Feb 2018 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
MBernard

Re: Feb 2018 Texas Bar Exam

Post by MBernard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:45 am

hijklmno wrote:
MBernard wrote:
hijklmno wrote:Anyone else still awake and cramming? It's not the smartest thing, but I got through law school with a lot of last hour hail mary-ing and it worked generally well for my last bar exam.
Yep, just for the Crim/Civ part. Seem to get 3 wrong per section, not sure what a good average for that part of the test would be. Definitely a weak spot for me.
Are you using the BLE's model answers? Or a bar prep's answers? Three's not bad. From my stalking of prior bar threads, it looks like people are happy to get 5 wrong.
I’ve looked over the recent years on the BLE site and I’ve went to year 2011 using Barbri model answers...not sure how far I should go back.

Is that 5 wrong per section? So like 15/20 for CIV and 15/20 for CRIM? If so that’s a confidence booster, memorizing all the timing requirements is terrible : /

hijklmno

New

Post by hijklmno » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 am

MBernard wrote:
hijklmno wrote:
MBernard wrote:
hijklmno wrote:Anyone else still awake and cramming? It's not the smartest thing, but I got through law school with a lot of last hour hail mary-ing and it worked generally well for my last bar exam.
Yep, just for the Crim/Civ part. Seem to get 3 wrong per section, not sure what a good average for that part of the test would be. Definitely a weak spot for me.
Are you using the BLE's model answers? Or a bar prep's answers? Three's not bad. From my stalking of prior bar threads, it looks like people are happy to get 5 wrong.
I’ve looked over the recent years on the BLE site and I’ve went to year 2011 using Barbri model answers...not sure how far I should go back.

Is that 5 wrong per section? So like 15/20 for CIV and 15/20 for CRIM? If so that’s a confidence booster, memorizing all the timing requirements is terrible : /
That's the impression I got, and I am desperately clinging to it. Somehow I don't think the BLE will like my back-up planned "within a reasonable time of receiving notice" answers. :D

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:46 am

hijklmno wrote: That's the impression I got, and I am desperately clinging to it. Somehow I don't think the BLE will like my back-up planned "within a reasonable time of receiving notice" answers. :D
Lmao so true. Thanks man, you’ve restored my hope.

hijklmno

New

Post by hijklmno » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:24 pm

Aaaaaaand now it is time to rest and let the adrenaline wear off before attempting to learn the essay subjects. I hope you all feel at peace with this morning's work.

hijklmno

New

Post by hijklmno » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 pm

Any final guesses about essay topics other than Guardianships? Themis didn't predict them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:56 pm

hijklmno wrote:Any final guesses about essay topics other than Guardianships? Themis didn't predict them.
Nah, no clue man. Hoping it’s just the usual stuff though lol, my mind is so burn out.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Super excited that's over! The WhatsApp will continue to stay Ann's support July takers so feel free to join. Just let me know your name and phone number.

Debbie
325-267-1160

hijklmno

New

Post by hijklmno » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:38 pm

My character and fitness status says Approved. I don't know when that popped up, but I am assuming the only thing left is actually having passed the bar.

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:07 pm

hijklmno wrote:My character and fitness status says Approved. I don't know when that popped up, but I am assuming the only thing left is actually having passed the bar.
Yep, just got to play the waiting game now. I think the results will be posted near the end of April.

On a sidenote, it’s funny how all the Barbri predictions turned out to be wrong (to the best of my knowledge). Three trust exams in a row, go figure lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 pm

hijklmno wrote:My character and fitness status says Approved. I don't know when that popped up, but I am assuming the only thing left is actually having passed the bar.
Question about that. I'm applying for July. I was not timely, applied about a week into first late period. For the first week, my ATLAS page had Character and Fitness status but nothing actually listed. Then that whole line has disappeared and just says they received my application on Feb 10. What kind of notifications should be appearing as it gets closer to July?

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Wanted to ask if anyone here knew generally when the BLE will post model answers for the Feb essay questions? Thanks!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 am

Rynn wrote:Hi Dtjustice. I would like to be added to the app. Have you created it yet?
Yes...it's ongoing, just shoot me a text and I'll add you...(325) 267-1160

leib10

Bronze

Post by leib10 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 am

MBernard wrote:Wanted to ask if anyone here knew generally when the BLE will post model answers for the Feb essay questions? Thanks!
Give it a couple months.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Is there someone that COMPLETELY understands the grading that could explain it as if I'm a 10 year old? Pleeease!!

