MPRE November 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Toubro

Bronze

Re: MPRE November 2017

Post by Toubro » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 pm

unlvcrjchick wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I don’t see how some test sheets would have this and some wouldn’t; it’s a standardized exam.
I recall the statement was us certifying that we are the person we say we are whose name appears on the answer sheet. It was a small statement in the middle of the answer sheet on the first page: it did not contain the provision that I’ve been discussing.

For example. This is taken from LSAT’s site:

“Certifying Statement: You will be required to write and sign a certifying statement on your answer sheet attesting that the person taking the test is the person whose name appears on the answer sheet and that you are taking the test for the sole purpose of admission to law school. Failure to sign your answer sheet or to complete the certifying statement, or modifying the certifying statement in any way, will result in a hold on your file and possibly a delay in reporting your score”
I just checked my admission ticket. It has the following:

"You will be required to write and sign the certifying statements on your answer sheet and MPRE Admission Ticket at the test center. On your MPRE Admission Ticket, you will attest that you are the person whose name appears on the MPRE Admission Ticket, that you have read the MPRE Test Day Policies and agree to comply with and be bound by the policies and procedures set forth . . . ."

The "MPRE Test Day policies" then in turn have that language you found with all your clicking.

Also, not all the rules are animated by IP considerations. This particular prohibition on speaking about it casually from memory is likely driven by test security considerations.
Last edited by Toubro on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm

It’s also on the policies website which tells you what you can/can’t bring to the exam.

(Scooped.)

unlvcrjchick

New

Post by unlvcrjchick » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Toubro wrote:
unlvcrjchick wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I don’t see how some test sheets would have this and some wouldn’t; it’s a standardized exam.
I recall the statement was us certifying that we are the person we say we are whose name appears on the answer sheet. It was a small statement in the middle of the answer sheet on the first page: it did not contain the provision that I’ve been discussing.

For example. This is taken from LSAT’s site:

“Certifying Statement: You will be required to write and sign a certifying statement on your answer sheet attesting that the person taking the test is the person whose name appears on the answer sheet and that you are taking the test for the sole purpose of admission to law school. Failure to sign your answer sheet or to complete the certifying statement, or modifying the certifying statement in any way, will result in a hold on your file and possibly a delay in reporting your score”
I just checked my admission ticket. It has the following:

"You will be required to write and sign the certifying statements on your answer sheet and MPRE Admission Ticket at the test center. On your MPRE Admission Ticket, you will attest that you are the person whose name appears on the MPRE Admission Ticket, that you have read the MPRE Test Day Policies and agree to comply with and be bound by the policies and procedures set forth . . . ."

The "MPRE Test Day policies" then in turn have that language you found with all your clicking.

Also, not all the rules are animated by IP considerations. This particular prohibition on speaking about it casually from memory is likely driven by test security considerations.
I was frantically searching for my admission ticket until you beat me to it because it wasn’t on the answer sheet or discussed by the proctor at my location. Thanks for clarifying.

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Toubro wrote:If your proctors didn't read all the instructions out, that's on them. But when I took the test they made it pretty clear that you weren't allowed to casually discuss the questions.
Yeah, I don't remember exactly what was in the certifying statement that we had to sign (mostly about his attesting that we are who we say we are), but I vividly remember the proctor saying that we aren't allowed to discuss the questions.

sgd19

New

Post by sgd19 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 am

can we discuss the questions after the results are announced? if someone didn't pass, then they need to review what they did wrong and understand why they got something wrong, so next time they can study the areas they are weak in. the ncbe doesn't even give you an option to purchase your own exam to review what was wrong. how is someone expected to review? because this exam was way harder than i expected, even after having done nonstop problems on themis. seems like there's a big luck factor involved in passing these exams, meaning you're playing more of the stay ahead of the curve game.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 am

sgd19 wrote:can we discuss the questions after the results are announced? if someone didn't pass, then they need to review what they did wrong and understand why they got something wrong, so next time they can study the areas they are weak in. the ncbe doesn't even give you an option to purchase your own exam to review what was wrong. how is someone expected to review? because this exam was way harder than i expected, even after having done nonstop problems on themis. seems like there's a big luck factor involved in passing these exams, meaning you're playing more of the stay ahead of the curve game.
Not here, you can’t.

Honestly, it’s a pretty limited amount of material, and it’s not really like the LSAT or the bar where knowing which areas you did poorly in will help you. If you learn the professional rules instead of doing practice questions you should do fine.

breadgiver

New

Post by breadgiver » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:54 am

Thank you Unlvcrjchick and Toubro for answering my questions!

Anyone have an idea or guess as to when grades will be posted?

breadgiver

New

Post by breadgiver » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:58 am

unlvcrjchick

New

Post by unlvcrjchick » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:34 am

breadgiver wrote:Answered my own question :o :

http://www.ncbex.org/home/SearchForm?Se ... 0&start=30
Thanks for the info. I will be in the middle of the ocean on a liveaboard Bahamas trip so I won’t know my results until the 8th: truly a first world problem.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

breadgiver

New

Post by breadgiver » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:33 am

From what I have read in previous forums, scores usually come out today.

Do you think we will get our scores today? :shock:

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 pm

breadgiver wrote:From what I have read in previous forums, scores usually come out today.

ncbex.org says they'll be posted tomorrow, 12/5

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 pm

Gray wrote:ughhh I hope not...
I've already started studying for the March exam. (Not really, but I probably should.)
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RareExports

Silver

Post by RareExports » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm

breadgiver wrote:From what I have read in previous forums, scores usually come out today.

Scores usually come out the 4th Wednesday after the test, which would have been last Wednesday. Very unusual that we have not received scores yet.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:39 pm

They're also usually released the day before NCBE says they'll be released, so I'd be surprised if yall don't get your scores today - keep checking your file cabinets on ncbex.org

Pawprynt

New

Post by Pawprynt » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:They're also usually released the day before NCBE says they'll be released, so I'd be surprised if yall don't get your scores today - keep checking your file cabinets on ncbex.org
I’m checking every so often. It is really hard to focus on studying for exams when I just want to know if I’ll have to take it again in March. I’ll be a lot of fun waiting for bar results :/ I thought it was a hard exam too.

mlp12

New

Post by mlp12 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:01 pm

Results are up

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Commoncourtesy

New

Post by Commoncourtesy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Scores are up

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:09 pm

not what I was expecting.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Passed. Thank goodness, I hate that test. Failed my first time after not studying at all. This time I put probably 5 hours of studying in. Glad I am done with this.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 pm

did ya'll fail or are ya'll vagueposting? either way, stop it.

edit on preview: thank you.

adil91

Silver

Post by adil91 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Passed by a large margin :D

SolemnMan

New

Post by SolemnMan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Jesus passed by a huge margin even though I consider it one of the most difficult tests I've ever taken.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Post by foregetaboutdre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Passed with a 95. Cut it fairly close, but the formula works. Barbri (free prep) for 2-3 days and you're golden!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”