What is Your Percentage Completion? (Barbri) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

What is Your Percentage Completion? (Barbri)

On Pace (~82%)
38%
Right behind (75%-80%)
23%
A little further back (65%-74%)
18%
Getting there (55%-64%)
10%
I got this (45%-54%)
5%
Just getting warmed up (30-44%)
4%
Um...its the summer... (0%)
2%

Total votes: 96

SowhatsNU

Bronze

What is Your Percentage Completion? (Barbri)

Post by SowhatsNU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Just thought I'd make this to kind of get a sense if that many people are really on pace.

Crazy how the test is in a couple days, but Barbri is still only 80% done- like they're going to cram a fifth of the course into four days???
Last edited by SowhatsNU on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t-14orbust

Gold

Re: What is Your Percentage Completion? (Barbri)

Post by t-14orbust » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm

I'm around 70% but that's because I clicked complete on every essay analysis video (didn't watch any), the MBE Refreshers/videos, mbe question sets past set 3 (got adaptibar and did all 1750 questions and am reviewing my ~450 errors).

Sheldon44

New

Post by Sheldon44 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:05 pm

I am between 65%-80%. Not more than that.

WestWingWatcher

Bronze

Post by WestWingWatcher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Is there an option to add any more options? I think the ranges are too wide to show anything interesting

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:25 pm

I'd be happy to add more options! Any suggestions?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WestWingWatcher

Bronze

Post by WestWingWatcher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:I'd be happy to add more options! Any suggestions?
I was just thinking narrower number ranges near the higher completion. I'm guessing a lot portion of this board is within 25% of on pace, so the seeing a few options in that chunk might provide interesting info.

Note my continued use of interesting, rather than helpful... but I'm always interested in making distractions more interesting :lol:

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 pm

WestWingWatcher wrote:
SowhatsNU wrote:I'd be happy to add more options! Any suggestions?
I was just thinking narrower number ranges near the higher completion. I'm guessing a lot portion of this board is within 25% of on pace, so the seeing a few options in that chunk might provide interesting info.

Note my continued use of interesting, rather than helpful... but I'm always interested in making distractions more interesting :lol:
edited!

thisisxael

New

Post by thisisxael » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 pm

barbri has assigned 88% for me. it's amazing to me that other people are less, we started two weeks late because of the quarter system as it is

eta: im at 86%, but idt that means anything when barbri can't make up its mind what 1% of work is
Last edited by thisisxael on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Fwiw I was a Barbri rep and my director said 75% is the magic number to try and hit. He did also say that with the caveat that Barbri is designed for the lowest common denominator so he may have been implying that people at lower ranked schools should finish the entire program.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Halp

Bronze

Post by Halp » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 am

:lol: :lol: This is my thread I already made...

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 am

54 checking in

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:13 am

Looking at the poll I think I vastly underestimated how hard people grind for this test...like wasn't it supposed to be like bare minimum skillz?

Not knocking those who studied (obviously- I feel like an idiot for not keeping pace), just saying it's crazy how dramatic my misconception was

(Also since the national average is purportedly like 55%)

Futuregohan14

Bronze

Post by Futuregohan14 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:08 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:Looking at the poll I think I vastly underestimated how hard people grind for this test...like wasn't it supposed to be like bare minimum skillz?

Not knocking those who studied (obviously- I feel like an idiot for not keeping pace), just saying it's crazy how dramatic my misconception was

No, you did not vastly underestimate how hard people grind for this test. You vastly underestimated how hard TLSers grind for this test. TLSers are not a representative sample. The fact that the majority of responses to this poll claim 75%+ completion even though we have it on very good authority from Barbri that the average completion rate at this point is about 20 points lower than that should tell you all you need to know.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Brian_Wildcat

New

Post by Brian_Wildcat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:
SowhatsNU wrote:Looking at the poll I think I vastly underestimated how hard people grind for this test...like wasn't it supposed to be like bare minimum skillz?

No, you did not vastly underestimate how hard people grind for this test. You vastly underestimated how hard TLSers grind for this test. TLSers are not a representative sample. The fact that the majority of responses to this poll claim 75%+ completion even though we have it on very good authority from Barbri that the average completion rate at this point is about 20 points lower than that should tell you all you need to know.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:

egregious ox callout

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:20 pm

I think I ended last year at about 60% completion, and I passed with a score way above average on the MBE. A lot of people don't get any where near finishing the course and do just fine!

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Thanks guys!

This is making me feel slightly less discouraged, and I really appreciate it

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

omar.comin

New

Post by omar.comin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:22 pm

This chart is stressful and bad

thisisxael

New

Post by thisisxael » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:29 pm

maybe tls, in addition to being stocked with neurotic sheep, and in addition to response bias, has more people taking DE/CA/bars you actually have to study to pass than average

rahulg91

Bronze

Post by rahulg91 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:43 pm

omar.comin wrote:This chart is stressful and bad

nenydcusc

New

Post by nenydcusc » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:32 pm

For Barbri, is the average completion % they list for people doing barbri in your state or for people doing barbri nation-wide?

thisisxael

New

Post by thisisxael » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:15 pm

nenydcusc wrote:For Barbri, is the average completion % they list for people doing barbri in your state or for people doing barbri nation-wide?
i'm p sure it's the average % of people doing your program. so if you are doing UBE, it'll be a lot of people, if you are doing like, delaware, it'll be fewer.

i was originally signed up for the regular CA schedule and then switched to the one specific for the quarter system, and all the percentages adjusted accordingly. none of them moved on the day of graduation. it's weird because there's maybe 20 people at most doing barbri in CA on this schedule and they all go to my school, ofc, so it's like a weird insight into my classmates study habits

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”