California Bar Prep Courses? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lemaster2017

New

California Bar Prep Courses?

Post by lemaster2017 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Can anyone please share their opinions or recommendations for California Bar Prep courses? I graduated in May and will be taking the Bar in February 2018 and am having a really difficult time choosing a course. I have heard good things about Themis, but it is a bit expensive for my budget. What are your experiences with cheaper companies like Ameribar or AdaptiBar?

eyalaharonov

New

Re: California Bar Prep Courses?

Post by eyalaharonov » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi, @lemaster2017.

I am a Bar Exam tutor (I took BarBri when I prepped) and have helped nearly a thousand students pass the exam at a rate of 98%. You ask an important question and it's critical that you ask yourself what type of learner you are.

At the end of the day, most commercial courses bombard you with tedious tasks or an endless supply of substantive law in order to assist you. In actuality, having felt it myself and hearing it constantly, you aren't actually preparing for the Exam itself.

I probably can't convince you to ditch the notion of taking a commercial prep course (it's seen as pretty much an essential part of the rite of passage), but I will suggest that the fewer sources of material you refer to, the better. Focus instead on actually practicing, rather than staring at outlines or clicking through sample MBEs.

Would be happy to discuss at length. Good luck!

Eyal

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”