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:07 pm

dtjustice wrote:Is there someone that COMPLETELY understands the grading that could explain it as if I'm a 10 year old? Pleeease!!
I’ve looked at some of the older TBX threads and I was able to find a complete explaination of the grading system for the exam.

Look at Bvest’s post on page 13 of the Feb 2017 TBX thread it explains the grading system in its entirety and should clear up any confusion. (Link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=300).

Hope this helps.

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:35 pm

Do you think scores will be released this week or next? I looked on my admission ticket and don't see a grade release date. I know the FAQ says first week of May.

ryantw

New

Post by ryantw » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:49 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:Do you think scores will be released this week or next? I looked on my admission ticket and don't see a grade release date. I know the FAQ says first week of May.
The BLE's general instructions indicate May 4th. https://ble.texas.gov/bar-exam-general-instructions

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Results will likely post this Friday afternoon. Last year was the last Friday of April about 4:45pm.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:54 pm

MBernard wrote:
dtjustice wrote:Is there someone that COMPLETELY understands the grading that could explain it as if I'm a 10 year old? Pleeease!!
I’ve looked at some of the older TBX threads and I was able to find a complete explaination of the grading system for the exam.

Look at Bvest’s post on page 13 of the Feb 2017 TBX thread it explains the grading system in its entirety and should clear up any confusion. (Link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=300).

Hope this helps.

Thanks... I'll take a look!!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:08 am

Since Justice Willett changed positions, any idea if there's a replacement for updating us on Twitter as to results being posted?

ryantw

New

Post by ryantw » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:55 pm

dtjustice wrote:Results will likely post this Friday afternoon. Last year was the last Friday of April about 4:45pm.
Next week is far more realistic. Last year the BLE anticipated releasing the results on Monday, May 1st, and they were released on Saturday, April 29th. This year they anticipate releasing them on May 4th; a week early would be pretty unusual.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Trying2makeit

New

Post by Trying2makeit » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:16 pm

I’m probably looking too much into this but I am a 3rd time bar taker. Received an email back on the 12th stating that I still need to take my MPRE In order to participate in the swearing in ceremony. Usually I would not read into this email BUT I’ve taken this test twice before and have NEVER received this email. I’m taking this as a good sign I guess. Hopefully third time is a charm :D

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:11 pm

ryantw wrote: Next week is far more realistic. Last year the BLE anticipated releasing the results on Monday, May 1st, and they were released on Saturday, April 29th. This year they anticipate releasing them on May 4th; a week early would be pretty unusual.
Darn, for better or worse I’m definitely ready to see the results. Thanks for the clarification man.

Also, good luck to Trying2makeit! This was first attempt at the TBX and it was way more exhausting than I anticipated. Not a fan of the three day format. I was burnt out by the third day and I know I made mistakes on some of the essays.

Trying2makeit

New

Post by Trying2makeit » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:32 pm

MBernard wrote:
ryantw wrote: Next week is far more realistic. Last year the BLE anticipated releasing the results on Monday, May 1st, and they were released on Saturday, April 29th. This year they anticipate releasing them on May 4th; a week early would be pretty unusual.
Darn, for better or worse I’m definitely ready to see the results. Thanks for the clarification man.

Also, good luck to Trying2makeit! This was first attempt at the TBX and it was way more exhausting than I anticipated. Not a fan of the three day format. I was burnt out by the third day and I know I made mistakes on some of the essays.
Thank you friend! Good luck to you as well!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Trying2makeit wrote:I’m probably looking too much into this but I am a 3rd time bar taker. Received an email back on the 12th stating that I still need to take my MPRE In order to participate in the swearing in ceremony. Usually I would not read into this email BUT I’ve taken this test twice before and have NEVER received this email. I’m taking this as a good sign I guess. Hopefully third time is a charm :D

We've been analyzing that letter to death in the whatsapp study group.....I just took the bar for the 4th time (over a span of 20 years)....I don't remember the first two but I didn't get that letter last year and I had not passed the MPRE at that point either. I haven't found anyone who has NOT received that letter who didn't have their MPRE done for this time.

Good Luck! I just need the wait to be over....this is the first time I've taken it where I actually prepared for the exam....Life gets in the way when you have to pay 6 months in advance.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”