2018 February DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DanFielding

New

Re: 2018 February DC Bar

Post by DanFielding » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:20 am

katzinthebag wrote:I did not receive an email yesterday called this morning and was told they START emailing people the 20th but if I don't hear by Monday (the 25th) I should call back.
I hate them so much.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Anyone else still waiting for their email and status change?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:38 pm

DGPHMP wrote:Anyone else still waiting for their email and status change?
Yup.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Still nothing :cry:

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 pm

BellaSera1014 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
bruinwang wrote:Got my email this afternoon, and my application page has been updated.

I am still waiting on mine. Was this your first time taking the exam? It was my first time. I am just wondering what order they are doing them in?

It washy first time taking it as well, I received the e-mail around 3:14 yesterday. It had no content, just titled: "DCCA Office of Admissions: Certification Email."
You might want to check on the email content -- mine came with a fairly lengthy set of instructions on how to RSVP for the swearing in ceremony, paperwork to complete and bring to the ceremony, alternatives for taking the oath, and steps for registering with the DC Bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DanFielding

New

Post by DanFielding » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:52 am

Got nothin.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am

DanFielding wrote:Got nothin.
Same

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:36 pm

katzinthebag wrote:I did not receive an email yesterday called this morning and was told they START emailing people the 20th but if I don't hear by Monday (the 25th) I should call back.
Have you heard anything yet?

JDtoEsq

New

Post by JDtoEsq » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Im still waiting too! FWIW my last name is at the bottom of the alphabet so if they are doing it in order; that may be why.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:01 pm

JDtoEsq wrote:Im still waiting too! FWIW my last name is at the bottom of the alphabet so if they are doing it in order; that may be why.
My name is at the top and someone else on here starts with a w and he got his already. So don’t think it’s alphabetical this time.

JDtoEsq

New

Post by JDtoEsq » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:07 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
JDtoEsq wrote:Im still waiting too! FWIW my last name is at the bottom of the alphabet so if they are doing it in order; that may be why.
My name is at the top and someone else on here starts with a w and he got his already. So don’t think it’s alphabetical this time.

ahh ok, well who knows. There is no rationalizing the way they do things!

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Still waiting too. I’m gonna call them now though.

JDtoEsq

New

Post by JDtoEsq » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm

hanner22 wrote:Still waiting too. I’m gonna call them now though.
Post an update when you do.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:26 pm

I called and was told that there was no time frame of when I should expect the letter. I was also told that they are still processing C&F and haven’t updated all applications. :roll:

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:42 pm

hanner22 wrote:I called and was told that there was no time frame of when I should expect the letter. I was also told that they are still processing C&F and haven’t updated all applications. :roll:
No rush it’s not like we have a shit ton of student loans that need to be paid.

DanFielding

New

Post by DanFielding » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:59 am

Called this morning to check on the timeline for notifications and was told that if I do not hear by next Monday (July 2nd) to call back. However, she said they are still processing applications. :roll:

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 am

DanFielding wrote:Called this morning to check on the timeline for notifications and was told that if I do not hear by next Monday (July 2nd) to call back. However, she said they are still processing applications. :roll:

I don’t understand what is taking so long. It’s almost July.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:53 am

DGPHMP wrote:
DanFielding wrote:Called this morning to check on the timeline for notifications and was told that if I do not hear by next Monday (July 2nd) to call back. However, she said they are still processing applications. :roll:

I don’t understand what is taking so long. It’s almost July.
They told someone else last week to call back if they didn’t hear anything by today.

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:18 pm

I just called them and the lady I spoke with today was SO much nicer than the one I spoke with last time I called. I was told that they are still processing everything and are hoping to get all the emails sent by the end of this week. I asked if there was any issues with my C&F since on my online application still says pending report and she told me that as long as the NCBE website says that my C&F is "complete & sent" that I should receive my email by the end of the week. She told me to call back next Monday if I don't receive an email.

This whole process is sooo frustrating.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 pm

hanner22 wrote:I just called them and the lady I spoke with today was SO much nicer than the one I spoke with last time I called. I was told that they are still processing everything and are hoping to get all the emails sent by the end of this week. I asked if there was any issues with my C&F since on my online application still says pending report and she told me that as long as the NCBE website says that my C&F is "complete & sent" that I should receive my email by the end of the week. She told me to call back next Monday if I don't receive an email.

