Virginia February 2018 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ScooterGa

New

Virginia February 2018

Post by ScooterGa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Didn't see one so I thought I would start one for everybody taking it the first time or again. It's a little early, but better sooner rather than later!

anandamide

New

Re: Virginia February 2018

Post by anandamide » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:15 pm

ScooterGa wrote:Didn't see one so I thought I would start one for everybody taking it the first time or again. It's a little early, but better sooner rather than later!
thanks for starting one. i dont know if i should re-take virginia or try for DC. IMHO VA has gotten unpredictable.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am

I’d be willing to sell some critical pass cards with VA notes written on them

Pm me

sarebot

New

Post by sarebot » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Re-takers: anyone have ideas on what they're doing differently? Taking up your bar course's offer of a free retake?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:23 am

anandamide wrote:
ScooterGa wrote:Didn't see one so I thought I would start one for everybody taking it the first time or again. It's a little early, but better sooner rather than later!
thanks for starting one. i dont know if i should re-take virginia or try for DC. IMHO VA has gotten unpredictable.

Same boat as you. My MBE is high enough to waive into DC so I would only have to take the essay portion so it seems like the best option for me. And I honestly do not think I can go through 20+ VA specific subjects again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ScooterGa

New

Post by ScooterGa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 am

sarebot wrote:Re-takers: anyone have ideas on what they're doing differently? Taking up your bar course's offer of a free retake?
I intend to use Barbri again since I get it for free this time. But I think I might try doing my "own thing" and what I mean by that is: if Barbri suggest a topic for the day I will study that topic, but not watch their videos, or use their questions. In place of MBE practice I will use Adaptibar solely this time, and I already started going over MBE and using Adaptibar.

I will start doing practice essays after I have gone through all of the MBE subjects one time completely. Once that is done I will probably do about 50 mixed questions a day on Adapitbar and 2 essays, actually writing them out, not outlining.

So for example if Barbri suggest Family law as a topic for the day I will review Family law, do two practice essays for Family law, and 50 mixed MBE questions from Adaptibar. At least that is what I have planned for now anyway, it may change as time goes on though in an attempt to refine what I'm studying to what I feel I need to be doing instead of what is suggested.

I feel that will take less time per day and I'll get a much better use out of the program instead of sitting there reviewing the subject, then watching a 3.5 hour video, then reviewing again, with a follow up for 25 MBEs and 1-2 essays. The first time I used Barbri I did EVERYTHING every day until about mid July where they started throwing all kind of things at you and I felt so drained and bored after the videos...to be followed by another couple hours of questions and essays. Even if it takes the same amount of time this time around, I will be doing something all the time instead of passively sitting sometimes and not doing actual practice, which I think it the biggest thing that killed me my first time, since I missed by less than 10 points.

shaq23

New

Post by shaq23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:53 am

sarebot wrote:Re-takers: anyone have ideas on what they're doing differently? Taking up your bar course's offer of a free retake?
I had come across this site and it has some good tips and strategies for the Virginia bar exam. Take a look. In case you need, they also offer a good review of Adaptibar.

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/virgini ... resources/

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/review- ... its-worth/

mraemorris

New

Post by mraemorris » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:16 pm

For the other masochists out there..

http://law.wm.edu/academics/howto/prepa ... swers_.pdf

anon2972

New

Post by anon2972 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 am

mraemorris wrote:For the other masochists out there..

http://law.wm.edu/academics/howto/prepa ... swers_.pdf

Masochist here! Any thoughts? Going through the sample answers, I'm not too shocked. It confirmed the things I knew I got wrong as soon as I walked out. Hoping the things I got right are enough to save me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sarebot

New

Post by sarebot » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Congrats to those who passed! I have a conditional passing in that I had to retake the MPRE because my score was too old. Now based on the letter I received about licensing dates, I’m concerned that I won’t get to participate in the June swearing in ceremony and I’ll have to schedule my own. There appears to be limited information about this online and of course it’s almost impossibly to call the board’s office. Does anyone have experience with this or know of anyone who has had to do this?

anon2972

New

Post by anon2972 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:14 pm

I'd be happy to sell my VA books to someone in need (financial difficulty). I don't seek to make a profit, so would only ask for cost of shipping. If you're thinking of pretending to be indigent to get a good deal: ask yourself if whether you really want to start off bar prep creating bad karma?

PM me if interested.

rolltidelaw

New

Post by rolltidelaw » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:53 pm

anon2972 wrote:I'd be happy to sell my VA books to someone in need (financial difficulty). I don't seek to make a profit, so would only ask for cost of shipping. If you're thinking of pretending to be indigent to get a good deal: ask yourself if whether you really want to start off bar prep creating bad karma?

