California MPT Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Shawn474

New

California MPT

Post by Shawn474 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:01 am

MPT Headings. Since it was a letter I didn't use headings.
Is that ok? How would that impact the grading?

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Re: California MPT

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:15 am

Chilllllllllllllllll

dimetech

New

Post by dimetech » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:49 am

Agree with blended. Also, it's a CA PT, not MPT. There is nothing "multistate" about it. *FTFY*

BulletTooth

Bronze

Post by BulletTooth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Shawn474 wrote:MPT Headings. Since it was a letter I didn't use headings.
I don't think it will have a huge impact, but almost all letters to opposing counsel will break down the sections with persuasive headings (e.g., D's 4th A. Right Were Violated When...)

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:16 pm

BulletTooth wrote:
I don't think it will have a huge impact, but almost all letters to opposing counsel will break down the sections with persuasive headings (e.g., D's 4th A. Right Were Violated When...)
It is to Client's wife if I remember correctly. But heading never hurts. I don't think OP should worry too much. The impact of PT is much less in the new score system.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:21 pm

maxmartin wrote:
BulletTooth wrote:
It is to Client's wife if I remember correctly. But heading never hurts. I don't think OP should worry too much. The impact of PT is much less in the new score system.
Nope, it was to the prosecutor (opposing counsel). OP, I also didn't have headings in my letter (to be fair, I had to handwrite the PT due to Softest issues). I think we may lose a few points depending on which grader we get, but I don't think it'll be that significant, i.e., it won't be the difference between getting a passing or a non-passing score on the PT. May have been different if the instructions were to write a memo or a brief.

Slickrick90

New

Post by Slickrick90 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 pm

jman77 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
BulletTooth wrote:
Nope, it was to the prosecutor (opposing counsel). OP, I also didn't have headings in my letter (to be fair, I had to handwrite the PT due to Softest issues). I think we may lose a few points depending on which grader we get, but I don't think it'll be that significant, i.e., it won't be the difference between getting a passing or a non-passing score on the PT. May have been different if the instructions were to write a memo or a brief.

Thank god. I was scared for a sec that I didn't follow directions!

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 am

Slickrick90 wrote:
jman77 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
BulletTooth wrote:

Thank god. I was scared for a sec that I didn't follow directions!
Haha same.

Summerpony

New

Post by Summerpony » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:29 pm

I did not go too deep into the weeds on the facts...I tried to focus on the big picture. Mine was also on the shorter end but I wanted to get the essentials down and finish. Maybe that was not the right strategy. Time will tell. Does anyone have an idea of what the rubric is?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:32 am

I remember opening with the search in the hallway was acceptable, but the search of the room wasn't. I started with the fact that since the couple had paid for the cabin for their anniversary, it was clear they had a reasonable expectation of privacy under the law. Then I talked about the mistake about the identity of the husband, the different spelling of the last names, the description, the room on the other side of the ship, and so on. Even so, I thought it was choppy. I finished,though, right down to the partner's signature line. Hopefully, I'll get to at least 60. That's not too much to hope for, right?

JayBeamS

New

Post by JayBeamS » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pm

dimetech wrote:Agree with blended. Also, it's a CA PT, not MPT. There is nothing "multistate" about it. *FTFY*
So, what is the difference between the CA PT and "multistate" MPT? (Other than the Publisher, of course)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”