July 2017 UBE Bar Exam Essays Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jmatt691

New

July 2017 UBE Bar Exam Essays

Post by jmatt691 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Hello All-

Just wanted to get your feedback regarding the MEE section of the July 2017 Bar Exam. If you have already received your results, I would love to hear your feedback regarding this discussion. If not, I would love to hear from those that had similar experiences.

In taking the MEE section of the exam, I was not shocked by any of the topics. In fact, I knew all of the law for every question and felt very prepared. However, the area I did struggle with was completing the questions that 4+ subparts (I am not the fastest writer). That said, prior to the start of the exam I committed to only working for 30min on each of the MEE's, and moving on as soon as that time hit. All in all, I feel very confident with what I wrote, but know that I did not get the the last portion of the question on at least 2 of the 6 MEEs.

Based on the above (again either from those who have received results or those who are still waiting), how bad do you think this will hurt my essay scores? Am I panicking for no reason?

DogDay90

New

Re: July 2017 UBE Bar Exam Essays

Post by DogDay90 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 pm

You are panicking for no reason. I didn't write a single word on one MEE essay, got to about half of another one, and left about 2/3 of an MPT essay blank and passed comfortably.

thinkingoutloud3015

New

Post by thinkingoutloud3015 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:10 pm

DogDay90 wrote:You are panicking for no reason. I didn't write a single word on one MEE essay, got to about half of another one, and left about 2/3 of an MPT essay blank and passed comfortably.
Sorry for the clarification question. When you said pass comfortably, was that in reference to the MEE/MPT section?

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:20 pm

thinkingoutloud3015 wrote:
DogDay90 wrote:You are panicking for no reason. I didn't write a single word on one MEE essay, got to about half of another one, and left about 2/3 of an MPT essay blank and passed comfortably.
Sorry for the clarification question. When you said pass comfortably, was that in reference to the MEE/MPT section?
I was talking about the UBE overall, but I still scored a scaled 150 on the essay half of the exam, which would have allowed me to pass in Oregon with a scaled MBE of just 124.

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:17 pm

the exam questions are all a blur to me now, but I do remember the exam essays were a little easier than in previous year exams

rom10

New

Post by rom10 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:50 pm

But that means the curve is harder, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”