2018 February New York Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
wlp0001

New

Re: 2018 February New York Bar

Post by wlp0001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 pm

JustHawkin wrote:What day are we thinking for releasing scores?

Tuesday 4/24 around Midnight. I was in the same boat last year waiting for the results (passed). Good luck to all! When you get that email, just click on the PDF attachment ASAP.

wlp0001

New

Post by wlp0001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:58 pm

Banana1 wrote:Im confused. We can wait until after the results to apply right?
Correct, unless you are an NYS Pro Bono Scholar. Pro Bono Scholars applications are rushed because the swear-in date is early-mid June.

wlp0001

New

Post by wlp0001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 pm

b290 wrote:Just in case you were wondering when results come out, here are some past examples:

Feb 2017 - April 26 (Wed)
Feb 2016 - April 26 (Tue)
Feb 2015 - April 28 (Tue)
Feb 2014 - April 24 (Thurs)
Feb 2013 - May 2 (Thurs)

Basically, you're looking at the last week in April, or roughly 7-8 weeks from now. Early May is the exception, not the norm. With the UBE, results have tended towards the early side.

My $.02
Just realize that Feb 2017 - April 26 (Wed) was really Tuesday night ( I got my results at 11:59pm).

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:13 am

How’s everybody doing?! Hoping to enjoy this weekend before I find out I passed and I get to figure out my future! Or I can just stay being a lawyer in Florida. Either or.. everyone go have some fun!

nada123

New

Post by nada123 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 am

lolabear727 wrote:How’s everybody doing?! Hoping to enjoy this weekend before I find out I passed and I get to figure out my future! Or I can just stay being a lawyer in Florida. Either or.. everyone go have some fun!
Super nervous! Can’t plan what to do next until i find out the results. Hate this waiting game. Good luck!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 am

nada123 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:How’s everybody doing?! Hoping to enjoy this weekend before I find out I passed and I get to figure out my future! Or I can just stay being a lawyer in Florida. Either or.. everyone go have some fun!
Super nervous! Can’t plan what to do next until i find out the results. Hate this waiting game. Good luck!!
omg SO nervous this is the worst!

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:24 pm

wlp0001 wrote:

Tuesday 4/24 around Midnight. I was in the same boat last year waiting for the results (passed). Good luck to all! When you get that email, just click on the PDF attachment ASAP.
Tuesday 4/24 around Midnight? Source or is this a prediction? fml

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:57 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:

That’s when I received mine last year! It was more like 11:48pm.. :-/

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 pm

wlp0001 wrote:
b290 wrote:Just in case you were wondering when results come out, here are some past examples:

Feb 2013 - May 2 (Thurs)

Basically, you're looking at the last week in April, or roughly 7-8 weeks from now. Early May is the exception, not the norm. With the UBE, results have tended towards the early side.

My $.02
Just realize that Feb 2017 - April 26 (Wed) was really Tuesday night ( I got my results at 11:59pm).
True, if I remember correctly results were around 12, with some not getting theirs until almost 12:20ish. Duly noted :D
lolabear727 wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:

I’m thinking Tues night as well. I already had the middle of the week cleared. :lol: Enjoy this weekend and good luck peeps!

My $.02

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:37 am

b290 wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:

Feb 2013 - May 2 (Thurs)

My $.02
True, if I remember correctly results were around 12, with some not getting theirs until almost 12:20ish. Duly noted :D
lolabear727 wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:

I’m thinking Tues night as well. I already had the middle of the week cleared. :lol: Enjoy this weekend and good luck peeps!

My $.02
You too!

Yazzzay

Bronze

Post by Yazzzay » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:26 am

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
b290 wrote:
animalpeople wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:Anyone think the results will be released in early May or is it pretty much definitely within these last two weeks of April?
Given the last day to register for the July 2018 bar is April 30th, I would bet on it being released within these last two weeks of April.
Right date, wrong reason. The 4/30 deadline is for July’s first-time takers - for those waiting for results, an entirely different schedule applies. The real deadline is the filing one for the 4th Department. If applicants there miss it, there’s no other swear-in until 2019. That mainly affects takers of this past February exam, and a late release would disadvantage them. See below:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... #p10303748
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:if anyone has the file sizes for pass and fail attachments please share. I'd prefer to know immediately based on the attachment size if I'm hitting delete and sitting for Florida in July or passed and possibly staying in the area despite me still having a desire to relocate to Florida.
It used to be that passing email attachment Was much smaller (passing emails didn’t give you a score report), but the with the UBE switch, and even the different PDF types now, it’s hard to tell.

