NY Third Department Swearing-in Date question Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
screwtapeletters

New

NY Third Department Swearing-in Date question

Post by screwtapeletters » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Attorney admissions, according to the third department schedule, are held on the following dates:

January 18
February 15, 22
March 21, 22
April 25, 26
May 24, 31
June 27
July 18, 19, 20
August 15, 16, 17
September 6, 12, 13
October 11, 17, 18
November 8, 9
December 5, 6, 7
Source: https://www.nycourts.gov/ad3/2018_Schedule_of_Terms.pdf

Has anyone requested for a specific date before? I want to get swore in on February for personal reasons, and was thinking of applying after the December 8th deadline for a chance of getting considered for Feb.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Re: NY Third Department Swearing-in Date question

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:39 pm

When I sent in my entire packet I wrote a cover letter asking to please expedite but it still took its normal course. I was complete the beginning of July and my swearing in date is November 16. But maybe other people have had better luck and turnaround time.

screwtapeletters

New

Post by screwtapeletters » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 am

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:When I sent in my entire packet I wrote a cover letter asking to please expedite but it still took its normal course. I was complete the beginning of July and my swearing in date is November 16. But maybe other people have had better luck and turnaround time.
Did you take the Feb bar??

TEIAM

Bronze

Post by TEIAM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:05 pm

I'd advise against waiting to submit your materials because the process takes a while. I submitted my materials in late January/early February and was given a September date. I did successfully move my date from September to August but I had a reason for doing so. I would imagine they would be amenable to giving you a later date but your materials have to be complete first.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 am

screwtapeletters wrote:
Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:When I sent in my entire packet I wrote a cover letter asking to please expedite but it still took its normal course. I was complete the beginning of July and my swearing in date is November 16. But maybe other people have had better luck and turnaround time.
Did you take the Feb bar??
I took the February UBE in NJ and transferred my score to NY. The character and fitness process is the same when you transfer. I was shocked at how long it took becquse I was complete in early July and got my confirmation towards the end of August with a November 16 date. I think that I was just unlucky with the wait.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 am

TEIAM wrote:I'd advise against waiting to submit your materials because the process takes a while. I submitted my materials in late January/early February and was given a September date. I did successfully move my date from September to August but I had a reason for doing so. I would imagine they would be amenable to giving you a later date but your materials have to be complete first.
3rd Department? I will not have my packet ready before January/February either... :roll:

TEIAM

Bronze

Post by TEIAM » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:59 am

Asroma wrote:
TEIAM wrote:I'd advise against waiting to submit your materials because the process takes a while. I submitted my materials in late January/early February and was given a September date. I did successfully move my date from September to August but I had a reason for doing so. I would imagine they would be amenable to giving you a later date but your materials have to be complete first.
3rd Department? I will not have my packet ready before January/February either... :roll:
Yes 3rd. If there is anything you can do to expedite the signatures, I'd work on it.

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:34 am

TEIAM wrote:
Asroma wrote:
Yes 3rd. If there is anything you can do to expedite the signatures, I'd work on it.
I'll try. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”