Barbri Contract Percentiles Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Ravenclaw23

New

Barbri Contract Percentiles

Post by Ravenclaw23 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:20 am

My barbri study smart tab still doesn't show my percentiles for contracts (it shows percentiles for every other subject I've completed). (I'm taking in Washington state & just did contracts last week). Is there a reason for this? Does anyone else have this too, or should I be emailing barbri to find out why?
Last edited by Ravenclaw23 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrWhitman

New

Re: Barbri Contract Percentiles

Post by MrWhitman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:21 am

Ravenclaw23 wrote:My barbri study smart tab still doesn't show my percentiles for contracts (it shows percentiles for every other subject I've completed). Is there a reason for this? Does anyone else have this too, or should I be emailing barbri to find out why?
Did you take a contracts test this week?

Bobby_Axelrod

New

Post by Bobby_Axelrod » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:24 am

Yeah, I'm having a similar issue with the "My Progress" page. It's not showing my percentiles for any topic during the week of 6/19-6/25.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:03 am

Guessing we did the topics in a different order, but I'm having same issue for real property. Have taken 3 MPQs and no percentile numbers.

(Illinois)

Ravenclaw23

New

Post by Ravenclaw23 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:41 am

MrWhitman wrote:
Ravenclaw23 wrote:My barbri study smart tab still doesn't show my percentiles for contracts (it shows percentiles for every other subject I've completed). Is there a reason for this? Does anyone else have this too, or should I be emailing barbri to find out why?
Did you take a contracts test this week?
I did -- I started contracts this week & did four MPQs. I just emailed barbri tech support to find out what is going on.

Thanks all!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Southpaw89

New

Post by Southpaw89 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Illinois folks just had Contracts lecture(s), so we haven't even done any MPQ's yet.

MrWhitman

New

Post by MrWhitman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm

The percentiles are up for me now in NY. They weren't earlier.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Southpaw89 wrote:Illinois folks just had Contracts lecture(s), so we haven't even done any MPQ's yet.
Yes, but we had Real Property (in same sequence they are describing) and no percentiles up -- at least for me.

bballbb02

New

Post by bballbb02 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:07 pm

Do the normal percentile ranks, not the study smart ranks, only take into account scores you answered in the mpq book and not study smart questions? Bc I have study smart queston sets that are not factored into my percent correct or perentile ranks

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

omar.comin

New

Post by omar.comin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:32 pm

While we're on this subject, how accurate do you guys think the percentiles are? My average percent correct is in a generally in the 60s, with a few in the low 70s... and apparently this can place me as high as the 90th percentile in crim law/crim pro and generally within the 70th percentile for other subjects. This seems a little high, doesn't it? FWIW, my adaptibar correct percentage is 66%, which is pretty close to how well everyone else is doing, so I'm wondering whether Barbri's percentiles are really that accurate.

bballbb02

New

Post by bballbb02 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:36 pm

I am starting to think the percentiles are skewed based in when you did the sets, so if you do the sets during a week with smarter people your percentile is lower and vice versa which makes me want to rely on the study smart percentile's more because that is cumulative and not based off one week like the ranks are on the psp..so if you enter your scores a week late it can mess up the psp ranks and put you at a lower or higher rank and scare you or give you false security

bballbb02

New

Post by bballbb02 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:39 pm

bballbb02 wrote:I am starting to think the percentiles are skewed based in when you did the sets, so if you do the sets during a week with smarter people your percentile is lower and vice versa which makes me want to rely on the study smart percentile's more because that is cumulative and not based off one week like the ranks are on the psp..so if you enter your scores a week late it can mess up the psp ranks and put you at a lower or higher rank and scare you or give you false security

Further I do not think it is prudent to judge your rank in one week especially if there was only one set that week and your whole percentile is off 1 set.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 pm

omar.comin wrote:While we're on this subject, how accurate do you guys think the percentiles are? My average percent correct is in a generally in the 60s, with a few in the low 70s... and apparently this can place me as high as the 90th percentile in crim law/crim pro and generally within the 70th percentile for other subjects. This seems a little high, doesn't it? FWIW, my adaptibar correct percentage is 66%, which is pretty close to how well everyone else is doing, so I'm wondering whether Barbri's percentiles are really that accurate.
Where are you getting bolded info from? Not doubting it at all - just wondering. I have very similar scores (barbri and Adaptibar) so am very happy to see this.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

omar.comin

New

Post by omar.comin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:35 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:
omar.comin wrote:While we're on this subject, how accurate do you guys think the percentiles are? My average percent correct is in a generally in the 60s, with a few in the low 70s... and apparently this can place me as high as the 90th percentile in crim law/crim pro and generally within the 70th percentile for other subjects. This seems a little high, doesn't it? FWIW, my adaptibar correct percentage is 66%, which is pretty close to how well everyone else is doing, so I'm wondering whether Barbri's percentiles are really that accurate.
Where are you getting bolded info from? Not doubting it at all - just wondering. I have very similar scores (barbri and Adaptibar) so am very happy to see this.
It's just Barbri's percentile ranking thing. You click the odometer-looking symbol next to the home icon on the top right of the page after you sign in. The percentile displays are on the bar graph.

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 pm

Speaking of percentiles, can we assume that if you're scoring in the 50th percentile or higher, you're going to pass? Seems like a reasonable assumption..

Babum

Bronze

Post by Babum » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am

TheJanitor6203 wrote:Speaking of percentiles, can we assume that if you're scoring in the 50th percentile or higher, you're going to pass? Seems like a reasonable assumption..
I believe they said 60 to be safe. Rest assured, everyone has failed their fair share of studysmart questions.

Futuregohan14

Bronze

Post by Futuregohan14 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Babum wrote:
TheJanitor6203 wrote:Speaking of percentiles, can we assume that if you're scoring in the 50th percentile or higher, you're going to pass? Seems like a reasonable assumption..
I believe they said 60 to be safe. Rest assured, everyone has failed their fair share of studysmart questions.
"Your goal in each topic and sub-topic is to be in the 30th or 40th percentile or higher"

[youtube]J2B6OsH6wz4[/youtube]

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nenydcusc

New

Post by nenydcusc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:
Babum wrote:
"Your goal in each topic and sub-topic is to be in the 30th or 40th percentile or higher"
Typical Barbri. Mike tells us in the beginning that percentile ranking compares you to everyone taking barbri in your state...then later in the video while showing the MPQ percentile graphs he says the percentile ranking represents your performance compared to all barbri students in the nation. So which one is it?

Futuregohan14

Bronze

Post by Futuregohan14 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:53 pm

nenydcusc wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:
Babum wrote:
Typical Barbri. Mike tells us in the beginning that percentile ranking compares you to everyone taking barbri in your state...then later in the video while showing the MPQ percentile graphs he says the percentile ranking represents your performance compared to all barbri students in the nation. So which one is it?
That's explained here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=279084

The distinction isn't that important anyway. If you're in the 30th/40th percentile nationally, your ranking in state will be close to that. The state pools aren't that unrepresentative of the national norms.

nenydcusc

New

Post by nenydcusc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:That's explained here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=279084

The distinction isn't that important anyway. If you're in the 30th/40th percentile nationally, your ranking in state will be close to that. The state pools aren't that unrepresentative of the national norms.
much appreciated. Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”