Kaplan for $1,299 or wait? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
max_p

New

Kaplan for $1,299 or wait?

Post by max_p » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Title says it all. Kaplan has a deal that expires tomorrow. I don't really care which bar prep I use as long as it's affordable. Barmax is only $999 so I'm strongly considering that. Will prices get much better than $1,299? I don't want to risk waiting and lose out on this deal.

BulletTooth

Bronze

Re: Kaplan for $1,299 or wait?

Post by BulletTooth » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:25 pm

I paid $1,299 for Kaplan, and I don't think I heard of anyone paying less. I thought Kaplan was worth it. It has the same amount of resources as Barbri for a fraction of the price. PM me if you want more info.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:06 am

I negotiated with regional sales guy and paid 800 for UBE live and 600 for Florida on demand.

Can send blacked out receipts, but these folks are like car salesmen most just don't know it, bar prep is a cutthroat field.

Never pay sticker even if it's a sale!

DallasCedarSprings

New

Post by DallasCedarSprings » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:35 pm

I paid $1,999 for Kaplan (Texas on demand) so $1,299 sounds like a steal.

I recommend not taking the live classes if they cost more. On demand is the same experience and you can speed up slow-talking instructors.

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:50 pm

$1299 is probably going to be the lowest price you're going to see openly advertised for Kaplan. You may or may not be able to negotiate a lower price on an individual basis. Probably not for just UBE, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

unlvcrjchick

New

Post by unlvcrjchick » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:36 pm

DallasCedarSprings wrote:
I recommend not taking the live classes if they cost more. On demand is the same experience and you can speed up slow-talking instructors.
This. I used Kaplan for the UBE and chose the on-demand option: saved me so much time watching the lectures at 1.5 and 2x speed. Looking back and comparing to BarBri, I don’t know how I got through the live course 9 years ago.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 am

heythatslife wrote:$1299 is probably going to be the lowest price you're going to see openly advertised for Kaplan. You may or may not be able to negotiate a lower price on an individual basis. Probably not for just UBE, though.
Does anyone think there might be a public interest discount?

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 am

pvnyc wrote:
heythatslife wrote:$1299 is probably going to be the lowest price you're going to see openly advertised for Kaplan. You may or may not be able to negotiate a lower price on an individual basis. Probably not for just UBE, though.
Check with your school's Kaplan rep. There usually is something for PI folks that goes below that.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 am

Anyone have any views about the on demand option (at your own pace)?.. Kaplan has only 1 class in NYC and it is really far away.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:25 pm

pvnyc wrote:Anyone have any views about the on demand option (at your own pace)?.. Kaplan has only 1 class in NYC and it is really far away.
So I had the live in class version since I was a Kaplan rep and got my course for essentially free. With that being said I quickly switched to the on demand function. I liked being able to watch videos at 1.5x speed so I had more time for MBE questions

FascinatedWanderer

Bronze

Post by FascinatedWanderer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:49 pm

heythatslife wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
Check with your school's Kaplan rep. There usually is something for PI folks that goes below that.
You can usually get Kaplan for free if you're PI through your school's rep.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:39 pm

FascinatedWanderer wrote:
heythatslife wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
You can usually get Kaplan for free if you're PI through your school's rep.
No.. its 999 with public interest

FascinatedWanderer

Bronze

Post by FascinatedWanderer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Guess it depends on the school. I got it for free.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”