Foreign Trained LLM and NY admission Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LatinLawyer

New

Foreign Trained LLM and NY admission

Post by LatinLawyer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Is anyone familiar with this type of application? I went to law school abroad and did my LLM in the US. I sat for the NY bar and passed. I've submitted my application for admission (C&F, employment, etc.) and I am only missing the NYLE right now. I am however extremely worried about a "minor" detail and I read and read the rules and believe I'm ok but want to hear from others here with perhaps more experience.

I am not a lawyer in my home country, I just graduated from law school. Will I get asked whether I am a lawyer elsewhere in the interview? I disclosed in the application that I've never applied for another bar or been admitted to practice law anywhere else. I hope this is not a problem. The rule is for foreign trained not for foreign admitted lawyers (as is in other states), correct?

Thanks!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”