Studicata vs MEE One Sheets (JD Advising) vs Lean Sheets Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
verejacob

New

Studicata vs MEE One Sheets (JD Advising) vs Lean Sheets

Post by verejacob » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi TLS users

I'll be retaking the Feb 2018 exam and want to improve on MEE and MPT.

For MEE, which tool/resource did you use and found very helpful in understanding the legal rules easily and remembering, and applying them - Studicata, MEE One Sheets (JD Advising) or Lean Sheets? If you've used more than one of these, it'll be great if you can share your experience re. pros and cons of each.

I am a visual learner and do best in remembering the law with help of hypos or illustrations. If there are any other tools/resources you highly recommend, please let me know. Thanks in advance. :D :D :D

okaygo

Silver

Re: Studicata vs MEE One Sheets (JD Advising) vs Lean Sheets

Post by okaygo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:29 am

I definitely recommend the One Sheets. I scored 160+ on the writing portion of the exam by almost entirely relying in the One Sheets. All I did was write the rule statements over and over (and over again) until they were cemented into my brain. I would also say them out loud to a friend and have them correct me on the statements in my downtime. The last three weeks of the exam I consistently drilled essay questions from Barbri. Then, a few days before the exam I focused primarily on the topics that were predicted.

S0M21L

New

Post by S0M21L » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:37 pm

okaygo wrote:I definitely recommend the One Sheets. I scored 160+ on the writing portion of the exam by almost entirely relying in the One Sheets. All I did was write the rule statements over and over (and over again) until they were cemented into my brain. I would also say them out loud to a friend and have them correct me on the statements in my downtime. The last three weeks of the exam I consistently drilled essay questions from Barbri. Then, a few days before the exam I focused primarily on the topics that were predicted.
A discount code for $15 off of the price of the "MEE One-Sheets" is posted above under the topic, "Discount Codes for Bar Prep Materials"

jacketyellow

Bronze

Post by jacketyellow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:28 pm

I used Lean Sheets, which are primarily the same as the One Sheets. I did the same thing as a poster mentioned above: wrote and re-wrote all the commonly tested rules over and over again until I could write them without having to look at any references. I passed the bar exam on my first try.

verejacob

New

Post by verejacob » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:25 am

okaygo wrote:I definitely recommend the One Sheets. I scored 160+ on the writing portion of the exam by almost entirely relying in the One Sheets. All I did was write the rule statements over and over (and over again) until they were cemented into my brain. I would also say them out loud to a friend and have them correct me on the statements in my downtime. The last three weeks of the exam I consistently drilled essay questions from Barbri. Then, a few days before the exam I focused primarily on the topics that were predicted.
Thanks for the advise! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”