What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cats

New

What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:59 am

Some people online are saying you can pass the California bar in 100 hours or less. Is this even possible?
Like this guy: http://blakemasters.com/post/3711346829 ... -100-hours

Stalemated

New

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Post by Stalemated » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:02 am

I spent about four weeks studying, and I feel pretty good about it. Combo of self-study, Kaplan 3-day, MEE one-sheets and Adaptibar.

BARBRI's MBE prep was terrible this year, from what I've heard.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:08 am

Stalemated wrote:I spent about four weeks studying, and I feel pretty good about it. Combo of self-study, Kaplan 3-day, MEE one-sheets and Adaptibar.

BARBRI's MBE prep was terrible this year, from what I've heard.
Barbri didn't even seem like the same test. Topics, formatting and everything else were all different.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:29 am

Everyone got wacked, now it seems like bar examiners rebellion against prep companies.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:35 am

hockeyman969 wrote:Everyone got wacked, now it seems like bar examiners rebellion against prep companies.
Cr. This will probably be the end for Barbri. They still can't get their study apps to work on some platforms and lol at navigating their maze of a site. Plus all their lectures and outlines are being pirated all over google. At least they gave me a "discount" after haggling with a mindless student bar rep.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

esq

Silver

Post by esq » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:11 am

You can study 0 hours and score median. Will you? Probably not. But it is within the range of possibility. I hope that provides a concrete answer for what can happen.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:13 am

esq wrote:You can study 0 hours and score median. Will you? Probably not. But it is within the range of possibility. I hope that provides a concrete answer for what can happen.
favorited

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 am

Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Every year those people pass the bar without any problems.

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.
Yeah I know but their predictions were hilariously off this year. Like literally out of format and backwards. If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't give them a hard time about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:43 am

cats wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Yeah I know but their predictions were hilariously off this year. Like literally out of format and backwards. If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't give them a hard time about it.

It's expensive because you're paying for those lectures and their precious time to stand there and bore you. If you studied the CMR and did MBEs you'll be okay! I felt like barbri underprepared me too and I passed, you will too.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 am

cnk1220 wrote:
cats wrote:

It's expensive because you're paying for those lectures and their precious time to stand there and bore you. If you studied the CMR and did MBEs you'll be okay! I felt like barbri underprepared me too and I passed, you will too.
CMR is really all you need and they know this. hence the 300 book deposit on stuff you can print off barbri. com except for the CMR.
unless i missed something
would really have enjoyed a CMR pdf to print by topic

jdk

New

Post by jdk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 am

hockeyman969 wrote:Everyone got wacked, now it seems like bar examiners rebellion against prep companies.
I have a feeling it's more a reinforcement of the barriers to practice in order to make up for lagging law school admissions standards. The NCBE claims it's not a conscious effort...whether you buy that is up to you.
“If you have a low LSAT score, you are more likely to have a low MBE score when you emerge from law school and take the bar exam,” says Erica Moeser, president and CEO of the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
Last edited by jdk on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

TooMuchTuna

Silver

Post by TooMuchTuna » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 am

I wish this could be stickied. After EVVVVVVVVVVERY bar exam people run around saying how awful their bar prep course was because it didn't prepare them. Then, the vast majority find out they passed and they concede that maybe the prep course wasn't too terrible.

I admit that I was one of those people. I thought Barbri sucked. Then I passed. Then I realized maybe Barbri wasn't so terrible.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 am

jdk wrote:
I have a feeling it's more a reinforcement of the barriers to practice in order to make up for lagging law school admissions standards. The NCBE claims it's not a conscious effort...whether you buy that is up to you.
“If you have a low LSAT score, you are more likely to have a low MBE score when you emerge from law school and take the bar exam,” says Erica Moeser, president and CEO of the National Conference of Bar Examiners.

lol surprise low iq equals bad scores

CAnow

New

Post by CAnow » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 am

cats wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
cats wrote:

CMR is really all you need and they know this. hence the 300 book deposit on stuff you can print off barbri. com except for the CMR.
unless i missed something
would really have enjoyed a CMR pdf to print by topic

Tear out the pages of the CMR, run it through a scanner, and... voila. There's a project to work on between now and February.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:01 am

TooMuchTuna wrote:

I wish this could be stickied. After EVVVVVVVVVVERY bar exam people run around saying how awful their bar prep course was because it didn't prepare them. Then, the vast majority find out they passed and they concede that maybe the prep course wasn't too terrible.

I admit that I was one of those people. I thought Barbri sucked. Then I passed. Then I realized maybe Barbri wasn't so terrible.
If i pass i'll drop this whole thing. will probably never poast online again. Barbri free to keep scam rolling

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 am

CAnow wrote:
Tear out the pages of the CMR, run it through a scanner, and... voila. There's a project to work on between now and February.
can you return books like that?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TooMuchTuna

Silver

Post by TooMuchTuna » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 am

cats wrote:
If i pass i'll drop this whole thing. will probably never poast online again. Barbri free to keep scam rolling
Of course you will. Just like everyone else who has come before you.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:21 am

TooMuchTuna wrote:
cats wrote:
Of course you will. Just like everyone else who has come before you.
Fuck i'm seriously about to call the police

Law&coffee

New

Post by Law&coffee » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:36 pm

It depends on the person. There are a lot of different factors that go into the amount of time you need to study for the MBE.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”