2018 February New York Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Yazzzay

Bronze

Re: 2018 February New York Bar

Post by Yazzzay » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Krissynateylee wrote:
nyboundesq wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:Have really remained as calm as I could for the past month and a half but it's hitting hard now. I saw in past posts a few other retakers in a similar boat as me- I failed by only 8 points, which made the sting extra terrible. The worst part was telling my parents/family friends/own friends who asked about it. I don't even know how I'll do it this time. In October I read the email and straight up felt like it was the end of the world. I didn't leave my room for 2 days and didn't eat anything, just slept/sobbed/screamed. Well aware this sounds so exagerated but if I felt that bad for failing once, I can't imagine how I'll feel if it happens again. I definitely didn't come out feeling confident. My MBE scores rose substantially on all practice fronts but the real thing felt entirely different, and the essays were a total shot in the dark for me (and the second MPT what on earth). I was rereading today (stupidly) excellenceinlawschool's breakdown of the essays and legitimately couldn't remember ANYTHING related to the MEEs. Honestly shaking just thinking about this.

BUT: this test doesn't define our self-worth. I need to repeat this to myself daily. We'll all pass eventually and regardless, the right path, be it in law or something else, is out there for us!

Best of luck to all.
Where did you find the breakdown of the essays? I cannot seem to locate it on the site.

Thanks
Same question...this wait is killing me.
Sorry if that was ambiguous- theres just this: https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/a ... ions/which is the accuracy of the predictions they made- but they brought up the topics in a few of the questions and I just can't remember anything at all.

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Possible it's tonight? July came out on a Monday.

kris4842

Bronze

Post by kris4842 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:06 pm

pvnyc wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:Have really remained as calm as I could for the past month and a half but it's hitting hard now. I saw in past posts a few other retakers in a similar boat as me- I failed by only 8 points, which made the sting extra terrible. The worst part was telling my parents/family friends/own friends who asked about it. I don't even know how I'll do it this time. In October I read the email and straight up felt like it was the end of the world. I didn't leave my room for 2 days and didn't eat anything, just slept/sobbed/screamed. Well aware this sounds so exagerated but if I felt that bad for failing once, I can't imagine how I'll feel if it happens again. I definitely didn't come out feeling confident. My MBE scores rose substantially on all practice fronts but the real thing felt entirely different, and the essays were a total shot in the dark for me (and the second MPT what on earth). I was rereading today (stupidly) excellenceinlawschool's breakdown of the essays and legitimately couldn't remember ANYTHING related to the MEEs. Honestly shaking just thinking about this.

BUT: this test doesn't define our self-worth. I need to repeat this to myself daily. We'll all pass eventually and regardless, the right path, be it in law or something else, is out there for us!

Best of luck to all.
I wish I was as strong as you. I will break if I fail again. The embarrassment will kill me. I already know I failed. As someone who had high aspirations but did so bad in law school--- its inevitable.
Hey! you obviously got through law school so keep those aspirations! No one ever asks how well did you do in law school, and they will never ask you if you passed the bar on the first time so please don't be so down on yourself. Positive energy! I bet you passed

kris4842

Bronze

Post by kris4842 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:14 pm

pvnyc wrote:

Best of luck to all.
I wish I was as strong as you. I will break if I fail again. The embarrassment will kill me. I already know I failed. As someone who had high aspirations but did so bad in law school--- its inevitable.
You obviously made it through law school so keep those aspirations. No one will ever ask you how well you did in school or how many times did you take the bar so be positive. It is not inevitable, it is possible so don't assume you failed. I bet you passed.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:20 pm

njnytaker2018 wrote:Sorry if this was already answered- So the prediction is Tuesday night for the results. Will the NY bar email us individual results and post it publicly, simultaneously? I hear in California they email results and wait about 3 days before posting it online.
Simultaneous-ish. Pretty much rolling for about 45 minutes. The public statement is usually the release the morning/afternoon after the emails.
JustHawkin wrote:Solid catch. Reading tea leaves here but, if that's the case, maybe they changed the language to be more ambiguous in case they aren't able to roll out scores at the time they expect (which is in the next day or two).
Pretty much. That actually convinces me even more that the results are coming soon.
nyboundesq wrote:Where did you find the breakdown of the essays? I cannot seem to locate it on the site.

