2018 February DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Krissynateylee

Bronze

Re: 2018 February DC Bar

Post by Krissynateylee » Tue May 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Finally at the home stretch and every second feels like an eternity...

ASMLAW

New

Post by ASMLAW » Tue May 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Less than 24 hours assuming they post on time. Why does the time seem to be going more slowly than usual? Hope we all pass :!: :!: :D

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Tue May 15, 2018 5:46 pm

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I failed so I'm going to try not to think about it. i.e. not checking this board or the website until after work tomorrow.. good luck to all!!

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 pm

timesnewboston wrote:The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I failed so I'm going to try not to think about it. i.e. not checking this board or the website until after work tomorrow.. good luck to all!!
me too. i keep flip flopping. i dont know how to feel or what to think. i dont even know what im going to be doing tomorrow. im going to go crazy! :shock:

Krissynateylee

Bronze

Post by Krissynateylee » Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 pm

timesnewboston wrote:The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I failed so I'm going to try not to think about it. i.e. not checking this board or the website until after work tomorrow.. good luck to all!!
How will you concentrate? I swear i would've taken tomorrow off if i was working...binge watch 'Suits' or 'The Voice' or something...All will be well, keep the faith.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ASMLAW

New

Post by ASMLAW » Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Krissynateylee wrote:
How will you concentrate? I swear i would've taken tomorrow off if i was working...binge watch 'Suits' or 'The Voice' or something...All will be well, keep the faith.
Have an apt then may go to a movie or binge watch or work. IDK, It will be hard.

ASMLAW

New

Post by ASMLAW » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am

Well if you are living or visiting the East Coast today and planning to stay until 400PM today is the day. 14 hours and counting. Best of luck to myself and you all. If you believe in God, I pray I pass and so do you. Also sending good vibes. If you do not believe in God my thoughts and good vibes are with you. :D :!:

Krissynateylee

Bronze

Post by Krissynateylee » Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 am

ASMLAW wrote:
Krissynateylee wrote:
Have an apt then may go to a movie or binge watch or work. IDK, It will be hard.
A movie sounds great !!! like just go to the theater and watch movies back to back til 6:00p.m. :lol: woke up at 4:30 a.m. couldn't sleep ... I really hope i don't have to go through this torture again ...

UBEBarExamTaker9

New

Post by UBEBarExamTaker9 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 am

6 hours. Get ready!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

autodoor

New

Post by autodoor » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 pm

I'm at work and I'm trying to throw myself into it so I don't constantly think about this. 4 hours left! (Assuming they post on time...)

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Was anyone able to log in to dcbar.org (the red and white page) apart from the Committee on Admissions page? Are they just automatically linked?

perplixityparanoia

New

Post by perplixityparanoia » Wed May 16, 2018 12:43 pm

dogzncatz wrote:Was anyone able to log in to dcbar.org (the red and white page) apart from the Committee on Admissions page? Are they just automatically linked?
I can log in at dcbar.org. But on the left hand side my membership status says: Non-member. Don't know if it means I did not pass.

This is how it shows:

Your Membership Status: Non-Member

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 pm

perplixityparanoia wrote:
dogzncatz wrote:Was anyone able to log in to dcbar.org (the red and white page) apart from the Committee on Admissions page? Are they just automatically linked?
I can log in at dcbar.org. But on the left hand side my membership status says: Non-member. Don't know if it means I did not pass.

This is how it shows:

It has always said that. Just because we are not admitted to practice yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Wed May 16, 2018 1:04 pm

This is how it shows:

I highly doubt that would have changed already if you passed so don’t stress just yet

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Wed May 16, 2018 1:07 pm

This is how it shows:

Did you ever log into that portal before? I never had actually. Just the COA (blue and white) portal.

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Wed May 16, 2018 1:09 pm

This is how it shows:

Same for me :\

Krissynateylee

Bronze

Post by Krissynateylee » Wed May 16, 2018 1:09 pm

This is how it shows:

It's always been non-member for me ... I think until one is admitted they'll always be a 'non-member'

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Wed May 16, 2018 1:16 pm

This is how it shows:

My husbands showed as a non member even tho he passed VA. He had to fill out additional paperwork and then he was given a Bar #.

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Krissynateylee wrote:

This is how it shows:

It's always been non-member for me ... I think until one is admitted they'll always be a 'non-member'
Oh ok. I guess it's just a default account for anyone who has applied. I'd never really looked at that portal. Just the COA application page listing steps.

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Wed May 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Lol the “who’s online” shows 60+ people browsing this thread right now

UBEBarExamTaker9

New

Post by UBEBarExamTaker9 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm

timesnewboston wrote:Lol the “who’s online” shows 60+ people browsing this thread right now
Just imagine the spike in website views to that DC Courts page come 4 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

akumar26

New

Post by akumar26 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 pm

I also don't get why there is so much suspense surrounding the timing of release. I assume they have the pass/fail list prepared and have tallied against the results several times (or at least I hope that's already done...I don't even want to imagine them getting anything wrong because of the time crunch!). If it is just a matter of posting that piece of paper online, why can't they tell us a set time.

I hope "after" 4 pm doesn't mean like 8 or 9 pm.

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Wed May 16, 2018 2:41 pm

akumar26 wrote:I also don't get why there is so much suspense surrounding the timing of release. I assume they have the pass/fail list prepared and have tallied against the results several times (or at least I hope that's already done...I don't even want to imagine them getting anything wrong because of the time crunch!). If it is just a matter of posting that piece of paper online, why can't they tell us a set time.

I think they said after 4pm because

a) they don’t want people calling all day

b) gives them leeway if there are technical problems or some last second issue

ASMLAW

New

Post by ASMLAW » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

akumar26 wrote:I also don't get why there is so much suspense surrounding the timing of release. I assume they have the pass/fail list prepared and have tallied against the results several times (or at least I hope that's already done...I don't even want to imagine them getting anything wrong because of the time crunch!). If it is just a matter of posting that piece of paper online, why can't they tell us a set time.

Dido! Hopefully, it is now T-minus 1-hour

UBEBarExamTaker9

New

Post by UBEBarExamTaker9 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm

failure imminent ugh

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”