WORST MBE EVER!!!!!!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cats

New

Re: WORST MBE EVER!!!!!!!!

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Also guys, I don't want to jinx us but look at some old threads from years past. The vast majority of people come out of the bar exam feeling ambivalent and like they might have failed. And most of them end up having done well enough to pass with room to spare. I get feeling nervous (I do too) but we should all have a little perspective here. Feeling like you bombed seems to be par for the course
except more people will fail this year than ever. I'm just hoping we're not on the margin

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:02 pm

with them throwing out 25 questions instead of 10 probably is why this test *feels* harder.

definitely overloaded on CivPro.

maybe they'll overcorrect on the curve to compensate though.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:04 pm

cats wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:Also guys, I don't want to jinx us but look at some old threads from years past. The vast majority of people come out of the bar exam feeling ambivalent and like they might have failed. And most of them end up having done well enough to pass with room to spare. I get feeling nervous (I do too) but we should all have a little perspective here. Feeling like you bombed seems to be par for the course
except more people will fail this year than ever. I'm just hoping we're not on the margin
There is no evidence to support this. Don't fearmonger.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:04 pm

cats wrote:
Probably a few more just because law schools have been admitting lower LSATs each year, but why do you think there will be significantly more failures?

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:06 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
cats wrote:
Probably a few more just because law schools have been admitting lower LSATs each year, but why do you think there will be significantly more failures?
because more people are failing

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:07 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
scores are declining in everything. unless the bar drops standards

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:11 pm

cats wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
That's not necessarily evidence that the bar is getting harder to pass

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:12 pm

cats wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
Already announced that the CA bar will likely lower standards. So . . .

Germaine

New

Post by Germaine » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:12 pm

pancakes3 wrote:with them throwing out 25 questions instead of 10 probably is why this test *feels* harder.

definitely overloaded on CivPro.

maybe they'll overcorrect on the curve to compensate though.
This.

If you think back, there were long stretches of pretty straightforward questions. I have to think those make up the heart of what they use to score us. Goal is to screen out people who lack basic competency. Probably there some false negatives each year (people who should pass but don't), but overall I bet it gets it about right because the real scoring is based on core concepts.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
cats wrote:
I personally know people who scored in the low-150's on the LSAT and passed the bar. Apples have nothing to do with oranges.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:
cats wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
We probably all passed?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:19 pm

L_William_W wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:
cats wrote:
I personally know people who scored in the low-150's on the LSAT and passed the bar. Apples have nothing to do with oranges.
Why would that be unusual? Isn't lower 150s an average LSAT score, or at least close to it? And the average person passes the bar, so…

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:25 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
L_William_W wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:
cats wrote:
Why would that be unusual? Isn't lower 150s an average LSAT score, or at least close to it? And the average person passes the bar, so…
who knows. made a thread on this and it got blocked

PanickingBarTaker

New

Post by PanickingBarTaker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

mklaw1128 wrote:NJ UBE Taker here... terrible, first half was fine, the second was brutal. I love the way everyone constantly stated that the real MBE questions are 10x easier then your bar course prep...my ass. Maybe these courses need an update.

Anyone who tells you that is misleading you to sell you their s*itty a$$ courses .. ONLY practice and study real released questions .. I think the only course which does that is Pieper Law [NY only]. Get the questions from the NCBE website.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 pm

cats wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:
cats wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
We probably all passed?
At this point in time it's probably healthiest for you to think that you passed so that you don't live in anguish over the next several months likely unnecessarily.

crumb cake

Bronze

Post by crumb cake » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Problem is my T14 has the same bar passage rates as the local unranked T4 school in my jurisdiction.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:50 pm

crumb cake wrote:
Problem is my T14 has the same bar passage rates as the local unranked T4 school in my jurisdiction.
what about lsat though. we all have a certain percentage of our classmates who have low scores

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:53 pm

cats wrote:
crumb cake wrote:
what about lsat though. we all have a certain percentage of our classmates who have low scores

The LSAT doesn't have anything to do with bar passage, I didn't have a high LSAT score, I'm talking like mid 150s passed comfortably on my first bar exam. Its about learning the exam's tricks, practicing over and over, and going over past essays. There are people who graduated from top tier schools with high LSATs who fail, and those who graduate from bottom tier schools who pass.

crumb cake

Bronze

Post by crumb cake » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:54 pm

cats wrote:
crumb cake wrote:
I got a 172 on the LSAT and I don't think that helps me at all here except maybe my bubbling strategy.

Brian_Wildcat

New

Post by Brian_Wildcat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Not sure how LSAT score helps with whether you know the law...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:58 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
cats wrote:
crumb cake wrote:

The LSAT doesn't have anything to do with bar passage, I didn't have a high LSAT score, I'm talking like mid 150s passed comfortably on my first bar exam. Its about learning the exam's tricks, practicing over and over, and going over past essays. There are people who graduated from top tier schools with high LSATs who fail, and those who graduate from bottom tier schools who pass.
big iq correlation though. that's all i was asking nothing personal

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:59 pm

crumb cake wrote:
cats wrote:
crumb cake wrote:
I got a 172 on the LSAT and I don't think that helps me at all here except maybe my bubbling strategy.

On another note...crumbcake- your avatar is making me hungry/want cake now.

mklaw1128

New

Post by mklaw1128 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:17 pm

PanickingBarTaker wrote:
mklaw1128 wrote:NJ UBE Taker here... terrible, first half was fine, the second was brutal. I love the way everyone constantly stated that the real MBE questions are 10x easier then your bar course prep...my ass. Maybe these courses need an update.

Anyone who tells you that is misleading you to sell you their s*itty a$$ courses .. ONLY practice and study real released questions .. I think the only course which does that is Pieper Law [NY only]. Get the questions from the NCBE website.
Truth. Except these were multiple past bar takers who passed telling me this, granted they took pre UBE bar exam (NJ just switched) but still. Also did OP3 and 4 and thought they were easier than the one section of the MBE. Who knows. Lets hope for a pass.

krjackson59

New

Post by krjackson59 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:25 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
Agreed. This guy has been trolling multiple threads... y'all did fine.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”