2018 February DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Nicolena.

Bronze

Re: 2018 February DC Bar

Post by Nicolena. » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 pm

I am staying a little over a mile away from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. How early would you guys suggest leaving? I'm going to just use a Lyft/Uber. It says 10 mins away. I planned to leave 30 mins early.

I'm too nervous to risk transit. Idk if transit is anything like NJ/NY, but people get stuck on trains or there are delays all the time. I figured if somehow traffic is that bad, I could always leave the lyft and just walk the remainder of the way to the convention center.

Any tips appreciated! Thanks!

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Somewhat off topic, but upon receiving a few requests, I published some tips/examples of mnemonics/analogies/acronyms etc. here: https://blockbusterblawg.com/2018/06/16 ... -examples/ and if you find them helpful or have any requests topic wise, I think I have a document somewhere with all the ones I used/created. If I can't find the doc, they're definitely in my hard copy binder. I also have some charts/diagrams on my "study aid" page and will be uploading more shortly. Good luck and kill it guys, get your 266!

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Has anyone gotten an email from the committee about the swearing in ceremony orhave any predictions on when it will be?

PoliLaw

New

Post by PoliLaw » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:03 pm

The email is being sent on the 20th

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 am

PoliLaw wrote:The email is being sent on the 20th
Any idea when the actual swearing in ceremony is? I’m making travel plans for 4th of July and want to make sure it doesn’t interfere.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:15 am

hanner22 wrote:
Any idea when the actual swearing in ceremony is? I’m making travel plans for 4th of July and want to make sure it doesn’t interfere.
The initial email said July 13. What’s everyone current status on dc website for C&f mine still says pending report.

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:23 am

DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:
The initial email said July 13. What’s everyone current status on dc website for C&f mine still says pending report.

Mine as well... I had called last week and finally spoke with the director (I believe? ) and she said it was good I called (even though this was likely my 5th call since the results came out) as someone had not checked something off regarding my C&F, which would have held up the processing of my application. Let's hope that's not a common issue.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:29 am

BellaSera1014 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:

Mine as well... I had called last week and finally spoke with the director (I believe? ) and she said it was good I called (even though this was likely my 5th call since the results came out) as someone had not checked something off regarding my C&F, which would have held up the processing of my application. Let's hope that's not a common issue.
Oh no. But even after they checked off whatever they hadn’t it still says pending report?

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:38 pm

I am staying a little over a mile away from the testing center. How early would you guys suggest leaving? I planned to take a Lyft instead of transit, in case transit breaks down.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Nicolena. wrote:I am staying a little over a mile away from the testing center. How early would you guys suggest leaving? I planned to take a Lyft instead of transit, in case transit breaks down.
It’s not far. Leave an hour early on the first so you can get there nice and early to calm your being late anxiety. On day two you’ll have a better idea of long it will take you to get there and what time to leave.

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:

Oh no. But even after they checked off whatever they hadn’t it still says pending report?
Yes, but that's because the 30 day public comment period was open through yesterday... so technically they could not finalize it until today. Although as of right now, its still pending.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:08 pm

BellaSera1014 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:

Yes, but that's because the 30 day public comment period was open through yesterday... so technically they could not finalize it until today. Although as of right now, its still pending.

They have a lot of reports to go through. I hope they didn’t forget to check something off on mine. When your status changes can you post about it on here and I’ll do the same just in case one of ours isn’t updated we can call ahead of time to prevent something holding up our swearing in process. Thanks.

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:
I’ve only received one email from the committee with my score breakdown saying to wait for an email after June 18th. Am I missing something? What email said that the swearing in ceremony was on the 13th?

C&F still says pending report for me as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:19 pm

hanner22 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:
I’ve only received one email from the committee with my score breakdown saying to wait for an email after June 18th. Am I missing something? What email said that the swearing in ceremony was on the 13th?

You’re right it wasn’t in an email. It says so on the results PDF. I knew I read July 13 somewhere and I was right. The pdf announcing the names of those who passed says that we can opt to attend the swearing in ceremony on July 13, 2018.

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:35 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:

You’re right it wasn’t in an email. It says so on the results PDF. I knew I read July 13 somewhere and I was right. The pdf announcing the names of those who passed says that we can opt to attend the swearing in ceremony on July 13, 2018.
Thanks for clarifying! Just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss an email haha

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Has anyone received their email yet or has had their status changed from pending? I am still waiting and my status is still on pending.

PoliLaw

New

Post by PoliLaw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:22 pm

6/15/2018 Notices will be sent by email beginning on Wednesday, June 20th for February Bar exam applicants who have successfully completed all requirements for admission to the D.C. Bar. The notice will include information about the swearing in and registration process to complete admission.

Thats from the DC site.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 pm

DGPHMP wrote:Has anyone received their email yet or has had their status changed from pending? I am still waiting and my status is still on pending.

No change here either... just checked (1:42 pm).

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Anyone get their email yet?

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Got my email this afternoon, and my application page has been updated.

PoliLaw

New

Post by PoliLaw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:04 pm

What are the instructions given? :?:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:06 pm

bruinwang wrote:Got my email this afternoon, and my application page has been updated.

I am still waiting on mine. Was this your first time taking the exam? It was my first time. I am just wondering what order they are doing them in?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Still waiting for an email & C&F still pending...ugh.

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:20 am

DGPHMP wrote:
bruinwang wrote:Got my email this afternoon, and my application page has been updated.

I am still waiting on mine. Was this your first time taking the exam? It was my first time. I am just wondering what order they are doing them in?

It washy first time taking it as well, I received the e-mail around 3:14 yesterday. It had no content, just titled: "DCCA Office of Admissions: Certification Email."

katzinthebag

New

Post by katzinthebag » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 am

I did not receive an email yesterday called this morning and was told they START emailing people the 20th but if I don't hear by Monday (the 25th) I should call back.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”