My $.02
So everyone has the same subject line and attachment size, only way to know is to open it as soon as it comes in I guess. I'm just hoping for a high enough MBE score that I can even transfer it to another jurisdiction if I qualify. The mean was a 132 that's pretty scary for the average MBE score. High MBE use to mean auto pass.

Nope the PDFs in July were different sizes. I remember because as soon as I saw mine, it was smaller than what everyone on TLS had been mentioning as the passing size! So ya. Don't even need to open the PDF to know. >.<

Yazzzay

Bronze

Post by Yazzzay » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 am

Have really remained as calm as I could for the past month and a half but it's hitting hard now. I saw in past posts a few other retakers in a similar boat as me- I failed by only 8 points, which made the sting extra terrible. The worst part was telling my parents/family friends/own friends who asked about it. I don't even know how I'll do it this time. In October I read the email and straight up felt like it was the end of the world. I didn't leave my room for 2 days and didn't eat anything, just slept/sobbed/screamed. Well aware this sounds so exagerated but if I felt that bad for failing once, I can't imagine how I'll feel if it happens again. I definitely didn't come out feeling confident. My MBE scores rose substantially on all practice fronts but the real thing felt entirely different, and the essays were a total shot in the dark for me (and the second MPT what on earth). I was rereading today (stupidly) excellenceinlawschool's breakdown of the essays and legitimately couldn't remember ANYTHING related to the MEEs. Honestly shaking just thinking about this.

BUT: this test doesn't define our self-worth. I need to repeat this to myself daily. We'll all pass eventually and regardless, the right path, be it in law or something else, is out there for us!

Best of luck to all.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 am

Tomorrow might be the day! Best of luck to everyone, probably not hesitating this time around to open it. Last time I was waiting to hear the file sizes etc. but don't even know if that applies anymore.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

damselfly

New

Post by damselfly » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Yazzzay wrote: I don't even know how I'll do it this time. In October I read the email and straight up felt like it was the end of the world. I didn't leave my room for 2 days and didn't eat anything, just slept/sobbed/screamed. Well aware this sounds so exagerated but if I felt that bad for failing once, I can't imagine how I'll feel if it happens again. I definitely didn't come out feeling confident. My MBE scores rose substantially on all practice fronts but the real thing felt entirely different, and the essays were a total shot in the dark for me (and the second MPT what on earth). I was rereading today (stupidly) excellenceinlawschool's breakdown of the essays and legitimately couldn't remember ANYTHING related to the MEEs. Honestly shaking just thinking about this.

BUT: this test doesn't define our self-worth. I need to repeat this to myself daily. We'll all pass eventually and regardless, the right path, be it in law or something else, is out there for us!

Best of luck to all.

Right there with you....keep us posted

wlp0001

New

Post by wlp0001 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:45 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:

Just a prediction based on prior release dates.

stephcurry30

New

Post by stephcurry30 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:59 pm

wlp0001 wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:

So this means more like 11:50 pm tomorrow night rather than like 12:05 AM (~9 hours or so from now) right?

Trying to get myself mentally prepared for this lol

njnytaker2018

New

Post by njnytaker2018 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Sorry if this was already answered- So the prediction is Tuesday night for the results. Will the NY bar email us individual results and post it publicly, simultaneously? I hear in California they email results and wait about 3 days before posting it online.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nyboundesq

New

Post by nyboundesq » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Yazzzay wrote:Have really remained as calm as I could for the past month and a half but it's hitting hard now. I saw in past posts a few other retakers in a similar boat as me- I failed by only 8 points, which made the sting extra terrible. The worst part was telling my parents/family friends/own friends who asked about it. I don't even know how I'll do it this time. In October I read the email and straight up felt like it was the end of the world. I didn't leave my room for 2 days and didn't eat anything, just slept/sobbed/screamed. Well aware this sounds so exagerated but if I felt that bad for failing once, I can't imagine how I'll feel if it happens again. I definitely didn't come out feeling confident. My MBE scores rose substantially on all practice fronts but the real thing felt entirely different, and the essays were a total shot in the dark for me (and the second MPT what on earth). I was rereading today (stupidly) excellenceinlawschool's breakdown of the essays and legitimately couldn't remember ANYTHING related to the MEEs. Honestly shaking just thinking about this.

