Oregon bar results Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jimmorrisonlvr

New

Oregon bar results

Post by jimmorrisonlvr » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:46 am

I'm waiting anxiously for Friday at 2pm, but my employers/references have just started getting those checklist forms the bar sends out re character and fitness. Anyone else in the same phase? Wondering if it's a good sign, bad sign, or no sign at all.

DogDay90

New

Re: Oregon bar results

Post by DogDay90 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Does Oregon ever give out any sort of total score or breakdown for passers? Just curious.

jimmorrisonlvr

New

Post by jimmorrisonlvr » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:58 pm

DogDay90 wrote:Does Oregon ever give out any sort of total score or breakdown for passers? Just curious.
I'm wondering the same thing. I got a letter today saying I passed character and fitness and detailing the swearing in ceremony, but there was no break down.

squiggle

Bronze

Post by squiggle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:11 am

I am considering taking the Oregon bar exam in February 2018. I'll be transferring my score to another state, so I hope they release individuals scores.

Just a few quick questions for those who took the July UBE in Oregon: Where was the exam held? Do you guys have any complaints about the application process or exam? Anything else I should keep in mind? Any input is appreciated! Thanks.

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 am

I figured out that you can request your score through the NCBE for $25 (ridiculous, I know). If you want to use your score in another jurisdiction, you'd have to go through the NCBE. They give you your scaled essay and MBE scores, as well as your overall UBE score. The July exam was held at the expo center out near the airport. I think February is somewhere else (it should say on the Oregon Bar website).

The whole process was unpleasant, though I doubt any more so than in other states. I hated how rigid the exam administration was (e.g., reading from the same script after every break) and how depressing the testing "room" was (it was basically a half-empty airplane hanger). Otherwise, I'd just say to relax. I literally failed to answer an entire MEE essay (zero words), half of another MEE essay, and 2/3 of an MPT essay (serious timing issues), but still passed by 45 points. So it's very doable.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

squiggle

Bronze

Post by squiggle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 pm

DogDay90 wrote:I figured out that you can request your score through the NCBE for $25 (ridiculous, I know). If you want to use your score in another jurisdiction, you'd have to go through the NCBE. They give you your scaled essay and MBE scores, as well as your overall UBE score. The July exam was held at the expo center out near the airport. I think February is somewhere else (it should say on the Oregon Bar website).

The whole process was unpleasant, though I doubt any more so than in other states. I hated how rigid the exam administration was (e.g., reading from the same script after every break) and how depressing the testing "room" was (it was basically a half-empty airplane hanger). Otherwise, I'd just say to relax. I literally failed to answer an entire MEE essay (zero words), half of another MEE essay, and 2/3 of an MPT essay (serious timing issues), but still passed by 45 points. So it's very doable.
Thanks for the info! I wish they'd just give the overall score initially like other states, especially now that transferring scores is becoming more common.

From what I've heard, it seems like Oregon is on the lenient side when it comes to grading, which makes me feel better. I recently took it in a state that had pretty ridiculous grading. When you say you passed by 45 points, do you mean you scored over 300 on the UBE?

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:28 pm

squiggle wrote:
DogDay90 wrote:I figured out that you can request your score through the NCBE for $25 (ridiculous, I know). If you want to use your score in another jurisdiction, you'd have to go through the NCBE. They give you your scaled essay and MBE scores, as well as your overall UBE score. The July exam was held at the expo center out near the airport. I think February is somewhere else (it should say on the Oregon Bar website).

Thanks for the info! I wish they'd just give the overall score initially like other states, especially now that transferring scores is becoming more common.

From what I've heard, it seems like Oregon is on the lenient side when it comes to grading, which makes me feel better. I recently took it in a state that had pretty ridiculous grading. When you say you passed by 45 points, do you mean you scored over 300 on the UBE?
Yes--a scaled score of 150 on the essays and 170 on the MBE for a total of 320.

squiggle

Bronze

Post by squiggle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:41 pm

DogDay90 wrote:
squiggle wrote:

That's so impressive! You crushed the MBE. What's your secret?

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:43 am

squiggle wrote:
DogDay90 wrote:
squiggle wrote:

That's so impressive! You crushed the MBE. What's your secret?
Ha. No secret. I studied hard, put a lot of energy into memorizing the rules, and balanced it all out with some practice. My only advice would be not to make the same mistake twice--find the rules you missed in practice sets, write them out on the bottom of your answer sheet, and then keep looking back over those hand-written rule statements until you stop missing those types of questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”