Barbri Simulated MBE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bball2017

New

Re: Barbri Simulated MBE

Post by bball2017 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:26 am

Thrive wrote:
DCESQ wrote:
FormerChild wrote:
TheWalrus wrote:Where are you supposed to enter your score?
On your assignments, enter the assignment press continue or w/e and then it'll have a bubble sheet prompt thing and you just enter them there.

I got a 126 and am in the 58% percentile. Just did absolutely terrible on criminal law and civil procedure. I wouldn't be overly concerned for anyone who isn't happy with scores, let the little scare reignite the fire under your a** to finish strong. There's time left and after this test, coupled with percentiles from other practice questions, you've literally got a blueprint of where to focus your attention to improve significantly.
126 for me as well. The analysis page says that scales to a 143 for reference. Seems like a much bigger jump than I've been reading on here.
Well. 126 on the actual MBE that is.
Does anyone know if the 126 they reference as the average raw score on the real MBE is out of 175 or 200? It actually makes a pretty big difference when thinking about what % you need to answer correctly.

bda

New

Post by bda » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:31 am

I got 128 it says that's the 62nd percentile.

Slow Your Roll

New

Post by Slow Your Roll » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:51 am

I got a 116. Definitely worried. I'm not sure how much I should be freaking out at this point.

TheWalrus

Silver

Post by TheWalrus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:58 am

Slow Your Roll wrote:I got a 116. Definitely worried. I'm not sure how much I should be freaking out at this point.
116 is a fine score at this point. 113 was the average last year.

MrWhitman

New

Post by MrWhitman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:07 pm

TheWalrus wrote:
Slow Your Roll wrote:I got a 116. Definitely worried. I'm not sure how much I should be freaking out at this point.
116 is a fine score at this point. 113 was the average last year.
Here's what I'll say to those who scored low or average--
-MOST of your final score will probably be determined by how you treat the next 3.5 weeks
-A SMALL PART of final your score is affected by what you've done so far and be yesterday's practice

So get on it! Stop stressing--we've all taken enough exams to know that it's the last few weeks that matter.

I also echo Walrus. 116 is not a cause for freakout. It is a substantial carrot to carry you through the rest of this studying season.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sk1130

New

Post by sk1130 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:23 pm

Walpot wrote:
sk1130 wrote:Got a 119 on the simulated MBE....feeling very defeated :cry:
What percentile rank does that put you at?
Right now, 46%.

BenjarvusGreenEllis

New

Post by BenjarvusGreenEllis » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:43 pm

158/200 for 97% percentile

What has worked really well for me is going through the study smart MBE review and looking at the questions I got wrong and ones I got right but marked to view later. If I still don't know the answer I mark it to view later. If I know the answer now I uncheck it. I plan on going through all the check marked questions again soon before the actual test.

anonymous092

New

Post by anonymous092 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Anyone know what percentile ranking we should be aiming for in CA?

Empire State of Mind

New

Post by Empire State of Mind » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 pm

anonymous092 wrote:Anyone know what percentile ranking we should be aiming for in CA?
Got a 130/200. How does that workout for California?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheWalrus

Silver

Post by TheWalrus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Does anyone know what Simulated MBE (MSE) Analysis - Individual Question Review (If Needed) for tomorrow is?

anon3030

New

Post by anon3030 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:01 pm

TheWalrus wrote:Does anyone know what Simulated MBE (MSE) Analysis - Individual Question Review (If Needed) for tomorrow is?
There is a link to an old analysis video for each question on the simulated MBE. The ones I randomly checked out where all Chuck from a few years ago. I guess if you did not understand the answer after reading the explanation in the book and watching this year's video, you have one more way to try and get it.

MrWhitman

New

Post by MrWhitman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:53 pm

BenjarvusGreenEllis wrote:158/200 for 97% percentile

What has worked really well for me is going through the study smart MBE review and looking at the questions I got wrong and ones I got right but marked to view later. If I still don't know the answer I mark it to view later. If I know the answer now I uncheck it. I plan on going through all the check marked questions again soon before the actual test.
Wow, had no idea this feature existed. It's sort of hidden.

