Anyone else experience constant bathroom distractions during the Bar Exam? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cats

New

Anyone else experience constant bathroom distractions during the Bar Exam?

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:18 am

Now that everyone in law school is on adderall it seemed like everyone was CONSTANTLY getting up to go pee during the exam. I mean even the same person getting up several times to pee during one section of the MBE. Like every 20 questions or so when they reached the end of a bubble sheet column they would go to the bathroom and chew up an adderall, pee, and chug a pint of coffee to be peed out in 30 minutes. RIDICULOUS. Not only using performance enhancing drugs but hurting the performance of everyone else in the process. This should be illegal.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Re: Anyone else experience constant bathroom distractions during the Bar Exam?

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 am

Are you sure they were taking Adderall? Maybe they just have a small bladder. Or if they were taking it, maybe they have ADHD, sincerely need it, and have a prescription.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:26 am

Slytherpuff wrote:Are you sure they were taking Adderall? Maybe they just have a small bladder. Or if they were taking it, maybe they have ADHD, sincerely need it, and have a prescription.
Yes lots of people were definitely taking adderall. I saw the pills and it was a big buzzword around the waiting areas. People talking about being "gakked" and "twacked out," etc. Also lol at sincerely needing it.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 am

This wasn't a thing at my test center so I'm just surprised (although people definitely took frequent bathroom breaks). My high school brother has really bad ADHD and sincerely needs medication to be able to focus in class, so I'm not going to assume everyone is just taking it to get ahead. There are a lot of people out there whose brains just don't work the same as everyone else's.

sf45

New

Post by sf45 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:44 am

Other people's med use isn't really any of your business frankly. It doesn't make them a bar super hero, it just makes their brains work differently in a way that they have found is necessary. I'm sorry it distracted you, but some sort of distraction seems inevitable at these things.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 am

sf45 wrote:Other people's med use isn't really any of your business frankly. It doesn't make them a bar super hero, it just makes their brains work differently in a way that they have found is necessary. I'm sorry it distracted you, but some sort of distraction seems inevitable at these things.
Lol how is that not my business, mom? They were openly bragging about it and peeing so much it might as well have been a frat party.

Also you seem like you use adderall frankly.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:27 am

I know you're stressed about the exam. The bar is brutal and so incredibly stressful. Don't take it out on TLSers though.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:30 am

Slytherpuff wrote:I know you're stressed about the exam. The bar is brutal and so incredibly stressful. Don't take it out on TLSers though.
When did I say or do any of this?

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:32 am

cats wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:I know you're stressed about the exam. The bar is brutal and so incredibly stressful. Don't take it out on TLSers though.
cats wrote:Lol how is that not my business, mom? They were openly bragging about it and peeing so much it might as well have been a frat party.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 am

Slytherpuff wrote:
cats wrote:
cats wrote:Lol how is that not my business, mom? They were openly bragging about it and peeing so much it might as well have been a frat party.

Don't see how this is being stressed about the exam and taking it out on people. We're just having a discussion about people popping pills and pissing all over the place during the bar exam.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:49 am

The "you use adderall" comment was totally unnecessary.

Also anecdotes are not data. Plus the exam isn't curved, so who cares what other people do to pass? It won't affect your score.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 am

cats wrote:pissing all over the place during the bar exam.
the real travesty is how much further the women's restroom was than the men's restroom

bda

New

Post by bda » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:53 am

I use adderall, because I'm prescribed it--have been since 5th grade. I don't take it everyday when I don't need to study or focus on work (i.e., on the weekends or during summers) because the side effects are VICIOUS. However, I have never had to pee more because of it. In fact, when I take my medication, I typically forget to drink/eat at regular intervals.

Your lol at sincerely needing it comment is just straight up rude and uncalled for. Just because you're not affected by something doesn't mean it's not real. Hope your negative attitude doesn't bring you bad karma.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:54 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:The "you use adderall" comment was totally unnecessary.

Also anecdotes are not data. Plus the exam isn't curved, so who cares what other people do to pass? It won't affect your score.
That was a response to the "isn't any of your business frankly" snark. Notice how I used "frankly."

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:55 am

PourMeTea wrote:
cats wrote:pissing all over the place during the bar exam.
the real travesty is how much further the women's restroom was than the men's restroom
It was packed with a line out the door too.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 am

bda wrote:I use adderall, because I'm prescribed it--have been since 5th grade. I don't take it everyday when I don't need to study or focus on work (i.e., on the weekends or during summers) because the side effects are VICIOUS. However, I have never had to pee more because of it. In fact, when I take my medication, I typically forget to drink/eat at regular intervals.

