2018 February CA Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hope2018

New

Re: 2018 February CA Bar

Post by hope2018 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Mean MBE Scaled Score for Total Population (National) 132.775

Range of MBE Scaled Scores for Total Population (National) 65.600-188.300

I got this from PA bar stats for Feb 2018

CDNKimberley

New

Post by CDNKimberley » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm

OK, I passed the MPRE and my Moral Character came back (apparently I am an ok person). One month to go for the trifecta.

BrainToast

New

Post by BrainToast » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:36 pm

CDNKimberley wrote:OK, I passed the MPRE and my Moral Character came back (apparently I am an ok person). One month to go for the trifecta.
Nice!

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm

the essay questions have been posted on the CalBar website

jduckits

New

Post by jduckits » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:49 pm

krispymenudo wrote:the essay questions have been posted on the CalBar website
So do you think the Con Law question was mainly Free Exercise/Establishment & Content Based Speech?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

What'sUP?

New

Post by What'sUP? » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:04 pm

krispymenudo wrote:the essay questions have been posted on the CalBar website
S**t just got real AF!!!!

What'sUP?

New

Post by What'sUP? » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Looking/re-reading the questions now, they look like short/shorter fact patterns -- yet I felt like I was racing against the clock (and losing) to finish on time, which I guess basically sums it up!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Essays look short but are packed with issues! Sometimes even a full hour doesn't seem enough.

What'sUP?

New

Post by What'sUP? » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 pm

a male human wrote:Essays look short but are packed with issues! Sometimes even a full hour doesn't seem enough.
Agreed. One hour goes by fast under those conditions -- and an hour and half for the PT . . . please . . . like WTF? But, that is the nature of the beast that it is.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hope2018

New

Post by hope2018 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:16 pm

I am afraid to even look at the essays...I don't want to realize what issues I missed.

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:51 am

Just read on another forum that the results are delayed a week :shock:

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:38 am

hope2018 wrote:I am afraid to even look at the essays...I don't want to realize what issues I missed.
I don't remember what I wrote well enough to even know what I missed ha

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 am

Nightcrawler wrote:Just read on another forum that the results are delayed a week :shock:
I just saw the post you're talking about. I actually noticed a couple weeks ago that it said May 18th now. I swore up and down it was May 11, and that that was on a paper of some kind (i swore it was the admittance ticket). That other post says it was on their admittance ticket, so now I know I didn't just get May 11 out of thin air. I thought something was up when the announcement at the exam stated that they'd email us 2 weeks prior. I am a re-taker, and for July 2017 they said the actual date in the same announcement. :roll:

someone please explain to me why it takes just as long (actually, longer now) to grade half as many essays

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

What'sUP?

New

Post by What'sUP? » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:27 pm

krispymenudo wrote:
hope2018 wrote:I am afraid to even look at the essays...I don't want to realize what issues I missed.
I was hesitant to look as well, but decided to anyway. Even though I cringed internally at points as I was re-reading the questions, I am not sure I feel any different or more or less anxious. I do remember some of what I wrote, but obviously not everything. That being said, there are still things I wish I had mentioned and/or discussed more thoroughly.

Mxmasterr

New

Post by Mxmasterr » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:07 pm

What'sUP? wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:
I was hesitant to look as well, but decided to anyway. Even though I cringed internally at points as I was re-reading the questions, I am not sure I feel any different or more or less anxious. I do remember some of what I wrote, but obviously not everything. That being said, there are still things I wish I had mentioned and/or discussed more thoroughly.
looking over the PT i still dont know whether they wanted us to talk about standing or not. Im glad i put in a little 3 or 4 sentences on it highlighting that last case and saying ... it could be a trust, but sheesh that was not a clear instructions they gave us.

What'sUP?

New

Post by What'sUP? » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Mxmasterr wrote:
What'sUP? wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:
looking over the PT i still dont know whether they wanted us to talk about standing or not. Im glad i put in a little 3 or 4 sentences on it highlighting that last case and saying ... it could be a trust, but sheesh that was not a clear instructions they gave us.
I am not sure either. But, like you, I did discuss it as a last point as I thought it was relevant to the overall argument I made. But, who knows!?!? :?

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 pm

krispymenudo wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:Just read on another forum that the results are delayed a week :shock:
I just saw the post you're talking about. I actually noticed a couple weeks ago that it said May 18th now. I swore up and down it was May 11, and that that was on a paper of some kind (i swore it was the admittance ticket). That other post says it was on their admittance ticket, so now I know I didn't just get May 11 out of thin air. I thought something was up when the announcement at the exam stated that they'd email us 2 weeks prior. I am a re-taker, and for July 2017 they said the actual date in the same announcement. :roll:

someone please explain to me why it takes just as long (actually, longer now) to grade half as many essays
Maybe they failed too many people and now there aren't enough graders :roll: I think you can't be a grader unless you are a first-time passer or something like that

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:08 pm

krispymenudo wrote:I thought something was up when the announcement at the exam stated that they'd email us 2 weeks prior. I am a re-taker, and for July 2017 they said the actual date in the same announcement.
Wait, wait, wait. They said that? They would email us saying what? The date results will be out or the actual results?

iteachtenthgrade

Bronze

Post by iteachtenthgrade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Nightcrawler wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:I thought something was up when the announcement at the exam stated that they'd email us 2 weeks prior. I am a re-taker, and for July 2017 they said the actual date in the same announcement.
Wait, wait, wait. They said that? They would email us saying what? The date results will be out or the actual results?

I have never been so confused in my entire life. I do think I remember my ticket saying May 11. Can anyone confirm? WTF is this? DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE IMPOSSIBLY CONFUSING FOR NO REASON?

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Nightcrawler wrote:

Yes, they said that we would receive an email 2 weeks prior to the release of results, stating that results will be released in two weeks.

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:37 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:

I have never been so confused in my entire life. I do think I remember my ticket saying May 11. Can anyone confirm? WTF is this? DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE IMPOSSIBLY CONFUSING FOR NO REASON?
I remember my admittance ticket saying the same. I no longer have my admittance ticket to verify if it said that. It seems like others remember the admittance ticket saying May 11, too. However, the website says May 18. When they do the whole spiel in the morning of each test day (Chapter 6 Notice.... Chapter 6 Notice) they also said we would receive an email containing the release date, 2 weeks prior to said release date. It is very confusing and, frankly, bewildering.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

iteachtenthgrade

Bronze

Post by iteachtenthgrade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Also, where did you see this?

Has anyone been able to figure out if they ever release earlier than when it says on the site? Like, is that them being conservative? What would be the point of the email, otherwise? UGH THIS IS SOME DEGRADATION RITUAL GARBAGE RIGHT HERE. I tried to research it a little but now I'm so damn stressed I'm going to go channel this energy into a really hard work out during which I can't think and hope someone else has figured it out by the time I'm back.

P.S.--if anyone else is missing their "applicant number," it's in the thing that ExamSoft sent you to confirm receipt of upload.

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:48 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:

Has anyone been able to figure out if they ever release earlier than when it says on the site? Like, is that them being conservative? What would be the point of the email, otherwise? UGH THIS IS SOME DEGRADATION RITUAL GARBAGE RIGHT HERE. I tried to research it a little but now I'm so damn stressed I'm going to go channel this energy into a really hard work out during which I can't think and hope someone else has figured it out by the time I'm back.

P.S.--if anyone else is missing their "applicant number," it's in the thing that ExamSoft sent you to confirm receipt of upload.
They never release earlier. Looks to me like the email shenanigans was their way of postponing.

jduckits

New

Post by jduckits » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:23 pm

krispymenudo wrote:
iteachtenthgrade wrote:

My ticket says May 11, 2018. So they did change it... :evil:

They never release earlier. Looks to me like the email shenanigans was their way of postponing.

What'sUP?

New

Post by What'sUP? » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:48 am

Mxmasterr wrote:
What'sUP? wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:
Looking at this stuff now . . . makes me think I could have totally botched Con Law in more grave ways than I thought initially, Yet, at the same time, I am not sure. Same with the PT, its like I am thinking "Did I even do that right?" Yet, I can't think of how I would have -- or could have done it dramatically different at the time. Anyway . . . enough of that.

It looks like May 18th is the date when results are released as -- according to the website -- that is the first date that re-takers can submit their application for the July exam. I guess that is what it means, maybe.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”