Good Luck July Exam Takers! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cnk1220

Silver

Good Luck July Exam Takers!

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Hey ya'll

Just some words of advise: As someone who took the bar for the first/only time (thank god) in Feb. I was completely nervous/didn't sleep/eat the night before/morning of and totally thought I was going to fail. I passed comfortably and you will too!

-You know much more than you think- and you will realize that when you get to the exam, and start seeing familiar things, type incredibly fast, go into blackout mode, and then boom it's over.

-You will likely only remember those MBE questions that stumped you, but forget the ones you easily answered and moved on, as our brains are wired like this! There are 25 experimental so don't get too hung-up on one question that seems confusing/hard when it could not even count as every MBE Q is worth the same!

-There is a bold/underline function in your exam software for MEE/MPTs. Use it to bold/underline buzz words and make them stand out. There's also a copy/paste function too which will come in handy instead of retyping.

-Monitor your time, 30 mins. per MEE, 90 mins. per MPT. Force yourself to move on or you will lose points on parts of essays/MPTs you do know.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam next week!

NYC2012

Bronze

Re: Good Luck July Exam Takers!

Post by NYC2012 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Thank you for this <3

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank you!

Halp

Bronze

Post by Halp » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Thank you! :)

esrom55

Bronze

Post by esrom55 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanks, and thanks for all your help/advice/input this summer!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:46 am

Thank you, also for your help!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Best of Luck July Takers....

I'll add one more thing... do not go on TLS during or immediately after the Bar Exam. It'll most likely just cause additional stress/ anxiety. Take some time off from here, and do your best ( once the exam is totally complete) to forget about the law for awhile. ( believe me, once you pass and are admitted, you will have plenty of time to think about/ agonize over little nuances/ minutia of the law)

Trust your studying and preparation. Good luck!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Asroma wrote:Thank you, also for your help!

Welcome everyone! Happy to help :)

NB12017

New

Post by NB12017 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 am

cnk1220 wrote:
-There is a bold/underline function in your exam software for MEE/MPTs. Use it to bold/underline buzz words and make them stand out.
Hey CNK. Thanks for your input throughout this cycle. No offense intended, but are you sure about this approach? It seems like one that could be received as being somewhat...obnoxious? Especially if it's 10 or so underline words or passages in a 1-1.5 page answer.

I haven't been psyching myself out and I've made the most of the last few days, but the most bizarre occurrence is randomly remembering some concept of law that I haven't reviewed in a while.

Question. When this is over, say Wednesday after the exam, what's the best way to move on? This has been my life for the last two months. In a really perverse, Stockholm syndrome kind of way, I might even say that it has been "fun." And if I'm being honest, this will be more than just an end to bar review. In a way, this has felt like an extended finals period. Same work ethic. Same drive. Same professionally accepted/normalized neuroticism. Wednesday/Thursday will be the end of a lot more than just intense study. What's the best way to embrace that? Aside from putting books away, deleting apps, and, well, not visiting this site?

ETA: Sorry, one addition question. How much studying tomorrow (and Tuesday night) is a good idea? Any specific approaches? Proximity to the exam isn't messing with my head like it is some people (no judgment), but I could definitely wear myself out. And since we can't bring caffeine into the exam room, that might pose a big problem. Practice questions seem like a really idea for exposing myself to a lot minor concepts at the last minute, but maybe not the day before the written component. Again, I ask because I'm not letting this get to me, but I don't think those folks suggesting "take the weekend off" are living in the real world. Frankly, I have a small outline that I plan to study during the lunch breaks, too. Maybe that's going too far. IDK. Thanks again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Futuregohan14

Bronze

Post by Futuregohan14 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:31 pm

NB12017 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
-There is a bold/underline function in your exam software for MEE/MPTs. Use it to bold/underline buzz words and make them stand out.
Hey CNK. Thanks for your input throughout this cycle. No offense intended, but are you sure about this approach? It seems like one that could be received as being somewhat...obnoxious? Especially if it's 10 or so underline words or passages in a 1-1.5 page answer.

I haven't been psyching myself out and I've made the most of the last few days, but the most bizarre occurrence is randomly remembering some concept of law that I haven't reviewed in a while.

Question. When this is over, say Wednesday after the exam, what's the best way to move on? This has been my life for the last two months. In a really perverse, Stockholm syndrome kind of way, I might even say that it has been "fun." And if I'm being honest, this will be more than just an end to bar review. In a way, this has felt like an extended finals period. Same work ethic. Same drive. Same professionally accepted/normalized neuroticism. Wednesday/Thursday will be the end of a lot more than just intense study. What's the best way to embrace that? Aside from putting books away, deleting apps, and, well, not visiting this site?

ETA: Sorry, one addition question. How much studying tomorrow (and Tuesday night) is a good idea? Any specific approaches? Proximity to the exam isn't messing with my head like it is some people (no judgment), but I could definitely wear myself out. And since we can't bring caffeine into the exam room, that might pose a big problem. Practice questions seem like a really idea for exposing myself to a lot minor concepts at the last minute, but maybe not the day before the written component. Again, I ask because I'm not letting this get to me, but I don't think those folks suggesting "take the weekend off" are living in the real world. Frankly, I have a small outline that I plan to study during the lunch breaks, too. Maybe that's going too far. IDK. Thanks again.
Wow. I think I've finally witnessed peak TLS.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:
NB12017 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

Wow. I think I've finally witnessed peak TLS.

Idk if it would be perceived as obnoxious- maybe not 10, but a few bold/underlined words could help, I think it did for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”