Read answers before questions on MBE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
stannis

Silver

Read answers before questions on MBE?

Post by stannis » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Do any of you read the answers before the questions on the MBE?

I started doing this for questions with longer fact patterns and I've found it to be helpful.

BulletTooth

Bronze

Re: Read answers before questions on MBE?

Post by BulletTooth » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:19 pm

I've done it for some of the questions based on the call of the question. Usually when the call tells you what the cause of action is, you can bounce a couple of the wrong answers immediately. For instance, if the call tells you it's a strict liability CoA, you could bounce all the answers that use negligence explanations.

I don't know how helpful it is in the long run, and I'm sure that it depends on personal preference.

jdk

New

Post by jdk » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 pm

1. read the call

2. skim the answers

3. read the facts

you need to read the facts with a "relevance filter;" relevant information is determined entirely by the call and the available answers.

Tiredbuthappyitsover

New

Post by Tiredbuthappyitsover » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Personally, I do the following:

1. Read the call of the question

2. Read fact pattern

3. Read answer choices

Works for me well. I know what subject I'm in with the call, but then I still read the fact pattern without being distracted by the answer choices (some of which are tricky as hell). Gives me a chance to "predict" the correct answer before viewing the choices too.

jdk

New

Post by jdk » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Tiredbuthappyitsover wrote: I still read the fact pattern without being distracted by the answer choices (some of which are tricky as hell). Gives me a chance to "predict" the correct answer before viewing the choices too.
True. This is why I merely skim the answer choices...essentially just scanning for key words or concepts. This is especially helpful if the call is vague ("Will plaintiff prevail in her claim?").

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:28 pm

jdk wrote:
Tiredbuthappyitsover wrote: I still read the fact pattern without being distracted by the answer choices (some of which are tricky as hell). Gives me a chance to "predict" the correct answer before viewing the choices too.
True. This is why I merely skim the answer choices...essentially just scanning for key words or concepts. This is especially helpful if the call is vague ("Will plaintiff prevail in her claim?").
Yeah I pretty much do what Tiredbuthappy does unless I need to look at the answer choices to determine the subject matter. I then also sometimes read the end of the question first if there's important info at the end like a recording act or the type of comparative/contributory negligence.

runinthefront

Gold

Post removed...

Post by runinthefront » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Post removed...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”