2018 February DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hanner22

New

Re: 2018 February DC Bar

Post by hanner22 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:30 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:Anyone still waiting for an email?

My application was updated today to say "Receipt of Character and Fitness Summary Report." At least there is some change going on.
I haven’t even gotten that far. I bet your email comes today. I’ll say a prayer for ya.
Thank you! But unfortunately still no email...wompppp.

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:27 am

For anyone still waiting for an email & who hopes to be sworn in at the ceremony this may be helpful to you:

I called the office this morning and again inquired about the email. She asked me for my name and told me that they have received my C&F and that once it is processed I will receive an email. I asked about the 10 day rule and there was some confusion on their end but they basically told me that the 10 day rule only applies to those swearing in absentia and not for those swearing in at the ceremony. There were two people discussing this with me on the other end. One was pretty confident that that was the rule & the other not so much. They told me that the director was in a meeting and to call back in an hour once they check with her about the rule.

So basically what I got from that call was that even if we don't receive the email today that doesn't mean that we cannot be sworn in on the 13th. I will call back in an hour to get a definite answer on this once they talk to the director.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:09 am

hanner22 wrote:For anyone still waiting for an email & who hopes to be sworn in at the ceremony this may be helpful to you:

I called the office this morning and again inquired about the email. She asked me for my name and told me that they have received my C&F and that once it is processed I will receive an email. I asked about the 10 day rule and there was some confusion on their end but they basically told me that the 10 day rule only applies to those swearing in absentia and not for those swearing in at the ceremony. There were two people discussing this with me on the other end. One was pretty confident that that was the rule & the other not so much. They told me that the director was in a meeting and to call back in an hour once they check with her about the rule.

So basically what I got from that call was that even if we don't receive the email today that doesn't mean that we cannot be sworn in on the 13th. I will call back in an hour to get a definite answer on this once they talk to the director.
Lots of conflicting info but they’re just putting all these new processes into place to make the process easier for future applicants.

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:18 am

DGPHMP wrote: Lots of conflicting info but they’re just putting all these new processes into place to make the process easier for future applicants.
I just got off the phone with the director. The 10 day rule only applies to those who are swearing in absentia.

She told me that they just received a large batch of C&F from NCBE last week and that they working hard to review them and get everyone certified before the swearing in ceremony. I told her that my online application indicated that they had received my C&F and she said that I should be hearing from them hopefully by the end of the week. She then took my name down & told me to call back on Monday if I haven't heard anything.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:36 am

hanner22 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote: Lots of conflicting info but they’re just putting all these new processes into place to make the process easier for future applicants.
I just got off the phone with the director. The 10 day rule only applies to those who are swearing in absentia.

She told me that they just received a large batch of C&F from NCBE last week and that they working hard to review them and get everyone certified before the swearing in ceremony. I told her that my online application indicated that they had received my C&F and she said that I should be hearing from them hopefully by the end of the week. She then took my name down & told me to call back on Monday if I haven't heard anything.
If only I had a nickel for every time they’ve said “if you don’t hear back by the end of this week call on Monday.”

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:40 am

Finally received my certification email this morning...hallelujah!

DanFielding

New

Post by DanFielding » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:41 am

Finally, just happy to get this over with.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:11 pm

My status was updated on Tuesday to report received when did your status change Dan?

thenatikid

New

Post by thenatikid » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:46 pm

I haven't received my certification email yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wwwcol

Bronze

Post by wwwcol » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:30 pm

If their slowness results in missing the July 13 swearing-in, does anyone know when the next opportunity is?

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:14 pm

July taker here, can anyone tell me if we are allowed to bring any kind of pen? I have one of those ones with multiple colors and I’m trying to figure out if that’ll be allowed for essay day.

Also can i bring ear plugs in? Or are they distributed at the exam?

Thanks!

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 am

Nicolena. wrote:July taker here, can anyone tell me if we are allowed to bring any kind of pen? I have one of those ones with multiple colors and I’m trying to figure out if that’ll be allowed for essay day.

Also can i bring ear plugs in? Or are they distributed at the exam?

Thanks!
I believe the instructions said only blue or black ink pens but the rules were so loosely enforced in Feb. The girl sitting next to me had all kinds of highlighters and pens and no one said anything to her. They did hand out ear plugs on the first day but if I remember correctly they ran out. I would bring your own just to be on the safe side.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:27 pm

wwwcol wrote:If their slowness results in missing the July 13 swearing-in, does anyone know when the next opportunity is?
You can swear in abstenía

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CLSGumbo

New

Post by CLSGumbo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Have any July takers received their ticket yet?

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

CLSGumbo wrote:Have any July takers received their ticket yet?
It's supposed to come next week.

qazplm123

New

Post by qazplm123 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:03 am

Hi, I plan on taking the Feb administration of MEE only as I have a passing MBE score from another state. Would anyone coming from out of state mind sharing some tips or materials with me? thank you olympias@protonmail.com

Lawmakers

New

Post by Lawmakers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Anyone knows the date for the December swearing in date?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Audi

New

Post by Audi » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:37 pm

Mjevans610 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:40 pm
I passed!!!!!! This was my third try but my first time taking DC. It is possible. No one give up!!!! I used Barbri the first and second time but third time got an amazing tutor. Just remember like still moves.... I am still planning a wedding. I still travelled. I still played tennis. Do not let “failure” define you.
This is late but I'm curious if you could PM me your private tutor information. I'm currently set to take the February 2021 DC bar. Thanks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”