New York Law Exam December 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

New York Law Exam December 2017

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Taking it this Thursday . . . can we just not?
Last edited by EncyclopediaOrange on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asroma

New

Re: New York Law Exam

Post by Asroma » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 am

I am with you.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:08 am

Agreed. I'm scared I'll end up forgetting about it.

meat tornado

New

Post by meat tornado » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 pm

When should we expect our results? That was slightly harder than I was expecting -- I thought the majority of the questions would be in the PDF verbatim

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:56 pm

meat tornado wrote:When should we expect our results? That was slightly harder than I was expecting -- I thought the majority of the questions would be in the PDF verbatim
Past posts I saw say it usually takes about a week (I have no idea why). Yea agreed. Maybe they are actually trying to make it more difficult.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kumako

New

Re: New York Law Exam December 2017

Post by kumako » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Probably the result will release on Dec. 22nd. (according to the March and June timeline)

ojala

New

Post by ojala » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:47 pm

meat tornado wrote:When should we expect our results? That was slightly harder than I was expecting -- I thought the majority of the questions would be in the PDF verbatim
I agree! I actually thought it was hard. I wasn't able to find most of the answers in the PDF and although I googled some, it still involved reading through materials and even then, picking my best guess. A lot of people told me they had an entire hour left over but I pretty much finished just in time, and that was with just rushing past a few that were taking me too long to figure out. I was definitely not expecting that given how easy everyone said it was. I am so nervous this will hold up my admission process and affect my ability to get a job.

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 am

Agreed. Future takers, study a bit more for this.

M_Law

New

Post by M_Law » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Asroma wrote:

Would you recommend doing more practice questions, hearing all the lectures again, or diligently reading the course materials? I plan on taking the exam in March. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

msummer

New

Post by msummer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:02 am

M_Law wrote:
Asroma wrote:

Would you recommend doing more practice questions, hearing all the lectures again, or diligently reading the course materials? I plan on taking the exam in March. Thanks.
skim the outlines before the exam. I used a printed outline file in addition to the opened file on my laptop and found it very helpful. I don't think there any need to do more practice que or even to listen to the lectures.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 pm

msummer wrote:
M_Law wrote:
Asroma wrote:

skim the outlines before the exam. I used a printed outline file in addition to the opened file on my laptop and found it very helpful. I don't think there any need to do more practice que or even to listen to the lectures.
I listened to some lectures (esp the ones on CPLR) and I printed out the outline in case - but turned out to be unnecessary.

Don’t take it lightly and you should be fine.

My $.02

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:25 pm

The suspense is killing me... why does this take so long??

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:The suspense is killing me... why does this take so long??
I'm guessing we'll get them tomorrow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

meat tornado

New

Post by meat tornado » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Not 100% sure that I passed -- feel really unlucky that I took the first administration of the harder NYLE

Jayhawker10

New

Post by Jayhawker10 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:22 am

Long time reader, first time poster. Results are up. Passed.

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:51 am

Jayhawker10 wrote:Long time reader, first time poster. Results are up. Passed.
I would say congratulations but I'm not sure I can support kU..........

I also passed somehow. Not-studying at all can still work if you have the outline people.

Jayhawker10

New

Post by Jayhawker10 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:04 pm

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:

I also passed somehow. Not-studying at all can still work if you have the outline people.
First, how dare you besmirch KU's fine name!?

Second, totally agree about studying (or lack thereof). I played the videos in the background and just searched the outline during the exam. If one was to "study" anything, it should just be to familiarize yourself with the TOC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Passed. It didn't say what score I got, but I don't really give a shit. As long as I passed is what matters. All you had to do was print the outline and have it in front of you when you took the exam (just to err on the side of caution, I started glossing over the outline 3 days before the exam).

Failing the NYLE isn't nearly as traumatic as failing the bar (which happened to me twice before I got the monkey off my back in July). Nevertheless, I didn't want my swearing in to be delayed.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Passed. Skimming TOC beforehand + Ctrl F ftw

IVChioco

New

Post by IVChioco » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Jayhawker10 wrote:
EncyclopediaOrange wrote:

First, how dare you besmirch KU's fine name!?

Second, totally agree about studying (or lack thereof). I played the videos in the background and just searched the outline during the exam. If one was to "study" anything, it should just be to familiarize yourself with the TOC.
Woohoo! Congratulations. Fellow Jayhawker here—graduated from KU in 2014 and went straight into law school at Indiana University in Bloomington. I passed the December NYLE as well. I think all that's missing for me is that the Third Department still needs to review my character and fitness paperwork, which I submitted before the deadline. I e-mailed my notice of certification to the Third Department this afternoon, so hopefully they can review my paperwork quickly. If you'll be practicing in NYC, maybe we'll run into each other. Rock Chalk!

In regard to studying for future test-takers, all you really need to do is make the PDF of the outline searchable and you'll be fine. I read through it a few days before the exam and it was helpful. Just make sure you're able to find things fast—the two hours actually go by pretty quickly. There are 10 practice questions on the BOLE website; go through those just to see how fast you're able to find stuff in the outline. One other thing: Expect quite a few hypos. I went in thinking that everything was going to be verbatim from the outline, but this most recent administration of the NYLE probably had around 12-15 hypos where you actually had to apply the law. Good luck!

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:25 am

Did you all get your certification yet? This was my last step and I am still waiting. Will it arrive by mail or email? Thanks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kumako

New

Post by kumako » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:00 pm

Asroma wrote:Did you all get your certification yet? This was my last step and I am still waiting. Will it arrive by mail or email? Thanks.
Email. Might call BOLE and they will send you another one.

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 am

kumako wrote:
Asroma wrote:Did you all get your certification yet? This was my last step and I am still waiting. Will it arrive by mail or email? Thanks.
Email. Might call BOLE and they will send you another one.
Thanks! I did so and fixed it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”