Civ Pro Questions Release Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
supa_mitsu

New

Civ Pro Questions Release

Post by supa_mitsu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Why the hell don't they release more? I'm tired of Adaptibad low-quality civil procedure questions. It really bothers me to get questions wrong just because they are worded poorly. And some explanations, wow. Really poorly designed. I like Adaptibar and all, but the civ pro part sucks.

Is the Emanuel's Civ Pro part better?

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: Civ Pro Questions Release

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:03 pm

I believe the NCBE has not released any past civ pro questions, so all the review courses are using their own "simulated" questions. IMO the Adaptibar civ pro Q's were very tough to the point of infuriating. But I did not find them low quality, I thought they were good.

shaq23

New

Post by shaq23 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Agreed. They helped pinpoint the rules I should focus on when I got a question wrong (even though they were simulated).

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:06 pm

supa_mitsu wrote:Why the hell don't they release more? I'm tired of Adaptibad low-quality civil procedure questions. It really bothers me to get questions wrong just because they are worded poorly. And some explanations, wow. Really poorly designed. I like Adaptibar and all, but the civ pro part sucks.

Is the Emanuel's Civ Pro part better?
Are you getting all of the questions right? Is that why they're "poor?" Otherwise, i'd suggest spending more time learning the law and less time complaining...

supa_mitsu

New

Post by supa_mitsu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:28 pm

LockBox wrote:Are you getting all of the questions right? Is that why they're "poor?" Otherwise, i'd suggest spending more time learning the law and less time complaining...
By poor I mean giving misleading/confusing explanations. No need to get cranky about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 pm

supa_mitsu wrote:
LockBox wrote:Are you getting all of the questions right? Is that why they're "poor?" Otherwise, i'd suggest spending more time learning the law and less time complaining...
By poor I mean giving misleading/confusing explanations. No need to get cranky about it.
lol, sorry...too much coffee this morning. I guess my point is that even if they are tricky, they are still beneficial. I utilized and exclusively studied MBE questions on adaptibar, and while I agreed with you, I forced myself to try to understand the law better in order to attack those tricky/poorly worded questions. Just my experience though. Good luck.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 pm

I thought the civ pro questions from the bar prep companies didn't really prepare us for the real thing (consensus among people who took various courses). I think the actual MBE focused a lot more on the mechanics of trial, and not AS MUCH on Erie, SMJ and PJ as the bar prep companies did.

supa_mitsu

New

Post by supa_mitsu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:50 pm

LockBox wrote:
supa_mitsu wrote:
lol, sorry...too much coffee this morning. I guess my point is that even if they are tricky, they are still beneficial. I utilized and exclusively studied MBE questions on adaptibar, and while I agreed with you, I forced myself to try to understand the law better in order to attack those tricky/poorly worded questions. Just my experience though. Good luck.
No problem. Anyway, I find very helpful tricky questions because that’s what the MBE is all about. What was a little frustrating was when the explanation that you see after you respond to the question didn’t really make me understand the rule at all or was giving wrong reasons. Anyway, I’m sure I’m just a little cranky myself because of this damn exam. Adaptibar may need improvements but it still improved immensely my MBE score.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”