Thanks
Yazzzay wrote:
Krissynateylee wrote: Same question...this wait is killing me.
Sorry if that was ambiguous- theres just this: https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/a ... ions/which is the accuracy of the predictions they made- but they brought up the topics in a few of the questions and I just can't remember anything at all.
Yazzzay, you were right. The breakdown does exist. Don't doubt yourself :lol: It took a while to find it, but here it is:

ELS Essay Breakdown:
https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/r ... -bar-exam/

My $.02

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stephcurry30

New

Post by stephcurry30 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 pm

This is my first time having taken a UBE, so I had a question regarding results for those of you who’ve taken the exam in the past.

Does everyone get a score breakdown for the UBE? In terms of the pdf that’s sent to us, does it say like immediately when you open it “pass” or “fail” and then have a score break down, even if you passed?

I took the CA bar in July and we ended up getting unique 5-6 digit numbers on the last day of our exam, which we punched into the CA Bar website to see if we passed or not. We didn’t receive our scores if we passed so that’s the only thing that I currently know.

Thanka in advance.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Get some sleep...or try to :lol:
kris4842 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:

Best of luck to all.
You obviously made it through law school so keep those aspirations. No one will ever ask you how well you did in school or how many times did you take the bar so be positive. It is not inevitable, it is possible so don't assume you failed. I bet you passed.
+1 Passing means you get to move one. Not passing just means it's a delay until you move on. As long as you have the drive, you'll get there. :)

It may not feel as simple when getting the results, but that's really what it is. Take a few days to celebrate/mourn, and continue.

My $.02

nyboundesq

New

Post by nyboundesq » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Yazzzay wrote:
Krissynateylee wrote:
nyboundesq wrote:

Best of luck to all.
Where did you find the breakdown of the essays? I cannot seem to locate it on the site.

Thanks
Same question...this wait is killing me.
Here is the website link...
https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/a ... edictions/

Sophia08

New

Post by Sophia08 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Seeing all these posts and knowing that there are so many of us waiting desperately for the result makes me feel so much better and realize that I am not alone in this. We have come so far and we should be proud of it. I hope we all get reason to smile but even if we don't, stay positive and fight back harder. Try until you succeed!! Either way we will have a reason to get drunk this weekend.

Also, I feel that the result is going to be out tonight or at max by tomorrow night. Good Luck to all of you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Anyone else refreshing on repeat?

Guccifer91

New

Post by Guccifer91 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:19 pm

kc128 wrote:Anyone else refreshing on repeat?
No

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Guccifer91 wrote:
No
Good for you for maintaining your sanity at times like these.

Barexamny22

New

Post by Barexamny22 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 pm

It will not come out tonight as it is already almost midnight. Probably tomorrow. I worked out twice today to get rid of some anxiety. I felt confident after the exam, but lately I am not feeling so confident. The waiting time is horrendous.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Guccifer91

New

Post by Guccifer91 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:21 am

Barexamny22 wrote:It will not come out tonight as it is already almost midnight. Probably tomorrow. I worked out twice today to get rid of some anxiety. I felt confident after the exam, but lately I am not feeling so confident. The waiting time is horrendous.
Agreed

Guccifer91

New

Post by Guccifer91 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:23 am

kc128 wrote:
Guccifer91 wrote:
No
I’m in the same boat. Tell me what I should be refreshing? I’m basically laying down staring at a wall right now and for the past day. If that is maintaining my sanity, I don’t want it anymore

nada123

New

Post by nada123 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:53 am

Guccifer91 wrote:
kc128 wrote:
Guccifer91 wrote:
No
I’m in the same boat. Tell me what I should be refreshing? I’m basically laying down staring at a wall right now and for the past day. If that is maintaining my sanity, I don’t want it anymore
Binge watch something on netflix to kill time and take your mind off it! Works for me :D

kris4842

Bronze

Post by kris4842 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 am

So when people say they keep refreshing the page, is it their email they are refreshing or BOLE or something else?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:23 am

