UBE state for faster transfer processing? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
drive

New

UBE state for faster transfer processing?

Post by drive » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:16 am

It takes forever to get sworn in New York and I need to be licensed in any jurisdiction as soon as the NY bar result comes out.

Does anyone know which UBE jurisdiction is fast until I get sworn in? Missouri? New Jersey?

maxmartin

Silver

Re: UBE state for faster transfer processing?

Post by maxmartin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:12 pm

drive wrote:It takes forever to get sworn in New York and I need to be licensed in any jurisdiction as soon as the NY bar result comes out.

Does anyone know which UBE jurisdiction is fast until I get sworn in? Missouri? New Jersey?
WA is super fast everything is done online and no fingerprint needed.

drive

New

Post by drive » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:38 pm

maxmartin wrote:
drive wrote:It takes forever to get sworn in New York and I need to be licensed in any jurisdiction as soon as the NY bar result comes out.

Super thanks for your response.
Do you remember approximately how long it took in Washington? Within a month?

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:40 pm

drive wrote:
maxmartin wrote:

Super thanks for your response.
Do you remember approximately how long it took in Washington? Within a month?
My friend did this, I think the pace is determined by the CF which is done by NCBE. He might have a super clean CF sheet, I think he got his done around 45 days.

zephyr12

New

Post by zephyr12 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:39 pm

I am currently going through the process of getting licensed in WA and NY at the same time (sat for the UBE in WA) and a word of caution about WA: it's true the state is super fast - I had friends who sat for the July bar who were sworn in in late September and got their bar numbers no more than a week later - but if you're out of state like me and can't get back to WA for swearing in, it's going to take longer. I had to provide a reason why I needed to do the swearing in ceremony in NY and wait for an order from the Clerk of the State Supreme Court which I finally got earlier this week. I got sworn in today, but now I have to mail the oath of attorney that my judge signed back to the WSBA which then forwards it on to the Supreme Court so I'm not expecting my bar number until the end of the month at the earliest.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:41 pm

zephyr12 wrote:I am currently going through the process of getting licensed in WA and NY at the same time (sat for the UBE in WA) and a word of caution about WA: it's true the state is super fast - I had friends who sat for the July bar who were sworn in in late September and got their bar numbers no more than a week later - but if you're out of state like me and can't get back to WA for swearing in, it's going to take longer. I had to provide a reason why I needed to do the swearing in ceremony in NY and wait for an order from the Clerk of the State Supreme Court which I finally got earlier this week. I got sworn in today, but now I have to mail the oath of attorney that my judge signed back to the WSBA which then forwards it on to the Supreme Court so I'm not expecting my bar number until the end of the month at the earliest.
Yep, but you don't really need to go to the official ceremony. Any WA judge can do it, my friend set up a time with the clerk, he flew into SEA in the morning and flew out in the afternoon. A few days later, he got his bar No.
If you want to swear in out of WA, that will take much longer. I believe that is the case for any other jurisdictions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”