July 2017 NY Bar Exam Results Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hockeyman969

Bronze

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Exam Results

Post by hockeyman969 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:53 am

L_William_W wrote:Could the mods delete this thread so I can retain the little bit of dignity that I have left?
No, but I'm sure they'll nominate you for a Darwin Award. You really need to choose better hotels, it's obvious you didn't stay at a holiday inn express the other night. Lol.

anonymousanon

New

Post by anonymousanon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:12 am

Wondering if I am supposed to begin the character and fitness stuff now as per the email or if people normally hold off until results come out?

runthetrap1990

Bronze

Post by runthetrap1990 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:24 am

anonymousanon wrote:Wondering if I am supposed to begin the character and fitness stuff now as per the email or if people normally hold off until results come out?
Same. Especially wondering when I should be getting my employer and good character affidavits out to the respective people.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 am

runthetrap1990 wrote:
anonymousanon wrote:Wondering if I am supposed to begin the character and fitness stuff now as per the email or if people normally hold off until results come out?
Same. Especially wondering when I should be getting my employer and good character affidavits out to the respective people.
Definitely get your affidavits out. I am in first department and they took moral character affidavits that were 4-6 months old, they understand and they have some discretion...my reviewer said the longer you know the person the more cushion you have at least in first dept.

runthetrap1990

Bronze

Post by runthetrap1990 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:38 am

hockeyman969 wrote:
runthetrap1990 wrote:
Definitely get your affidavits out. I am in first department and they took moral character affidavits that were 4-6 months old, they understand and they have some discretion...my reviewer said the longer you know the person the more cushion you have at least in first dept.
Got it. Will do. Thanks for the heads up!

Also, related to what you just said - is there any difference between applying for the third department or the first department? I'm currently applying for the third although I'm in new york city. Do I need to make that switch to the 1st prior to submitting the C&F application?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 am

runthetrap1990 wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:
runthetrap1990 wrote:
Got it. Will do. Thanks for the heads up!

Also, related to what you just said - is there any difference between applying for the third department or the first department? I'm currently applying for the third although I'm in new york city. Do I need to make that switch to the 1st prior to submitting the C&F application?
I'm not sure, it depends when you want to get admitted. I applied in April and my dates are in Oct.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”