Those who took both the UBE and Florida Bar Exam, is one easier than the other Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Those who took both the UBE and Florida Bar Exam, is one easier than the other

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:46 pm

Scored low on my UBE, have a position lined up down in Florida that is considered my dream job but there isn't much long-term security and I can't figure out which bar exam to sit for in Feb. 2018, the Florida Bar Exam and take the new job down there if it's that much easier than the UBE, or take the UBE exam. I also want to mention I'd only see myself practicing in Washington, DC or New Jersey, I'm over NYC after doing law school and my 1L SA there. Thanks

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Those who took both the UBE and Florida Bar Exam, is one easier than the other

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:14 pm

This question is right up my alley since it's the two exams that I teach. :)

The UBE is more manageable. The reason is because there are less subjects to learn in general, and then add to that the fact that you need not know any distinctions. In other words, for every MBE subject you'll need to know the Florida distinctions for the Florida Bar Exam. Not so with the UBE.

Both of these exams are passable with the right approach. But it's just easier to wrap your head around the world of law required by the UBE.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”