PM me if interested.
I am interested. Can you please PM me?

anon2972

New

Post by anon2972 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:28 pm

rolltidelaw wrote:
anon2972 wrote:I'd be happy to sell my VA books to someone in need (financial difficulty). I don't seek to make a profit, so would only ask for cost of shipping. If you're thinking of pretending to be indigent to get a good deal: ask yourself if whether you really want to start off bar prep creating bad karma?

PM me if interested.
I am not able to for some reason. Can you make sure your PM setting is turned on (under Board Preferences within the User Control Panel).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rolltidelaw

New

Post by rolltidelaw » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:43 pm

anon2972 wrote:
rolltidelaw wrote:

PM me if interested.
I am not able to for some reason. Can you make sure your PM setting is turned on (under Board Preferences within the User Control Panel).
I checked and my PM setting is on. (strange)
Do you have a twitter or FB we can link on?

rolltidelaw

New

Post by rolltidelaw » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:11 pm

anon2972 wrote:
rolltidelaw wrote:

PM me if interested.

My message setting is turned on (strange). Would email or social media message suffice to contact you?

$$$$$$

Bronze

Post by $$$$$$ » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:43 am

Have Themis books from the February 2018 bar. They are largely untouched. Also have an Emmanuel S&T book (most recent) that is marked up, but still has many questions unanswered (and half a practice exam). PM me if interested in the books, I'd sell them for like $200.

anon2972

New

Post by anon2972 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:59 am

rolltidelaw wrote:
anon2972 wrote:
rolltidelaw wrote:

PM me if interested.

My message setting is turned on (strange). Would email or social media message suffice to contact you?
Sure, I made a throwaway account. Feel free to message me at flor53(at )headset5pl(dotcom)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shwng

New

Post by shwng » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm

Two time bar taker here. Just found out a couple weeks ago that I passed! I found the prep course from Barbri to not be sufficient after my first attempt. The second attempt I passed and scored high enough to waive into the D.C. bar as well as being licensed in Virginia. Barbri really fell short on the virginia essay test i thought. The resources I used the second time were:

MBE:
- Barbri
- Emmanuels - for MBE practice questions
- Critical Pass flashcards for the MBE questions

VA Essay test:
- Barbri (the practice essay equestion book)
- Lexbar (an online supplemental course for the essay portion)
- VEE Flashcards

The study aids that I think had the biggest impact for me was Emmanuels, Critical Pass flashcards, practice essays printed from past bar exams and some from the VA essay book, and the VEE Flashcards helped a ton. If i had to do it over, id pay for Emmanuels, Critical pass, and VEE Flashcards. Those three bar prep study aids made things so much easier the second go round. Felt like I had a really good grip of both the MBE and the essay portion. Look into all three.

Either way, study hard, stick with it, and I hope you do great and that this helps you at all!

Wednesday

New

Post by Wednesday » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:47 am

$$$$$$ wrote:Have Themis books from the February 2018 bar. They are largely untouched. Also have an Emmanuel S&T book (most recent) that is marked up, but still has many questions unanswered (and half a practice exam). PM me if interested in the books, I'd sell them for like $200.
Hi! I am interested in buyding the books, but I am not able to PM your for some reason. Are the books still avaliable?

Wednesday

New

Post by Wednesday » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:49 am

Hi everyone,

I would like to buy Virginia bar prep books. Please respond here or PM me if you would like to sell yours.

mraemorris

New

Post by mraemorris » Thu May 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Wednesday wrote:Hi everyone,

I would like to buy Virginia bar prep books. Please respond here or PM me if you would like to sell yours.
Mine are filled in/highlighted a lot, but I have a full Barbri set that I'd like to sell. PM me for more details.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

$$$$$$

Bronze

Post by $$$$$$ » Thu May 03, 2018 2:21 pm

I have a full Themis set that is pretty much untouched. I don't like taking notes in the books, so they look brand new. Additionally, I have all the Themis practice exams untouched as well, so that should be pretty valuable. I also have a marked up Emmanuel S&T book that I'd throw in for free as well (half the questions are answered, but many left unanswered and only half the practice exam in the back is done).

PM if interested

Wednesday

New

Post by Wednesday » Thu May 03, 2018 9:46 pm

$$$$$$ wrote:

I have a full Themis set that is pretty much untouched. I don't like taking notes in the books, so they look brand new. Additionally, I have all the Themis practice exams untouched as well, so that should be pretty valuable. I also have a marked up Emmanuel S&T book that I'd throw in for free as well (half the questions are answered, but many left unanswered and only half the practice exam in the back is done).

PM if interested
I am interested, but I can't PM you for some reason. When I go to your profile there is a "contact username" but no button for me to send a message. Anyway, if you could shoot me an e-mail with the price, that would be great. It's nataliealexandra546 at gmail dot com

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”