MBE Rules Outline? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Blackberie

New

MBE Rules Outline?

Post by Blackberie » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:08 pm

I've learned from several sources that the key to improving on the MBE is creating a "Rules Outline." My question for everyone is what does this look like? I'm re-taking the exam next February and would like to really improve on my score - so I'd like to adopt this method. What do people do for that? Take 34 questions - go over the right and wrong answers - and create a document for all the rules you missed? Does anyone have a sample of what they did?

Thanks!

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: MBE Rules Outline?

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 pm

The advice I give to my students is to extract the rule of law from every practice question that you do and write it either on a flashcard or somewhere where you can organize the rules by subject (contracts, property, etc.) The thing with the MBE is that it consists of legal principles hidden within sets of facts. The principles continue to repeat, but the facts change. So if you can focus on learning these principles, you'll then just need to get better at seeing them being tested in a new set of facts, and you'll understand them well enough to resolve the legal issue and draw the correct conclusion (the correct answer choice). It's that last part that takes practice, but smart practice is always better than just a ton of practice.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”