Appeal Bar Results/Regrade essay-FL Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mystikal

New

Appeal Bar Results/Regrade essay-FL

Post by mystikal » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:32 am

So, I received my results for the Florida Bar Examination...sadly I Failed, by 7 points.
I am mind boggled because essay 1 was much higher than essay 3. I brought back my testing material (for the essay) with all of my notes, and know for sure I nailed the commercial and secured transactions essay. However, my score seems like I completely bombed it. I was thinking about having the exam re-graded. Has anyone in this jurisdiction or any other challenge the board? Appeal?
Thanks for any input.

ThisMan

New

Re: Appeal Bar Results/Regrade essay-FL

Post by ThisMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 am

Bummer, man. The website says that the FL portion of the exam can be verified by handscore at no additional cost so you don't have anything to lose by giving it a shot. It's pretty unlikely your score will change but it's not impossible.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:00 am

Agreed with the first response. The chances are very unlikely that the result will change (even when students miss by a point, Florida is very reluctant to modify the end result) but it might very well provide peace of mind moving forward towards February.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Canes88

New

Post by Canes88 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 am

I googled it, and there are definitely people who have tried it in the past. When you're that close I can't see why it wouldn't be worth it to try. Can't hurt. Did they send you the averages for the multiple choice and essay? Good luck!!

Flo2017bartkr

New

Post by Flo2017bartkr » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:54 pm

mystikal wrote:So, I received my results for the Florida Bar Examination...sadly I Failed, by 7 points.
I am mind boggled because essay 1 was much higher than essay 3. I brought back my testing material (for the essay) with all of my notes, and know for sure I nailed the commercial and secured transactions essay. However, my score seems like I completely bombed it. I was thinking about having the exam re-graded. Has anyone in this jurisdiction or any other challenge the board? Appeal?
Thanks for any input.
When they are close, failed only by a few points, they are automatically re-tested prior to sending them to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mystikal

New

Post by mystikal » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks for the input. I've decided or plan to have it rescored, by written request. Also, plan on ordering the essay and review.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:54 pm

mystikal wrote:Thanks for the input. I've decided or plan to have it rescored, by written request. Also, plan on ordering the essay and review.
Best of luck.

cojo2020

New

Post by cojo2020 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 am

I had a 134 and asked for a regrade but they said they found no error. I hope yours goes through though!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:06 pm

cojo2020 wrote:I had a 134 and asked for a regrade but they said they found no error. I hope yours goes through though!
Wow 134 that's harsh.

Did you also ask for a hand score of your MBE?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 pm

mystikal wrote:So, I received my results for the Florida Bar Examination...sadly I Failed, by 7 points.
Thanks for any input.
Article 9 is a finnicky creature and there are so many foundation checkpoints to establish a foundation before you go to the heart of the issue.

I passed but I'm really interested and thinking about laying out the cash for their analysis of the professional responsibility issue.

Cati

New

Post by Cati » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 pm

I scored a 133 on the FL portion and I was curious about the appeals process too.

How do you request it?

And is it just for the FL portion of the MBE portion too?

Thank you

Cati

New

I scored a 133 on the FL portion and I was curious about the appeals process too.

How do you request it?

Thank you

Cati

New

How do you request it?

Thank you

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cati

New

How do you request it?

Thank you

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:
I passed but I'm really interested and thinking about laying out the cash for their analysis of the professional responsibility issue.
You mean July 2017? https://www.floridabarexam.org/__85257b ... 4e00736741

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”