Rather than there being a problem with our C&f I think they’re just backed up because the results pdf says that they would notify you the week of the 18 if you are NOT being certified.

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:53 pm

HELP PLEASE!

Can you guys please explain to me the process for emailing in ones oath? (And I'm sorry for those who are still waiting on the Committee to finalize your C&Fs). I received an e-mail last week just saying my certification was finalized, the e-mail had no content so I went to their page for instructions/download the oath & supplemental questions. I scanned & e-mailed it the documents to the Committee.

I received this e-mail: "Pursuant to Rule 46(k), all applicants for admission to the practice of law and D.C. Bar must be approved by the Court. The ten day waiting period referenced in your certification email is necessary to allow for the Court to grant approval for your admission. Unfortunately by completing the oath before the end of the ten days, your oath is not valid. Please refer to your certification email and complete the oath and have your supplemental questionnaire notarized at the completion of the 10 day waiting period"

What 10 day waiting period? Obviously they failed to provide me information in the certification e-mail, and even after reading rule 46(k), I still don't know what the hell they are talking about...

Also, this is utter insanity. The entire reason I (and I'm sure many others) took the February bar was so we could actually apply/have a job shortly after graduation (I acquired an LL.M.) So much for that plan....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:26 pm

BellaSera1014 wrote:HELP PLEASE!

Can you guys please explain to me the process for emailing in ones oath? (And I'm sorry for those who are still waiting on the Committee to finalize your C&Fs). I received an e-mail last week just saying my certification was finalized, the e-mail had no content so I went to their page for instructions/download the oath & supplemental questions. I scanned & e-mailed it the documents to the Committee.

I received this e-mail: "Pursuant to Rule 46(k), all applicants for admission to the practice of law and D.C. Bar must be approved by the Court. The ten day waiting period referenced in your certification email is necessary to allow for the Court to grant approval for your admission. Unfortunately by completing the oath before the end of the ten days, your oath is not valid. Please refer to your certification email and complete the oath and have your supplemental questionnaire notarized at the completion of the 10 day waiting period"

What 10 day waiting period? Obviously they failed to provide me information in the certification e-mail, and even after reading rule 46(k), I still don't know what the hell they are talking about...

Also, this is utter insanity. The entire reason I (and I'm sure many others) took the February bar was so we could actually apply/have a job shortly after graduation (I acquired an LL.M.) So much for that plan....
I would reply to the original certification email the one that was blank and ask. Since the email was blank it may have just been an automated system generated email when they went into your account. Someone else on here got their certification email and he said it was very detailed with complete instructions. It’s odd that yours was blank.

UBE4ME

New

Post by UBE4ME » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:56 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:I just called them and the lady I spoke with today was SO much nicer than the one I spoke with last time I called. I was told that they are still processing everything and are hoping to get all the emails sent by the end of this week. I asked if there was any issues with my C&F since on my online application still says pending report and she told me that as long as the NCBE website says that my C&F is "complete & sent" that I should receive my email by the end of the week. She told me to call back next Monday if I don't receive an email.

Rather than there being a problem with our C&f I think they’re just backed up because the results pdf says that they would notify you the week of the 18 if you are NOT being certified.
Are you positive that means if we haven't heard from them by this point that we should expect no issues with C&F? Seems to be conflicting information out there. Has anyone on here had them reach out last week with negative results?

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:05 pm

UBE4ME wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:

Are you positive that means if we haven't heard from them by this point that we should expect no issues with C&F? Seems to be conflicting information out there. Has anyone on here had them reach out last week with negative results?
I am not positive but you’re right there is conflicting info. The results noticed says if you’re not going to be certified you will be notified the week of the 18, otherwise you can swear in at the ceremony or in abstentia. The email with our scores said if we’ve met all requirements we will receive an email after the 18 with instructions. It’s complicated.

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:56 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:HELP PLEASE!

I would reply to the original certification email the one that was blank and ask. Since the email was blank it may have just been an automated system generated email when they went into your account. Someone else on here got their certification email and he said it was very detailed with complete instructions. It’s odd that yours was blank.
That's correct, the body of the certification email specifically notes that scanning and emailing the oath and supplemental questions is an "alternative method" that can only be completed "as of ten days from your certification," which is marked as 6/20/18, the day I got the email.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”