NCBE OPE 4 scaled score Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
inyoureyes89

New

NCBE OPE 4 scaled score

Post by inyoureyes89 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:55 pm

I just took NCBE's OPE exam 4 and was wondering where I could find a simulated "scaled" score. I noticed people were getting scaled scores from the earlier exams. Does anyone know where this is/if it's available? I only got a raw % correct and a report of correct/incorrect answers.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Re: NCBE OPE 4 scaled score

Post by PourMeTea » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:30 pm

looks like they changed it:
Updates to the MBE Online Practice Exam (OPE) products
A number of the questions and explanations in OPE 3 and OPE 4 have been updated for clarity, consistency, and style. Similar updates were made to OPE 1 and OPE 2 in 2014. In addition, score reports for each of the MBE OPEs have been modified to reflect the percentage of questions answered correctly (the total and by subject area).
http://www.ncbex.org/news/mbe-ope-updates/

JurorEight

New

Post by JurorEight » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:33 pm

I took all four OPEs and thought OPE 4 was way more difficult than the other 3. I got 63/100 on OPE 4, and at least 70/100 or better (but nothing better than 75/100) on the other 3.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:28 pm

JurorEight wrote:I took all four OPEs and thought OPE 4 was way more difficult than the other 3. I got 63/100 on OPE 4, and at least 70/100 or better (but nothing better than 75/100) on the other 3.
If you don't mind me asking, how did your actual performance on the MBE compare to your scores on the OPE? I took OPE 4 and got 94/100 and OPE 3 and got 89/100. What I don't know is how people are faring on the actual test in comparison to their raw scores on the OPE.

Houstonttt

New

Post by Houstonttt » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:59 pm

Smiddywesson wrote:
JurorEight wrote:I took all four OPEs and thought OPE 4 was way more difficult than the other 3. I got 63/100 on OPE 4, and at least 70/100 or better (but nothing better than 75/100) on the other 3.
If you don't mind me asking, how did your actual performance on the MBE compare to your scores on the OPE? I took OPE 4 and got 94/100 and OPE 3 and got 89/100. What I don't know is how people are faring on the actual test in comparison to their raw scores on the OPE.
LoL same question, I felt horrible during mbe
Like was guessing in 80% :(

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:53 pm

inyoureyes89 wrote:I just took NCBE's OPE exam 4 and was wondering where I could find a simulated "scaled" score. I noticed people were getting scaled scores from the earlier exams. Does anyone know where this is/if it's available? I only got a raw % correct and a report of correct/incorrect answers.
The scaling is overly complicated and you never get a clear answer because of all the variables involved that always change during each administration (and are not revealed to the public). But if you want to roughly estimate your scaled score based on the little and outdated charts that NCBE released, just add 15 points to your raw score. That's usually true around the "passing range" but the higher your score, the less scaled points you get. The lower the score, the more scaled points you get. That also explains why a lot of people fail just by a "few" points. Those last few points are the hardest ones.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”