July 2017 Bar Exam Results

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby dans1006 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:46 pm

I'm not a NC taker but I'm really interested to hear about these early results.

This wait is killing me.

anonymousposterchild
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby anonymousposterchild » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Whoa, it this real? Results tomorrow? Does this mean we'll have some info about the July MBE?

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 8299
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby los blancos » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:37 pm

phantom1412 wrote:
dans1006 wrote:
hipcatdaddio wrote:North Carolina (usually the earliest) releases the scores "approximately 4 weeks after the exam administration" per the NC bar examiners website. August 24-25 is the date that's been floating around.


Does anyone know, does North Carolina release your MBE scaled score if you pass, or are they like other jurisdictions where they only tell you your score if you failed?


They don't release scores if you pass (at least based on what I've read on TLS about ppl receiving passing letters). Good luck to both of us, nervously awaiting results.


Can confirm that NC doesn't tell you MBE scores if you passed.

Really wishing right about now that I was getting results as early as I did the first time around.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby NoDayButToday » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:26 pm

At South Carolina administration they told us "late October or early November," but said they would not confirm a release date.

Word on the street is that they will likely get them out earlier this year than last year (which was Oct. 21), but I can't confirm that from any official sort of source. Additionally, our swearing in date is set a week later than last year's. This is our first July UBE administration in SC, so I don't know if that makes it shorter or longer to grade.

Suprman37
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby Suprman37 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:33 am

This sounds about right for NC. For the February exam, they released their scores at the end of March.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1269
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 am

NC should be any day now. They don't usually reveal when they mail them out, unfortunately. So we are all just stalking our postal employees.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1269
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:50 am

hipcatdaddio wrote:
phantom1412 wrote:
dans1006 wrote:
hipcatdaddio wrote:North Carolina (usually the earliest) releases the scores "approximately 4 weeks after the exam administration" per the NC bar examiners website. August 24-25 is the date that's been floating around.


Does anyone know, does North Carolina release your MBE scaled score if you pass, or are they like other jurisdictions where they only tell you your score if you failed?


They don't release scores if you pass (at least based on what I've read on TLS about ppl receiving passing letters). Good luck to both of us, nervously awaiting results.


A dean at one of the NC law schools emailed their students and informed them that letters would be mailed out on Thursday and in most mailboxes on Friday. Fingers crossed.


Can this be confirmed? I have tons of friends at lots of nc law schools and haven't been able to confirm it...

deceptivelyblonde
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 am

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby deceptivelyblonde » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:46 am

Good luck to everyone - results should start coming out soon. I've heard a lot of reports about NC - I'm still shooting for early-ish September. NC is always unpredictable and generally unrevealing with details. But in the past, they released results around late August or early September. I'll let you all know if I hear otherwise!

:!: Not to be the bearer of bad news, but many states seem to be running late. Late updating their websites, late putting up release dates, late releasing results altogether. Not sure why this exam seems to be an issue (I've heard too many people took it, but I thought #s were down compared to some past years), but if you do not know when you results are released, just expect possible delays. :(

:?: Anyone know what happened to DC's page? It isn't working for me right now -- looks like they've updated the website.

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby dans1006 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 am

I like to think they're taking their time discussing how ridiculous they were on the MBE scaling last cycle and that they're compensating for such in this current cycle. But instead, they're probably trying to figure out how to justify further plummeting mean MBE scores without conceding that, though hard to quantify and somewhat intangibly so, the changes to the MBE over the past few years has, in fact, made it harder.

ConfusedL1
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby ConfusedL1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 pm

deceptivelyblonde wrote:Good luck to everyone - results should start coming out soon. I've heard a lot of reports about NC - I'm still shooting for early-ish September. NC is always unpredictable and generally unrevealing with details. But in the past, they released results around late August or early September. I'll let you all know if I hear otherwise!

:!: Not to be the bearer of bad news, but many states seem to be running late. Late updating their websites, late putting up release dates, late releasing results altogether. Not sure why this exam seems to be an issue (I've heard too many people took it, but I thought #s were down compared to some past years), but if you do not know when you results are released, just expect possible delays. :(

:?: Anyone know what happened to DC's page? It isn't working for me right now -- looks like they've updated the website.


https://www.dccourts.gov/court-of-appea ... admissions

DC is back up. Mid-November :cry: :cry: :cry:

burgess1014
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby burgess1014 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Arkansas gets results this coming Friday at 5 pm.

KWall
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby KWall » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:15 pm

There was a rumor that North Carolina results were mailed on August 24, however, the first person that I have heard of that actually received the results was today. So I think that they were actually mailed yesterday, August 28. That would be consistent with past years. I did not receive mine yet, and I live in Raleigh.

chingochongo
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:35 am

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby chingochongo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 am

I can confirm that Wisconsin results were released this morning (8/30) by email.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1269
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:54 am

NC was mailed yesterday.

Brian_Wildcat
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby Brian_Wildcat » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:03 am

Kansas bar results are up

Bimmerfan
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby Bimmerfan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:33 am

I do appreciate the states that don't post full names of test takers.

deceptivelyblonde
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 am

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby deceptivelyblonde » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:42 am

Released:

North Carolina
Arkansas
Kansas (79% passed - unchanged from July 2016)
West Virginia (69.5% - down 1.5% from July 2016)
Wisconsin

North Dakota (I think . . . ? -- Verification would be good!)

Congratulations & Good Luck!

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1269
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby cricketlove00 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:24 am

Hoping to get NC pass rates on a Tuesday. I'm guessing around 70%.

Storm22
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby Storm22 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:12 pm

For everyone who is absolutely certain there's zero conceivable way you could have passed, I passed by 50 points. Keep your chins up, you will too.

User avatar
HungJuror
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby HungJuror » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Washington State is this Friday (Sept. 8th) at 8:00AM PST, with the public list being released Sept. 11th at 8:00AM.

http://www.wsba.org/Licensing-and-Lawye ... nformation

AmicusCuriae6
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby AmicusCuriae6 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:26 pm

NC stats: 1017 takers, 61.75% pass

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1269
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby cricketlove00 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:27 pm

AmicusCuriae6 wrote:NC stats: 1017 takers, 61.75% pass


Do we know how many people from Charlotte and Elon failed?

AmicusCuriae6
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby AmicusCuriae6 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:33 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:
AmicusCuriae6 wrote:NC stats: 1017 takers, 61.75% pass


Do we know how many people from Charlotte and Elon failed?



Elon: 44.26%, 61 takers- 27pass/34fail
CLS: 34.06%, 138 takers- 47/91

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1269
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby cricketlove00 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:06 pm

AmicusCuriae6 wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
AmicusCuriae6 wrote:NC stats: 1017 takers, 61.75% pass


Do we know how many people from Charlotte and Elon failed?



Elon: 44.26%, 61 takers- 27pass/34fail
CLS: 34.06%, 138 takers- 47/91


Jesus Christ.

diogenes89
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: July 2017 Bar Exam Results

Postby diogenes89 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:46 am

Anyone have any median MBE numbers yet? They tend to be pretty steady from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, it seems.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests