NY Third Department Admissions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
bda

New

NY Third Department Admissions

Postby bda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Is anyone else in the New York 3rd Dep. for admissions?

I submitted my application 2 weeks ago (received email confirmation of receipt Dec. 5). Got an email that they received my application Dec. 7.

Any idea when I should be receiving any more information about my interview and admission date? I'm curious if I made the deadline for 1/18 or have to wait until Feb.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Re: NY Third Department Admissions

Postby PersistentAttorney » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:06 am

bda wrote:Is anyone else in the New York 3rd Dep. for admissions?

I submitted my application 2 weeks ago (received email confirmation of receipt Dec. 5). Got an email that they received my application Dec. 7.

Any idea when I should be receiving any more information about my interview and admission date? I'm curious if I made the deadline for 1/18 or have to wait until Feb.

They received mine on Nov 20th and said they need 8-10 weeks to process it... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Probably Feb...

bda

New

Postby bda » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:06 am

PersistentAttorney wrote:

They received mine on Nov 20th and said they need 8-10 weeks to process it... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Probably Feb...

Interesting. I work with someone who got the email that they received his around 11/23 and he got his admission date last Friday.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Postby PersistentAttorney » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:09 am

bda wrote:
PersistentAttorney wrote:

Probably Feb...

Interesting. I work with someone who got the email that they received his around 11/23 and he got his admission date last Friday.

I called the 3rd department and I was told that they give priority to applications that passed the July exam over others that passed earlier. This is ridiculous. :x :x :x :x

I was told that I will get an invitation probably by February and my actual interview will be on March or April!! WTF???

Asroma

New

Postby Asroma » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am

Is anyone still here? Do you guys have any news?

annaedwards

New

Postby annaedwards » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Dec 12: confirmation email they received my application
Feb 9: Email that my interview and ceremony date would be in May.

tigress12

New

Postby tigress12 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Has anyone heard any news lately? Wondering if all the June swearing in spots have been taken...

bellalove23

New

Postby bellalove23 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:41 am

tigress12 wrote:Has anyone heard any news lately? Wondering if all the June swearing in spots have been taken...

Same here. Any indication on current turnaround time?

adil91

Silver

Postby adil91 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:40 am

In the law-related employment affidavit, the "if terminated how and why" question only applies if you were fired, correct?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