NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
beep.boop.lawyering

New

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Post by beep.boop.lawyering » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:54 pm

Is the NCBE Study Aid immediately available for download or do you have to wait for them to process your payment?
I'm asking about the $85 Study Aid online.

onlyunholy

Bronze

Post by onlyunholy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 am

Are people giving them out?!

UKATTORNEYUSA

New

Post by UKATTORNEYUSA » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Baller31 wrote:Would anybody be able to send a PDF of the new MBE 210 question set to me? If you have finished it or have no need for it, I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.
I would love a copy too. Thanks

onlyunholy

Bronze

Post by onlyunholy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm

To all those who are asking for this PDF to be shared: first, PMs are disabled. second, no one is giving it away, at least not from this post..

Baller31

New

Post by Baller31 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 am

beep.boop.lawyering wrote:
Baller31 wrote:Would anybody be able to send a PDF of the new MBE 210 question set to me? If you have finished it or have no need for it, I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.
SAME HERE!!
Lol. I had to purchase it. I have the book though so I can't send the file. Nobody was willing to give it up, maybe because of the high cost. These questions are so tricky and tough though, sounds like this has been the consensus across the board. I'm only using it as a guide though. It's good at this point to just keep doing the Adaptibar questions. That's if you have Adaptibar. I have just been repeating them over and over again. I have done almost 2,000 of the questions including the ones I have repeated, plus Strategies and Tactics.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Baller31

New

Post by Baller31 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 am

beep.boop.lawyering wrote:
SAME HERE!!
Lol. I had to purchase it. I have the book though so I can't send the file. Nobody was willing to give it up, maybe because of the high cost. These questions are so tricky and tough though, sounds like this has been the consensus across the board. I'm only using it as a guide though. It's good at this point to just keep doing the Adaptibar questions. That's if you have Adaptibar. I have just been repeating them over and over again. I have done almost 2,000 of the questions including the ones I have repeated, plus Strategies and Tactics.

onlyunholy

Bronze

Post by onlyunholy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Does anyone else who have purchased these questions have any reviews or opinions on them? I am hearing the Civ Pro questions are extremely difficult, and of course that it is not entirely helpful since they don't have explanations. Worth it this late--especially for $85?

Marjorie Morningstar

New

Post by Marjorie Morningstar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:34 pm

I ordered the Civ Pro questions, with answer explanations, from JD Advising for $49 after I posted the link last week. I found them super useful to help me see what topics to hone in on, and where my weak spots still are. I sailed through the first 10 and thought the questions seemed easier than I expected. But it turned out I got 6 of the 10 wrong, so they really were just as hard.

onlyunholy

Bronze

Post by onlyunholy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Marjorie Morningstar wrote:I ordered the Civ Pro questions, with answer explanations, from JD Advising for $49 after I posted the link last week. I found them super useful to help me see what topics to hone in on, and where my weak spots still are. I sailed through the first 10 and thought the questions seemed easier than I expected. But it turned out I got 6 of the 10 wrong, so they really were just as hard.
I just looked at JD Advising and they have a 100 question set offered with 15 of those questions? But you bought the 30 questions with explanations for $50? It looks like the 210 questions are $85 without explanations--not sure if it would be worth it to spend $50 for 30 questions and answers vs $85 for 210 question without answers. Ahhhh, everything is so much [more] money! lol.. thank you for the response!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

M_Law

New

Post by M_Law » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Thecharmishere wrote:Any one else tried the new questions? What are your thoughts?

Can anyone speak on whether it was worth purchasing the new NCBE 210-question set? I am wondering if I should pull the trigger on this despite already having OPE 1-4.

Thanks.

airylef

New

Post by airylef » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:40 pm

My school gave out copies of an MBE Study Aid w/ 30 Civ Pro questions. I just finished them... and wow. I feel as stupid as ever. 26% correct. I'm bad at Civ Pro, sure, but not *that* bad. And since there's no explanations it's much harder for me to learn from my mistakes. I would definitely not purchase these w/o explanations. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for them. I'll just stick to Themis's questions instead of worrying about these.

New

Post by 12481632 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm

I also struggled very hard on the first 10 Civ Pro questions as they were nothing like the Civ Pro questions given by prep companies. However, the rest of the questions seemed "fair" for the most part, but it seems crazy to me they would not provide even simple rule statements for explanation. Do not buy if you still have available questions with explanations because this will not "teach" you at all.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:36 pm

airylef wrote:My school gave out copies of an MBE Study Aid w/ 30 Civ Pro questions. I just finished them... and wow. I feel as stupid as ever. 26% correct. I'm bad at Civ Pro, sure, but not *that* bad. And since there's no explanations it's much harder for me to learn from my mistakes. I would definitely not purchase these w/o explanations. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for them. I'll just stick to Themis's questions instead of worrying about these.
In what way did they not resemble the sample questions that the Bar Examiners make available online?

I mean these:

http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F16

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”