UBE Transferring scores? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
R_G

New

UBE Transferring scores?

Post by R_G » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 am

Hi all,
I am taking the UBE in DC, and wanted to then transfer my score to NY. Has anyone transferred their UBE scores, how long is the process, and how quick after are you certified, etc?

maxmartin

Silver

Re: UBE Transferring scores?

Post by maxmartin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:37 am

R_G wrote:Hi all,
I am taking the UBE in DC, and wanted to then transfer my score to NY. Has anyone transferred their UBE scores, how long is the process, and how quick after are you certified, etc?
Transfer the score itself is superfast handled by NCBE. But the rest of your admittance is handled by each jurisdiction. CF usually is the rate limiting step and NY is not famous for fast CF process.

R_G

New

Post by R_G » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 am

mhmmm, thank you! but, even if I weren't transferring scores, the CF process would take some time anyways right? I'm just trying to figure out if transferring scores will create any (additional) delays.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 am

R_G wrote:mhmmm, thank you! but, even if I weren't transferring scores, the CF process would take some time anyways right? I'm just trying to figure out if transferring scores will create any (additional) delays.

Transfering score itself is super fast handled by NCBE. For me, it is only one business day. So there will be no additional delays if that is you are aksing.

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:31 pm

maxmartin wrote:
R_G wrote:mhmmm, thank you! but, even if I weren't transferring scores, the CF process would take some time anyways right? I'm just trying to figure out if transferring scores will create any (additional) delays.

Transfering score itself is super fast handled by NCBE. For me, it is only one business day. So there will be no additional delays if that is you are aksing.
Sat for the UBE in NY... missed by 4 points. In the process of getting admitted in a jurisdiction where my score is passing. Requesting a transfer of your UBE/MPRE score is super easy via the NCBE website (I think they charge $25 for each score transfer per jurisdiction). The applicable, C&F, etc. may hold you up. I'm 2nd Dept. in NY and people usually get a C&F date anywhere from 4 weeks after submitting their app, on average. As an out-of-stater, not sure which Dept. you'd be submitting to... that's probably the best way to figure out what turn around to expect.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:59 am

I transferred my UBE score to NY. Like everyone said, it's super quick and easy to actually transfer the score via NCBE. But NY is historically long with its c&f wait. They require a lot of documents and make you jump through a bunch of hoops. The UBE transfer process to NY is almost exactly the same as if you took the UBE in NY. After I completed all the steps to be eligible to apply for admission, I sent in my complete application packet. The Third Department had my completed application on July 10 and I was sworn in on November 16.

For other UBE states, the transfer process might be quicker. It all depends on how lengthy the c&f process is for the given state.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:21 am

Hi, hypothetically speaking- Let's say you fail the ny bar in july 2017. Can you transfer your mbe score to another state-- let's say CT. I think they take a mbe score of 140. If u take the writing section (day 1) in CT and let's say you pass CT. Can you then transfer your passing score of 266 or more from CT to NY? Has anyone heard of this?

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:49 pm

pvnyc wrote:Hi, hypothetically speaking- Let's say you fail the ny bar in july 2017. Can you transfer your mbe score to another state-- let's say CT. I think they take a mbe score of 140. If u take the writing section (day 1) in CT and let's say you pass CT. Can you then transfer your passing score of 266 or more from CT to NY? Has anyone heard of this?
CT barsite has clear answers to all your questions. Why don’t you read it before asking?
The short answer is No and No.

(1) You must pass in another state, then you can transfer your MBE score.
(2) In order to attain a UBE score, an applicant must sit for the MPT, MEE and MBE in Connecticut during the same administration of the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”