Ohio Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
OnTheRise

New

Ohio Bar Exam

Post by OnTheRise » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Just checking in to see how other Ohio takers feel. I passed The PA last July and I have absolutely no clue about this one. Essays were significantly harder and MBE is always a crapshoot. Needless to say I am worried. Anyone else have issues with the character count on essays?
Last edited by OnTheRise on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCLAW2008

New

Re: Ohio Bar Exam

Post by BCLAW2008 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:59 pm

I just finished the Ohio exam today and I agree. That was hectic. I had a character count issue this morning that completely threw me off. For some reason softest said that I had used up my characters but when I deleted spaces, I was still maxed out. I had to call a softest tech for help but by the time he finished time was up. At that point I had 2 more essays to go and I could not get my mind off of what happened. Needless to say i think I'll be back there again in February. I found corporations,and civ pro to be difficult.

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Corporations was terrible. I hit the character count on every essay and had to spend time trying to figure out what to eliminate so I could type more. I also found the con law essay to be difficult but then again I'm terrible at con law. Just have to hope the PTs and MBE were my saving grace.

Jmari

New

Post by Jmari » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:19 am

The contract one threw me off. I couldn't spot the issue on the first subpart. I hit the character count in Crim Pro l, but I don't know why. Some of my other essays were longer than Crim Pro, so I don't know why that happened.

JayDubya

New

Post by JayDubya » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:19 pm

The MBE was not at all what I was expecting. I feel like on most of the Barbri questions, I could eventually figure out the specific legal issue they were asking about. Most of the MBE questions I had no clue what the legal issue was, let alone the correct answer. I just had to go with my gut and pick the answer that 'felt' the best.

I didn't think the essays were too bad, although the time crunch was a little stressful and I hit the word count on several of them. IMO the hardest essays were: 1) Corporations - they asked about issues that were not covered in any real depth in Barbri, 2) Commercial Paper - I was never really comfortable with CP during bar prep, but I think I at least came to the right conclusions on everything, and 3) Wills - I was pretty good at wills but that was such a long fact pattern and had some issues I wasn't familiar with (did filing for divorce revoke by operation of law?).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jmari

New

Post by Jmari » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:36 pm

With the corporation one, you are right. The little nuance was not covered in the Barbri lecture, I double checked with that right after I walked out of the exam. The wills one, too. With the MBE, I hated Barbri because they trick you on their MBE and when you approach the actual bar exam, you think every question is a trick question, like the Barbri, when it might not be. I felt like Barbri was just terrible when it came to that aspect.

sprintin23

New

Post by sprintin23 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:29 pm

Corporations and Wills were a bit confusing. A number of people I talked to were left making up rules to get through them. Good luck to everybody.

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:56 pm

sprintin23 wrote:Corporations and Wills were a bit confusing. A number of people I talked to were left making up rules to get through them. Good luck to everybody.
This makes me feel a little better. I made up everything for corporations

sprintin23

New

Post by sprintin23 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:25 pm

The fox and the chicken house hypo in Contracts had me cracking up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Well, two months down and one to go. Hope everyone is relaxing as much as humanly possible.

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am

So when results come out Oct 27 how do we check? Will they send an email?

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am

Pure Applesauce wrote:So when results come out Oct 27 how do we check? Will they send an email?

From what they said at the exam they will be posted on the bar website or you can call. Should be up around 7am from what they said.

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:27 pm

OnTheRise wrote:
Pure Applesauce wrote:So when results come out Oct 27 how do we check? Will they send an email?

From what they said at the exam they will be posted on the bar website or you can call. Should be up around 7am from what they said.
Anyone else confirm this?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 am

Pure Applesauce wrote:
OnTheRise wrote:

That's how it worked for me. Wake up and check the website - assuming others haven't done so already and started texting/calling you.

I was fortunate to have a little computer program running to do that for me - I'd written it years ago to check if there were vacancies at my preferred LSAT testing location, and again to check for LSAT results. Absent some tech skills or geeky friends, you probably just have to wake up early and start clicking refresh while drinking coffee.

BCLAW2008

New

Post by BCLAW2008 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 pm

albanach wrote:
Pure Applesauce wrote:
OnTheRise wrote:

That's how it worked for me. Wake up and check the website - assuming others haven't done so already and started texting/calling you.

I was fortunate to have a little computer program running to do that for me - I'd written it years ago to check if there were vacancies at my preferred LSAT testing location, and again to check for LSAT results. Absent some tech skills or geeky friends, you probably just have to wake up early and start clicking refresh while drinking coffee.
I think I'll go out and have a few drinkson Friday night, and then check mine.

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:08 am

So one more day. And just making sure -- we find out by pulling up the list on the Ohio Supreme Court website?

BCLAW2008

New

Post by BCLAW2008 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Pure Applesauce wrote:So one more day. And just making sure -- we find out by pulling up the list on the Ohio Supreme Court website?
Yes, and they are putting our scores in the mail later today.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Well I am nervous

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Pure Applesauce wrote:Well I am nervous
12 hours left and I'm going to vomit. I've been a wreck all day. Not much sleep will occur tonight

BCLAW2008

New

Post by BCLAW2008 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Pure Applesauce wrote:Well I am nervous
I am too. I keep imagining what my reaction will be in both scenarios (pass/fail). I still don't plan on checking my results first thing in the morning though.

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:38 pm

Good luck everyone! I'm originally from Ohio but took the FL exam first (and will probably take Ohio somewhere down the road). Hopefully you guys all passed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:23 am

Waiting now is horrible

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:04 am

Up

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:26 am

I PASSED! Hopefully everyone else got good news as well!

Ohiobumpkin

Silver

Post by Ohiobumpkin » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:41 am

Congratulations to all the new attorneys in the Buckeye State! For those who did not pass, don't let it get you down. MANY people do not pass the Bar on any given administration. Pick yourselves up, learn from your mistakes, and crush it next time.

Congrats again!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”