Feb 2018 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
GoWM

New

Re: Feb 2018 Texas Bar Exam

Post by GoWM » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 pm

dtjustice wrote:
Trying2makeit wrote:I’m probably looking too much into this but I am a 3rd time bar taker. Received an email back on the 12th stating that I still need to take my MPRE In order to participate in the swearing in ceremony. Usually I would not read into this email BUT I’ve taken this test twice before and have NEVER received this email. I’m taking this as a good sign I guess. Hopefully third time is a charm :D

We've been analyzing that letter to death in the whatsapp study group.....I just took the bar for the 4th time (over a span of 20 years)....I don't remember the first two but I didn't get that letter last year and I had not passed the MPRE at that point either. I haven't found anyone who has NOT received that letter who didn't have their MPRE done for this time.

Good Luck! I just need the wait to be over....this is the first time I've taken it where I actually prepared for the exam....Life gets in the way when you have to pay 6 months in advance.
I'm also a retaker that took the Feb 18 exam. I received the letter about sending in the MPRE score but have never received the MPRE letter in previous exam attempts. I did just get a passing score on the MPRE so hopefully they do receive the new score. Any consensus on the letter? Any thoughts on whether its been sent to all takers who didn't pass the MPRE?

Trying2makeit

New

Post by Trying2makeit » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:45 pm

dtjustice wrote:
Trying2makeit wrote:I’m probably looking too much into this but I am a 3rd time bar taker. Received an email back on the 12th stating that I still need to take my MPRE In order to participate in the swearing in ceremony. Usually I would not read into this email BUT I’ve taken this test twice before and have NEVER received this email. I’m taking this as a good sign I guess. Hopefully third time is a charm :D

We've been analyzing that letter to death in the whatsapp study group.....I just took the bar for the 4th time (over a span of 20 years)....I don't remember the first two but I didn't get that letter last year and I had not passed the MPRE at that point either. I haven't found anyone who has NOT received that letter who didn't have their MPRE done for this time.

Good Luck! I just need the wait to be over....this is the first time I've taken it where I actually prepared for the exam....Life gets in the way when you have to pay 6 months in advance.
Good to know. Thank you dtjustice! Good luck to you as well!

audreyce

New

Post by audreyce » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 am

dtjustice wrote:Since Justice Willett changed positions, any idea if there's a replacement for updating us on Twitter as to results being posted?
For July 2017, it was Justice Brown who notified via twitter results were coming out the day of.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 pm

audreyce wrote:
dtjustice wrote:Since Justice Willett changed positions, any idea if there's a replacement for updating us on Twitter as to results being posted?
For July 2017, it was Justice Brown who notified via twitter results were coming out the day of.
Thanks!

OutOfStater

New

Post by OutOfStater » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:29 am

Any word on when we will get results back?

I know last Feb they got their results Friday Night around this time (a week earlier then posted)
And this past July they got the results on Thursday (a week and a day before the posted time)

All that being said does anybody have a clue??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OutOfStater

New

Post by OutOfStater » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:33 am

Any word on when we will get results back?

I know last Feb they got their results Friday Night around this time (a week earlier then posted)
And this past July they got the results on Thursday (a week and a day before the posted time)

All that being said does anybody have a clue??

post24

New

Post by post24 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:39 pm

The November results were released a day early. It was estimated they would be released Nov. 3rd and were released on the 2nd. As for last February, the results were released four days early. I doubt we will be getting them at the end of this week. If anything, we may get them early next week. Here's to hoping!

Trying2makeit

New

Post by Trying2makeit » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 pm

I took both feb 17 and July 17, they only posted the business day before the stated date on the official instructions. My guess is we will not get scores until May 3rd at the earliest since the posted release date is May 4th

Trying2makeit

New

Post by Trying2makeit » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:16 am

GoWM wrote:
dtjustice wrote:

I'm also a retaker that took the Feb 18 exam. I received the letter about sending in the MPRE score but have never received the MPRE letter in previous exam attempts. I did just get a passing score on the MPRE so hopefully they do receive the new score. Any consensus on the letter? Any thoughts on whether its been sent to all takers who didn't pass the MPRE?
I don’t think the letter means anything is the consensus per dtjustice previous response to me original post.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

charlieMF

New

Post by charlieMF » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Does anyone have any premonitions about if tomorrow is the day? I remember reading that they were released on the 29th last year and the 1st the year before. I know there has been feedback that it’ll be the business day before, but I can’t help hoping to be put out of my misery tomorrow.

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:58 pm

I think we'll know Thursday. They're usually released one day early and the anticipated release date is Friday. I hate waiting when I feel like every other state knows. Blahhhhhhh.

tryingtobealawyer

New

Post by tryingtobealawyer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm

how is everyone? are you all ok? :x

charlieMF

New

Post by charlieMF » Tue May 01, 2018 10:54 am

Justice Brown just tweeted that he’s going to try to give us a heads up again this time. Here’s hoping it’s sooner rather than later.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 pm

I'm not handling the wait well at all!!!!!

hijklmno

New

Post by hijklmno » Wed May 02, 2018 10:10 am

Any hope for today? I need to know whether or not to book a hotel in Austin!

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Wed May 02, 2018 3:21 pm

hijklmno wrote:Any hope for today? I need to know whether or not to book a hotel in Austin!
It might be possible, but Thursday or Friday seems more likely. From looking at the 2017 thread it looks the the BLE released the results rather late at 4pm. So it's possible the results could be released later today. I'd keep an eye on Justice Brown's twitter feed as he said he'd fill us in before the results dropped.

Trying2makeit

New

Post by Trying2makeit » Wed May 02, 2018 4:36 pm

I really don’t think results are going to be out today guys. This is my third time at the rodeo, it’s traditionally a day early but not this early. I would bet money on tomorrow afternoon. Try your best to get some rest tonight...there’s nothing we can do now...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yasujiro

New

Post by yasujiro » Wed May 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Justice Brown just tweeted that results are coming out in the morning. :shock:

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Wed May 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Hope all the hard work everyone on here put in pays off and we all pass. God Bless and Good Luck!

GoWM

New

Post by GoWM » Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Looks like the new attorney login site is up now. When i try to login it says: "No records were found with the login information provided. It can take one to two days to update our system once the Board of Law Examiners results are released."

Good luck to everyone!

merichard87

Silver

Post by merichard87 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Good Luck to all the folks getting results tomorrow. I'm thankful that I joined the one and done club but several friends of mine weren't so lucky. Remember that it's only a test and not an indictment of your worthiness as a person or as a legal advocate. Shit happens and life presses on. I'm sending you all good energy and hope the pass rate is 100% for the first time in history. Manage your stress and win or lose don't let this one thing screw with your mental health. Good vibes and passing scores for everyone!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hijklmno

New

Post by hijklmno » Wed May 02, 2018 10:52 pm

GoWM wrote:Looks like the new attorney login site is up now. When i try to login it says: "No records were found with the login information provided. It can take one to two days to update our system once the Board of Law Examiners results are released."

Good luck to everyone!
What is the new attorney login site?

brazilian1985

New

Post by brazilian1985 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 pm

hijklmno wrote:
GoWM wrote:Looks like the new attorney login site is up now. When i try to login it says: "No records were found with the login information provided. It can take one to two days to update our system once the Board of Law Examiners results are released."

Good luck to everyone!
What is the new attorney login site?

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cf ... ginAlt.cfm

But no worries because they won't start uploading info until after results are released so the fact that your name doesn't pop up doesn't mean anything.

hijklmno

New

Post by hijklmno » Thu May 03, 2018 8:36 am

What does "early tomorrow morning" mean?? C'mon BLE.

hijklmno

New

Post by hijklmno » Thu May 03, 2018 8:43 am

Got my result! Never again.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”