Barexamny22 wrote:It will not come out tonight as it is already almost midnight. Probably tomorrow. I worked out twice today to get rid of some anxiety. I felt confident after the exam, but lately I am not feeling so confident. The waiting time is horrendous.
Agreed. I felt confident(ish) after the exam but since then it's been a roller coaster of thinking I failed miserably to thinking I may have a shot. Currently I'm thinking I failed miserably. The more time that passes the less confident I feel. Horrendous indeed.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:24 am

kris4842 wrote:So when people say they keep refreshing the page, is it their email they are refreshing or BOLE or something else?
Good question. It's an email we're waiting for right? Every time my phone vibrates for an email my heart skips a beat.

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 am

Neilt001 wrote:
kris4842 wrote:So when people say they keep refreshing the page, is it their email they are refreshing or BOLE or something else?
Good question. It's an email we're waiting for right? Every time my phone vibrates for an email my heart skips a beat.
I’m also refreshing email. Not sure what kind of indicators appear on the Bar website (outside of the list which I don’t think gets posted until the next day). It is interesting that the Bar website’s main page has had at least 3 different versions of registering for the July exam.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 am

Just find something to do. You’ll get an email when your result comes. It was decided a while back and you’ve probably worked out every scenario (both for the exam and after). No amount of worry will change that.

This isn’t like the registration email where “time is of the essence.” Worrying about it is not going to make it come any sooner - nor it it going to make the wait any better. I’ve checked my email this morning. I’ll do one later today, and one late tonight. I’m not going to on the hour/every hour because it’s pointless.

It’s ok to be checking because you want to know - but all this “refreshing” pages stuff is a bit much. Even if you don’t pass, you will live. Life will go on. You will mourn, and after a while you have to do something. That’s the worst case scenario.

Again, stress will not hurry, nor ameliorate, the wait process. Nor will it change the result. When the email comes, it’ll be dealt with then. Maintain your sanity.

My $.02

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kmcgee5

New

Post by kmcgee5 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:27 am

July 2017 taker here. Lurking because I have some friends who took Feb. 2018 and was wondering how close results were to coming out.

As for the refreshing, I knew results were coming out via my respective bar prep thread before I got my email because as someone above mentioned, the emails come out in waves. So, people began posting "I JUST GOT MY RESULTS" posts, and I got my email about five minutes after seeing the first one.

Good luck to all of you waiting. I know all too well how truly horrendous it is. Also, for some last minute encouragement: I didn't use any case law in the second MPT, left an essay completely blank, and bullshitted my way through another and still passed. You've got this.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 pm

kmcgee5 wrote:July 2017 taker here. Lurking because I have some friends who took Feb. 2018 and was wondering how close results were to coming out.

As for the refreshing, I knew results were coming out via my respective bar prep thread before I got my email because as someone above mentioned, the emails come out in waves. So, people began posting "I JUST GOT MY RESULTS" posts, and I got my email about five minutes after seeing the first one.

Good luck to all of you waiting. I know all too well how truly horrendous it is. Also, for some last minute encouragement: I didn't use any case law in the second MPT, left an essay completely blank, and bullshitted my way through another and still passed. You've got this.

Thanks for the pep talk. I've been sick with anxiety for the last 2 weeks over receiving results. I just pray its good news.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:40 pm

kmcgee5 wrote:
Well then you (unlike me) must've killed the MBE!! :o :o (lol jokes, thanks for the pep talk - it's definitely what I need right now!!) Horrendous is definitely the word!

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:20 pm

I had shitty LSAT, nearly got academically dismissed from law school, and still passed NY (albeit on attempt #3). Relax. Watch Avengers Infinity War on Friday. You'll be fine.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”