Barmax UBE Course Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
pvnyc

Bronze

Barmax UBE Course

Post by pvnyc » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:54 am

Hi, does anyone have any experience with Barmax's UBE Course? (I will be re-taking the UBE in Feb. Failed July with Themis).
If anyone can share their experience with barmax, it would be great. (I am getting it for $500 with public interest discount) OR should I buy someone's Barbri textbooks?
Thanks

ajmb241

New

Re: Barmax UBE Course

Post by ajmb241 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 am

If you took Themis last time, why wouldn't you just repeat their course?

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:32 pm

ajmb241 wrote:If you took Themis last time, why wouldn't you just repeat their course?
Hi, because some people have said that I should change my approach

toast and bananas

Bronze

Post by toast and bananas » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 pm

pvnyc wrote:
ajmb241 wrote:If you took Themis last time, why wouldn't you just repeat their course?
Please don't take offense to this, but I'm not sure that taking a different prep course is "changing" your approach. Themis is a fine prep course, and what you should consider changing is your study methods so that they better address your weak areas.

ajmb241

New

Post by ajmb241 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm

toast and bananas wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
Please don't take offense to this, but I'm not sure that taking a different prep course is "changing" your approach. Themis is a fine prep course, and what you should consider changing is your study methods so that they better address your weak areas.
I'm here to second this. All prep courses present you with the same information in a different format. It's all about you choose to use the course. You can purchase all the extra materials you want but that won't make you pass. It's focusing on what you struggled with and improving on those areas. If your MBE score wasn't high enough, you need to do extra MBE practice questions and review the answers. If your essays weren't high enough, you need to do more practice essays, get them graded, etc. Using a different bar course alone probably won't change much. Barbri books definitely won't help - you already have your Themis books.

Granted, this is just my opinion but it's worth taking a hard look at where you struggled and go from there. Blindly buying a bunch of supplements isn't the way to go. Best of luck to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jill.lukins

New

Post by jill.lukins » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:59 pm

I am also taking Bar Exam. Сould we make a study group? Please email me jill.lukins@tuta.io.

Batibut

New

Post by Batibut » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:27 pm

I am also looking at using BarMax. I think the other review classes are way too expensive.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:11 am

This probably wouldn't qualify exactly as "direct experience" but my students who have used their program have had positive things to say about it. Modern company that seems to give you what you need without too much superfluous material. Just generally have heard very good reviews.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”