Studicata Attack Outlines vs. MEE One-Sheets Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Southpaw89

New

Studicata Attack Outlines vs. MEE One-Sheets

Post by Southpaw89 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:44 pm

For those that have seen the Studicata Attack Outlines and the MEE One-Sheets, which ones would you prefer?

msummer

New

Re: Studicata Attack Outlines vs. MEE One-Sheets

Post by msummer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 pm

I have 20% discount code for Studicata.
If you are interested you can use the code "MS1109"

Southpaw89

New

Post by Southpaw89 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 am

msummer wrote:I have 20% discount code for Studicata.
If you are interested you can use the code "MS1109"
Thanks! How do you like it?

msummer

New

Post by msummer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 am

They look very convenient to study from them. They are detailed enough but not too much.
I found 2 main difference B/w them: Studica's sheet does not include the past appearance of each rule while MEE one sheet does. Also, it seems that MEE one sheet teaches you when to apply the rule while Studicata doesn't.
However, Studicata were more affordable for me than MEE one sheet, especially after paying for Barbri and Critical Pass, and this is the main reason why I preferred Studicata over Mee one sheet.

jtom195

New

Post by jtom195 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:26 pm

msummer wrote:They look very convenient to study from them. They are detailed enough but not too much.
I found 2 main difference B/w them: Studica's sheet does not include the past appearance of each rule while MEE one sheet does. Also, it seems that MEE one sheet teaches you when to apply the rule while Studicata doesn't.
However, Studicata were more affordable for me than MEE one sheet, especially after paying for Barbri and Critical Pass, and this is the main reason why I preferred Studicata over Mee one sheet.
I agree. I purchased Studicata back in May because of the price (especially with all the discount codes floating around on here, its a high-value buy). Their attack outlines include rule appearance rates (sample from their site: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/b4e8db_3 ... dddf39.pdf), but their summary pages do not - I think this is what you are referring to. In my opinion, the best thing about Studicata is their format and design - the way their outlines are organized with colors and graphics makes it very easy to read. Most of the other materials I have seen use a lot of short-hand and abbreviations and lack a certain neatness in their format. However, the down-side of Studicata is that everything is really condensed. I have to use it as a supplement to my big prep materials - I don't think it could be a stand-alone product. Also, there's not many examples or issue-spotting tips like some of the other materials include - its more focused on black-letter law. Honestly, I think both one-sheets and Studicata are high-quality. They both have a ton of positive feedback, just depends on what you're looking for I suppose.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

saltystudent

New

Post by saltystudent » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 am

jtom195 wrote:
msummer wrote:They look very convenient to study from them. They are detailed enough but not too much.
I agree. I purchased Studicata back in May because of the price (especially with all the discount codes floating around on here, its a high-value buy). Their attack outlines include rule appearance rates (sample from their site: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/b4e8db_3 ... dddf39.pdf), but their summary pages do not - I think this is what you are referring to. In my opinion, the best thing about Studicata is their format and design - the way their outlines are organized with colors and graphics makes it very easy to read. Most of the other materials I have seen use a lot of short-hand and abbreviations and lack a certain neatness in their format. However, the down-side of Studicata is that everything is really condensed. I have to use it as a supplement to my big prep materials - I don't think it could be a stand-alone product. Also, there's not many examples or issue-spotting tips like some of the other materials include - its more focused on black-letter law. Honestly, I think both one-sheets and Studicata are high-quality. They both have a ton of positive feedback, just depends on what you're looking for I suppose.
With 2 weeks left, do you think there is enough time left to get through these types of supplemental materials? I'm really confident for the MBE, but I think I could use some extra help on the MEE topics.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:38 am

saltystudent wrote:
jtom195 wrote:
With 2 weeks left, do you think there is enough time left to get through these types of supplemental materials? I'm really confident for the MBE, but I think I could use some extra help on the MEE topics.
I'm using studicata and I think so.

They are really just condensed versions of the barbri/themis, etc material that you already have. Very helpful for memorization and prioritization.

That said, I don't think they will be a saving grace by any means, more of helpful tool to focus the studying you will already be doing over the next two weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”