Best of luck to all.
Where did you find the breakdown of the essays? I cannot seem to locate it on the site.

Thanks

lawgirl1234

New

Post by lawgirl1234 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:21 pm

lurker, first time post--

NY BOLE has updated its website to state, in part:
"The application filing period for the July 2018 bar examination is April 1-30, 2018. Applicants may apply for the bar examination through their BOLE Account in the Applicant Services Portal. If you do not have an account click on BOLE Account in the table of contents and follow the instructions to create an account.

The deadline to apply for the July 2018 New York bar examination for applicants who took and failed the February 2018 New York bar examination is May 8, 2018. There is no provision for the late filing of an application... "

that would place our results release date either tonight or tomorrow night - given the "14 day" timeline from the date of release for re-applicant to register for July 2018.

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm

lawgirl1234 wrote:lurker, first time post--

NY BOLE has updated its website to state, in part:
"The application filing period for the July 2018 bar examination is April 1-30, 2018. Applicants may apply for the bar examination through their BOLE Account in the Applicant Services Portal. If you do not have an account click on BOLE Account in the table of contents and follow the instructions to create an account.

The deadline to apply for the July 2018 New York bar examination for applicants who took and failed the February 2018 New York bar examination is May 8, 2018. There is no provision for the late filing of an application... "

that would place our results release date either tonight or tomorrow night - given the "14 day" timeline from the date of release for re-applicant to register for July 2018.
Link? Highlighted portion, specifically May 8th language is not on the main site: https://www.nybarexam.org

lawgirl1234

New

Post by lawgirl1234 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:31 pm

I refreshed the page - and now it's gone. I swear it was there! BOLE is messing with us ... ugh. LOL

Well, you guys could take my word for it, I literally copied and pasted.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Solid catch. Reading tea leaves here but, if that's the case, maybe they changed the language to be more ambiguous in case they aren't able to roll out scores at the time they expect (which is in the next day or two).

Krissynateylee

Bronze

Post by Krissynateylee » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:23 pm

nyboundesq wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:Have really remained as calm as I could for the past month and a half but it's hitting hard now. I saw in past posts a few other retakers in a similar boat as me- I failed by only 8 points, which made the sting extra terrible. The worst part was telling my parents/family friends/own friends who asked about it. I don't even know how I'll do it this time. In October I read the email and straight up felt like it was the end of the world. I didn't leave my room for 2 days and didn't eat anything, just slept/sobbed/screamed. Well aware this sounds so exagerated but if I felt that bad for failing once, I can't imagine how I'll feel if it happens again. I definitely didn't come out feeling confident. My MBE scores rose substantially on all practice fronts but the real thing felt entirely different, and the essays were a total shot in the dark for me (and the second MPT what on earth). I was rereading today (stupidly) excellenceinlawschool's breakdown of the essays and legitimately couldn't remember ANYTHING related to the MEEs. Honestly shaking just thinking about this.

Best of luck to all.
Where did you find the breakdown of the essays? I cannot seem to locate it on the site.

Thanks
Same question...this wait is killing me.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Best of luck to all.
I wish I was as strong as you. I will break if I fail again. The embarrassment will kill me. I already know I failed. As someone who had high aspirations but did so bad in law school--- its inevitable.

wlp0001

New

Post by wlp0001 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:49 pm

stephcurry30 wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:

So this means more like 11:50 pm tomorrow night rather than like 12:05 AM (~9 hours or so from now) right?

Trying to get myself mentally prepared for this lol
Lol. I understand. I would be surprised if it's not tonight or tomorrow night. I would assume tomorrow night, but I have no clue.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”