New York Law Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
L_William_W

Bronze

New York Law Exam

Post by L_William_W » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:38 am

I apologize if this has been asked before. I'm a little confused about the New York Law Exam. I know that it is given once a month online, but does it have to be done at a specific time (i.e. at Noon) or can you take it anytime (within reason) and then submit it?

Also, is the exam roughly the same level of difficulty as the MPRE? If I don't do well, can I take it over again?

zephyr12

New

Re: New York Law Exam

Post by zephyr12 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

1. It's offered once a quarter, not once a month. Next NYLE is 12/14 and you have to register for it by 11/14. To register, you need to have "watched" all of the NYLC videos.

2. Yes it has to be done at a specific time. You'll be at home or wherever on your laptop and have Examsoft open. Once the clock strikes 12:00pm on the exam date, you start the test and you need to be done by 2:00pm. You have until 2:30pm that day to upload the test file.

3. It is way way easier than the MPRE. Here's a searchable PDF of the NYLE materials they test on: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=939 ... 4105643999. If you ctrl+f each question you'll easily find 90% of the answers pretty quickly. The test is open book so you can have it open on your computer. There's no need to study for this test unlike the MPRE.

4. It'd be pretty amazing if you did not pass it considering you need to only get like 60% of the questions right and you have the answers handy during the test but yes you can re-take.

MurdockLLP

Bronze

Post by MurdockLLP » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:10 am

Has anyone received the email to download the exam software for the upcoming NYLE?

Edit: got the email 20 minutes after I posted this.

randomquestion

New

Post by randomquestion » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:24 pm

zephyr12 wrote:1. It's offered once a quarter, not once a month. Next NYLE is 12/14 and you have to register for it by 11/14. To register, you need to have "watched" all of the NYLC videos.

2. Yes it has to be done at a specific time. You'll be at home or wherever on your laptop and have Examsoft open. Once the clock strikes 12:00pm on the exam date, you start the test and you need to be done by 2:00pm. You have until 2:30pm that day to upload the test file.

3. It is way way easier than the MPRE. Here's a searchable PDF of the NYLE materials they test on: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=939 ... 4105643999. If you ctrl+f each question you'll easily find 90% of the answers pretty quickly. The test is open book so you can have it open on your computer. There's no need to study for this test unlike the MPRE.

4. It'd be pretty amazing if you did not pass it considering you need to only get like 60% of the questions right and you have the answers handy during the test but yes you can re-take.

do you know if ExamSoft shuts down all other applications? Or is it possible for you to have open the PDF & the ExamSoft?

zephyr12

New

Post by zephyr12 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:07 pm

randomquestion wrote:do you know if ExamSoft shuts down all other applications? Or is it possible for you to have open the PDF & the ExamSoft?
It's in the "open" mode so you can search the PDF while you have ExamSoft open.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yankees1313

New

Post by Yankees1313 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Does the searchable PDF still exist?

M_Law

New

Post by M_Law » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Yankees1313 wrote:Does the searchable PDF still exist?
I'm looking for the same actually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BetchPlease

New

Post by BetchPlease » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:53 am

the large print format of the materials available on the NYLE site is searchable using ctrl F.

https://www.nybarexam.org/Content/LargePrint.htm

infidelis

New

Post by infidelis » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:36 pm

zephyr12 wrote:1. It's offered once a quarter, not once a month. Next NYLE is 12/14 and you have to register for it by 11/14. To register, you need to have "watched" all of the NYLC videos.

Do you still have the searchable PDF? Link is dead.

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:55 pm

So if I get a question wrong it starts again where that lecture was covered but you can't skip the rest? I just watched a 21 min video, missed a stupid question and the whole 21 min video started again with no way to fast forward it

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”