Easiest MBE Ever? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cats

New

Easiest MBE Ever?

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Are we looking at this the wrong way? Sure, if you're completely stupid you failed. We all know that. But think about how many "normal" people failed too. Does that boost our scores? And to be completely fair, we don't need any more "lawyers" getting licensed when we are hitting the job market.
Cheer up guys.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Re: Easiest MBE Ever?

Post by InterAlia1961 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:50 pm

I've taken this thing four times. I'm a little concerned because this time, I thought it was far easier than all the other times. I'm not sure what that means. Maybe after doing thousands of practice questions, I finally figured out how to analyze mcqs. Or maybe I just forgot every thing I ever learned in law school and just filled in the bubbles to resemble a unicorn. It could go either way at this point. There's nothing any of us can do now, except wait.

LandEsquire

New

Post by LandEsquire » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:39 pm

I took the MBE in 2011, so before Civ Pro was on it. I passed the Bar in Florida and NJ that year and I just took the MBE and Bar in PA. I also thought the MBE was easier than I remembered it and I expected worse. I am hoping it's not a bad sign.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:53 pm

Historically, the MBE has gotten easier. However I think the difficulty level hit a valley in July 2016. I passed the UBE and my MBE was north of 180. This go round I took Florida and found the MBE a little more difficult.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 pm

cats wrote:Are we looking at this the wrong way? Sure, if you're completely stupid you failed. We all know that. But think about how many "normal" people failed too. Does that boost our scores? And to be completely fair, we don't need any more "lawyers" getting licensed when we are hitting the job market.
Cheer up guys.
This is a pretty idiotic post. Not sure where exactly you are going with this or what you are trying to accomplish.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:56 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:Historically, the MBE has gotten easier. However I think the difficulty level hit a valley in July 2016. I passed the UBE and my MBE was north of 180. This go round I took Florida and found the MBE a little more difficult.
Reaching some particular score couldn't have become easier because it would defeat the whole equating/scaling process they labor over so much. So do you mean the questions themselves have become easier substantively? Maybe, but how did you come to that conclusion? The only data released by the NCBE and some user jurisdictions are scaled scores (and the one time Illinois released raw scores), which are adjusted for changes in difficulty.

Even the most transparent testing shops (ETS, ACT) at best release difficulty data for select items but still don't release the average difficulty levels of test forms over a period of time. I doubt NCBE has ever done so. PM me if you have more data on this because I'm working on a LR article along similar lines.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Toubro wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:Historically, the MBE has gotten easier. However I think the difficulty level hit a valley in July 2016. I passed the UBE and my MBE was north of 180. This go round I took Florida and found the MBE a little more difficult.
Reaching some particular score couldn't have become easier because it would defeat the whole equating/scaling process they labor over so much. So do you mean the questions themselves have become easier substantively? Maybe, but how did you come to that conclusion? The only data released by the NCBE and some user jurisdictions are scaled scores (and the one time Illinois released raw scores), which are adjusted for changes in difficulty.

Even the most transparent testing shops (ETS, ACT) at best release difficulty data for select items but still don't release the average difficulty levels of test forms over a period of time. I doubt NCBE has ever done so. PM me if you have more data on this because I'm working on a LR article along similar lines.

I'll be interested in reading your article when it's published.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:59 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
Toubro wrote:

I'll be interested in reading your article when it's published.
It's still in workshop phase. That's the one before the rejections phase. But a rejected LR article is how most legal blogs start anyway, right?

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:09 pm

Toubro wrote:

I meant subjectively.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”