Any point in taking Maryland July 2018 with UBE coming? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sparkytrainer

Silver

Any point in taking Maryland July 2018 with UBE coming?

Post by sparkytrainer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:33 pm

I am a 3L heading to biglaw in DC. Firm wants Maryland preferably, as it is a need for the group I'm heading into. However, Maryland has announced that they are likely going to adopt the UBE for July 2019.

Is it worth it to even consider taking Maryland and waiving into DC this summer, versus taking DC and waiving into Maryland a year later? I rather have the shot at early time in court in Maryland, but also don't see any good reasons otherwise. (Assuming the opportunity to get court time as a first year exists. It has previously in this group because of the lack of people who are barred in Md.).

jacketyellow

Bronze

Re: Any point in taking Maryland July 2018 with UBE coming?

Post by jacketyellow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:I am a 3L heading to biglaw in DC. Firm wants Maryland preferably, as it is a need for the group I'm heading into. However, Maryland has announced that they are likely going to adopt the UBE for July 2019.

Is it worth it to even consider taking Maryland and waiving into DC this summer, versus taking DC and waiving into Maryland a year later? I rather have the shot at early time in court in Maryland, but also don't see any good reasons otherwise. (Assuming the opportunity to get court time as a first year exists. It has previously in this group because of the lack of people who are barred in Md.).
If your firm wants MD, and there is a lack of people who are barred in MD, then take Maryland's bar. Get a 133 on the MBE and just waive into DC. That's all it takes.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”