New York Law Course/NYLE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
anabasis

New

New York Law Course/NYLE

Post by anabasis » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:40 pm

New York doesn't want to give us much of a break, I see! To even sign up for the September 14 NYLE date you have to complete the online review course by August 15. Next administration is not until December, so it really looks like September is the one to take.

Exam itself doesn't appear to be too grueling, but it's hard to face another 15 hours of bar prep lectures over the next two weeks.

Any tips from people who have completed this? I'm afraid to speed up the lectures due to the constant popups warning that "all time will be audited". But it would be a lot more bearable at 1.3x or 1.5x. And since the exam is at least 30 days after you complete the lectures, does that mean you need to watch them again when it gets close to the exam? Or is reading the outline they provide sufficient review?

PourMeTea

Platinum

Re: New York Law Course/NYLE

Post by PourMeTea » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:14 pm

i think you can just play them in the background and mute them, then just answer a multiple choice question by looking at the outline every 15 minutes or so

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:14 pm

PourMeTea wrote:i think you can just play them in the background and mute them, then just answer a multiple choice question by looking at the outline every 15 minutes or so
100% this. Just put on some Netflix while you "watch" the videos in the background. Don't risk speeding up the videos. And make sure you either find a searchable PDF outline (try old TLS threads about the June exam) or convert the current outline into a searchable PDF (again, refer to June threads for instructions on how to do this).

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:15 pm

As far as actual prep - I would recommend reading through the outline once right before the exam to help you review. You'll have plenty of time to control-F your way through the exam, but it's a lot easier to figure out phrases to search when you remember what kinds of things you could be tested on (and in what legal context). There's no need to do more prep than that or rewatch the videos right beforehand.

Jon_Snow

New

Post by Jon_Snow » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:45 am

^ Just wanted to second Slytherpuff.

You can also get video controller addon for chrome & you should be able to play the videos at a faster speed if you're just trying to get through them afap.

Stay calm & Ctrl+F.
If you're still nervous, then get teh pdf printed out & binded at Fedex or something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrWhitman

New

Post by MrWhitman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 am

Jon_Snow wrote:^ Just wanted to second Slytherpuff.

You can also get video controller addon for chrome & you should be able to play the videos at a faster speed if you're just trying to get through them afap.

Stay calm & Ctrl+F.
If you're still nervous, then get teh pdf printed out & binded at Fedex or something.
I don't know if I'd recommend this. They can track enough information on your browser to know you are not spending the necessary amount of time on the video. No reason to risk it--put the video on, set a timer, and come back to answer the questions. If they audit your video watching and find that you didn't follow directions, you may not be able to take the test until the next administration.

nybar2017

New

Post by nybar2017 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Don't worry!

I watched the videos in the background while I did other things and used control f to find the answers for the questions every fifteen minutes. I got a couple wrong, but it wasn't a big deal.

For the test I didn't read the outline once and controlled f every answer finishing with an hour to spare and feeling that I got every question correct. The test is a joke. Enjoy it.

ernie

Bronze

Post by ernie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:04 pm

Some posters say they sped up the vids and were audited, had to redo. Don't know how common that is. But probably not worth the hassle.

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 pm

Seriously, OP, this topic has been beaten to death already. Use the search function.

You don't have to study. You don't have to watch the videos, just play them in the background on mute while you watch a movie or do something else. Use the outline, finish the test in half the time, and that's it.

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:58 pm

nybar2017 wrote:Don't worry!

I watched the videos in the background while I did other things and used control f to find the answers for the questions every fifteen minutes. I got a couple wrong, but it wasn't a big deal.

For the test I didn't read the outline once and controlled f every answer finishing with an hour to spare and feeling that I got every question correct. The test is a joke. Enjoy it.
Pretty much this.

Don't speed up the videos; just put them on while you do other things.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”