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:10 pm

How can y'all already see what percentile you are? Mine still says TBD

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheWalrus

Silver

Post by TheWalrus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:11 pm

ConfusedL1 wrote:How can y'all already see what percentile you are? Mine still says TBD
It updates every 24 hrs.

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:15 pm

TheWalrus wrote:
ConfusedL1 wrote:How can y'all already see what percentile you are? Mine still says TBD
It updates every 24 hrs.
EDIT: Nvm. It updates every night.

Southpaw89

New

Post by Southpaw89 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:58 pm

I know someone who got a 70 / 200 on the Barbri simulation and then passed the actual Bar. Not ideal, but that just shows it's possible to improve enough to pass.

BulletTooth

Bronze

Post by BulletTooth » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Southpaw89 wrote:I know someone who got a 70 / 200 on the Barbri simulation and then passed the actual Bar. Not ideal, but that just shows it's possible to improve enough to pass.
Which bar?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Southpaw89

New

Post by Southpaw89 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:07 pm

BulletTooth wrote:
Southpaw89 wrote:I know someone who got a 70 / 200 on the Barbri simulation and then passed the actual Bar. Not ideal, but that just shows it's possible to improve enough to pass.
Which bar?
Illinois

tyrant_flycatcher

Bronze

Post by tyrant_flycatcher » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:46 am

Percentiles changed overnight. Got a 2% bump.

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 am

tyrant_flycatcher wrote:Percentiles changed overnight. Got a 2% bump.
Are people who have taken the sim on track with the PSP? My psp is showing that most people are almost 2 weeks behind the barbri schedule.

nmic

New

Post by nmic » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:04 am

Thrive wrote:
Are people who have taken the sim on track with the PSP? My psp is showing that most people are almost 2 weeks behind the barbri schedule.
I, for one, took the simulated MBE but am behind the PSP because I've switched to Adaptibar instead of doing the MPQs - so I'll never really catch up because I'm not working on their schedule anymore. So that tracker doesn't necessarily mean that the people who are behind the PSP are really behind and won't be taking the simulation or will be taking it whenever they catch up.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tyrant_flycatcher

Bronze

Post by tyrant_flycatcher » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:18 am

nmic wrote:
Thrive wrote:
I, for one, took the simulated MBE but am behind the PSP because I've switched to Adaptibar instead of doing the MPQs - so I'll never really catch up because I'm not working on their schedule anymore. So that tracker doesn't necessarily mean that the people who are behind the PSP are really behind and won't be taking the simulation or will be taking it whenever they catch up.
I would guess that you and others doing Adaptibar, Critical Pass, etc. make a negligible difference.

That said, I don't think most people are really "2 weeks behind." I would guess that most people are either not checking off some of the assignments they've completed or straight-up skipping assignments like "Prepare for Torts Lecture" or "Review Corporations Lecture Notes."

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:05 pm

tyrant_flycatcher wrote:
nmic wrote:
Thrive wrote:
I would guess that you and others doing Adaptibar, Critical Pass, etc. make a negligible difference.

That said, I don't think most people are really "2 weeks behind." I would guess that most people are either not checking off some of the assignments they've completed or straight-up skipping assignments like "Prepare for Torts Lecture" or "Review Corporations Lecture Notes."
Makes sense

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:54 pm

tyrant_flycatcher wrote:
nmic wrote:
Thrive wrote:

Hm, I would disagree. I know many people who didn't start until 1-2 weeks after the Barbri program began, and early on it's pretty hard to sit there for 8-9 hours to complete all of the work assigned. I know plenty of people who are near the Barbri average of 38% completion in NY (where Barbri has already assigned 59% of the work or something like that).
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:27 am

runinthefront wrote:
tyrant_flycatcher wrote:
nmic wrote:
Thrive wrote:

Hm, I would disagree. I know many people who didn't start until 1-2 weeks after the Barbri program began, and early on it's pretty hard to sit there for 8-9 hours to complete all of the work assigned. I know plenty of people who are near the Barbri average of 38% completion in NY (where Barbri has already assigned 59% of the work or something like that).
I know people who skip those assignments (guilty of that here too), but we either mark them as done or discard them, so they wouldn't affect the completion.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”