2018 February DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hanner22

New

Re: 2018 February DC Bar

Post by hanner22 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 am

50Cent wrote:Does anyone know when we get the ticket to sit for the DC bar? I registered mid-December and so far, all I received was an email confirming receipt of my exam application.

Also, the laptop registration is separate right?

I got an email from DCCA saying they received my application and it has been accepted for processing. Admission tickets and further information will be emailed to us two weeks before the exam.

No info on laptop registration though.

dcbartaker

New

Post by dcbartaker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Anyone have an idea of what a passing score on each essay would be? Should we be shooting for a 4/6 or 5/6,etc on essays? What about MPTs?
Last edited by dcbartaker on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Laptop registration info has been emailed!

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:52 pm

Has anyone received information on their admission ticket? I submitted my application on the last day possible and my application status is still pending for review.

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:23 pm

The February 2018 examination will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, February 27 and 29, 2018, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (801 Mt. Vernon Place, NW; Washington, DC 20001). Some applicants receiving special accommodations will take the examination at the Court of Appeals (430 E Street, NW; Washington, DC 20001).
woohooo looks like the mbe is an impossibility!! :lol:

p.s. https://www.slideshare.net/BarExamMind/ ... firmations

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

perplixityparanoia

New

Post by perplixityparanoia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:56 pm

dogzncatz wrote:
The February 2018 examination will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, February 27 and 29, 2018, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (801 Mt. Vernon Place, NW; Washington, DC 20001). Some applicants receiving special accommodations will take the examination at the Court of Appeals (430 E Street, NW; Washington, DC 20001).

p.s. https://www.slideshare.net/BarExamMind/ ... firmations
Classic DC Bar :lol:

dcbartaker

New

Post by dcbartaker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 pm

dogzncatz wrote:
How about this typo on the Application in the Examination Location just below where is actually gives the Examination Dates correctly...
Examination Location: Walter E. Washington Convention Center (801 Mt. Vernon Place NW; Washington, DC 20001). Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - MBE (multiple-choice). Some applicants receiving special accommodations will take the examination at the Court of Appeals (430 E Street, NW; Washington, DC 20001)

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:10 am

hopefully the essay graders maintain the same level of attention to detail when grading my black letter rules.... :roll:
Last edited by dogzncatz on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:23 am

And they could have been a little nicer when they sent us the wrong laptop registration date! Like ... "We apologize for the confusion" or something?!

I submitted 12/20. At least I finally got confirmation I can take the damn thing and this is all not actually for nothing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:11 pm

I haven't received any final confirmation beyond "your application was accepted for processing" and when I called today, they were rather snippy cutting me off and telling me to call back in a few days to get an update.

uttara87

New

Post by uttara87 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Has anyone received their admission ticket?

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Just received admission ticket today. The ticket contains the caveat "not valid unless all documents have been received by Feb. 23"

I have this terrible anxiety that I'm going to show up on test day and not be admitted to sit for the exam. And it seems to me the application website is down now. How do we check if they have all the requisite documents?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:55 pm

timesnewboston wrote:Just received admission ticket today. The ticket contains the caveat "not valid unless all documents have been received by Feb. 23"

I have this terrible anxiety that I'm going to show up on test day and not be admitted to sit for the exam. And it seems to me the application website is down now. How do we check if they have all the requisite documents?
When I log on to my application and check the progress, everything is checked green except the character & fitness. I also have a message below the progress bar that says "Congratulations! Your application has been reviewed and accepted. You are now approved to sit for the upcoming UBE Exam."

If you are seeing something different or don't see the message, I would call the committee and make sure that they received all the documents you need (MPRE score report, law school certification & certificate of good standing if applicable to you). If you do see it, you are good to go and I would not stress about it! We have enough shit to stress about at this point haha.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

uttara87

New

Post by uttara87 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Confirming I also have the "Congratulations! Your application has been reviewed and accepted. You are now approved to sit for the upcoming UBE Exam. " banner when I log in. Also got my admission ticket today.

Anyone else experience anxiety... and frustration with barbri!? I'm about to tear my hair out.

dcbartaker

New

Post by dcbartaker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Anybody here only taking one portion of the exam but still get the admissions tickets for all four sessions? :?:

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:27 pm

my references are getting email surveys.... need to check spam folders!

JDtoEsq

New

Post by JDtoEsq » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:35 pm

dcbartaker wrote:Anybody here only taking one portion of the exam but still get the admissions tickets for all four sessions? :?:
they said today in the email with the "new tickets" to disregard any tickets that don't apply to you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AntiHumanJr

New

Post by AntiHumanJr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Might be a dumb question, but earplugs won't be allowed during the exam?

And since we can't bring watches, there will be large clocks in the room to keep track of time right?

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:35 pm

AntiHumanJr wrote:Might be a dumb question, but earplugs won't be allowed during the exam?

And since we can't bring watches, there will be large clocks in the room to keep track of time right?

I read somewhere that they will provide you with earplugs. I assuming that it’ll be similar to the MPRE (since UBE and MPRE are both NCBE exams). At the MPRE they had a large clock at the front of the room.

perplixityparanoia

New

Post by perplixityparanoia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 pm

The admission ticket states no cell phone is allowed. And also no backpack is allowed.

I was wondering if people are keeping their cell phone in their car or if anyone is taking public transportation what’s your plan about cellphone?

If I have to carry a laptop, backpack is not allowed should I just carry the laptop and charger in my hand?

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:38 pm

perplixityparanoia wrote:The admission ticket states no cell phone is allowed. And also no backpack is allowed.

I was wondering if people are keeping their cell phone in their car or if anyone is taking public transportation what’s your plan about cellphone?

If I have to carry a laptop, backpack is not allowed should I just carry the laptop and charger in my hand?

I am flying into DC and staying at a nearby hotel. I plan on leaving my cell phone there and just walking to the convention center. It sucks because I rather Uber but can’t without a cell phone.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AntiHumanJr

New

Post by AntiHumanJr » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

perplixityparanoia wrote:The admission ticket states no cell phone is allowed. And also no backpack is allowed.

For the laptop, I'm just planning on carrying it by hand, and I'll wrap the cord around my arm or something.

Is the exam building was difficult to find? I remember reading a review by some guy who took the DC bar, and he said that the building that the bar examiners give you as the address spans five blocks.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:25 pm

AntiHumanJr wrote:

For the laptop, I'm just planning on carrying it by hand, and I'll wrap the cord around my arm or something.

Is the exam building was difficult to find? I remember reading a review by some guy who took the DC bar, and he said that the building that the bar examiners give you as the address spans five blocks.

The ticket said to enter on L street. It’s at the convention center. I am not from DC so I plan on walking to the convention center when I arrive tomorrow just so I know where I am going Tuesday morning.

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:48 pm

AntiHumanJr wrote:Might be a dumb question, but earplugs won't be allowed during the exam?

in the last paragraph on "testing environment" in the first email with admission tickets and instructions, it says we can use earplugs provided by them

dogzncatz

New

Post by dogzncatz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:54 pm

i am going to carry my stuff in a disposable plastic bag and throw it before i go in the testing center. Just so I don't like... drop my laptop on the street :roll:

anyone staying in comfort inn? i'm gonna walk over and figure out room/entrance this PM

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”