Your lol at sincerely needing it comment is just straight up rude and uncalled for. Just because you're not affected by something doesn't mean it's not real. Hope your negative attitude doesn't bring you bad karma.
Lol is that a threat karma police?

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 am

bda wrote:I use adderall, because I'm prescribed it--have been since 5th grade. I don't take it everyday when I don't need to study or focus on work (i.e., on the weekends or during summers) because the side effects are VICIOUS. However, I have never had to pee more because of it. In fact, when I take my medication, I typically forget to drink/eat at regular intervals.

I use adderall too and have a prescription. How is this relevant?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:15 am

If I had to guess, the every 20 minute, up and down person probably wasn't popping pills or peeing. They were probably cheating. If you're going into the bathroom that much, you either have a condition or you're checking the index cards you have shoved in your underwear.

I don't know how you could have competently completed that exam while leaving your seat that much though. Even if you have the law down cold, some of those questions are written in such a way as to lead you to one answer until the last couple of facts, where they switch it up completely. If I didn't take the time to slow it down and read carefully. I'm not sure I would have had any chance of passing.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:18 am

dans1006 wrote:If I had to guess, the every 20 minute, up and down person probably wasn't popping pills or peeing. They were probably cheating. If you're going into the bathroom that much, you either have a condition or you're checking the index cards you have shoved in your underwear.

I don't know how you could have competently completed that exam while leaving your seat that much though. Even if you have the law down cold, some of those questions are written in such a way as to lead you to one answer until the last couple of facts, where they switch it up completely. If I didn't take the time to slow it down and read carefully. I'm not sure I would have had any chance of passing.
They had the pills out in little bags in their pockets like dime bags. Someone was selling it or giving out tiny bags or something because they all had the same design color.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:29 am

are you mad about people using adderall, or just people who aren't prescribed it using it?

grixxlybear99

Bronze

Post by grixxlybear99 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 am

TLS is insufferable. Fraudulently obtaining prescriptions for Adderall and illegal use of Adderall is rampant in law school, even at T14 schools (and even more so at TTTT's). (See also http://abovethelaw.com/2016/11/law-stud ... le-secret/; http://www.law.com/sites/almstaff/2016/ ... 0627092751; https://bol.bna.com/is-more-than-50-of- ... -on-drugs/). I do not understand how the hive will reprimand this OP because of his annoyance with illegality, while at the same time reprimanding persons who act unlawfully. You can't abstain from cake and eat it too.

When I took the bar, I noticed how often the same people around me - again, like 5 or 6 times per 4 hour section - were getting up to use the restroom. I was not annoyed by it, but it's blatantly obvious/disrupt-ful and I don't think there is anything wrong with someone who is annoyed by unlawful activity.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 am

cats wrote:

That was a response to the "isn't any of your business frankly" snark. Notice how I used "frankly."
Still pointless ad hominem. Still a waste of energy to worry about this.

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 am

cats wrote:
dans1006 wrote:If I had to guess, the every 20 minute, up and down person probably wasn't popping pills or peeing. They were probably cheating. If you're going into the bathroom that much, you either have a condition or you're checking the index cards you have shoved in your underwear.

They had the pills out in little bags in their pockets like dime bags. Someone was selling it or giving out tiny bags or something because they all had the same design color.
I don't know. I'm just saying... I've never taken adderal, but unless it would make me read 3 times faster, I simply couldn't have afforded to take more than one very brief break. But maybe you all are just much faster than I am.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:38 am

dans1006 wrote:
cats wrote:

I don't know. I'm just saying... I've never taken adderal, but unless it would make me read 3 times faster, I simply couldn't have afforded to take more than one very brief break. But maybe you all are just much faster than I am.
The secret is peeing out everything in your body for several hours before the exam. I mean everything. So much that your pee is syrup. Hide everything you own that makes noise or has text other than MBE questions and gradually increase your dose as you do a deep dive into a set of repeating rule lists and flashcards. Then right before you go into the exam take some provigil to clear the fog. You'll easily spit out answers to obscure points of law like a literal robot.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:46 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:

Still pointless ad hominem. Still a waste of energy to worry about this.
That's not what ad hominem means. I was mocking his snark with snark

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”