Barbri Simulated MBE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
TheWalrus

Silver

Re: Barbri Simulated MBE

Post by TheWalrus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:26 pm

2L2Stronk wrote:149/200. Missed half of the constitutional law and evidence questions. Christ.
Lol, I think you're going to be fine.

gingerbread

New

Post by gingerbread » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 pm

165/200. I wasn't planning to watch the accompanying videos, but I'm about half way through the evidence one and it seems pretty helpful. It's kind of like a mini substantive review, rather than just listening to someone read the questions & answers -- way better than the MBE workshop videos, which I thought were a waste of time and ended up skipping.
Last edited by gingerbread on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayDubya

New

Post by JayDubya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Anyone else have any thoughts on the lectures? I wasn't planning spending two days watching those lectures. I was just going to review the ones I got wrong or guessed on and move on.

Scored 141/200 btw.

lakers180

Bronze

Post by lakers180 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:58 pm

did anybody find the afternoon much harder than the morning? I got 85 in the morning but went down to 71 for a total of 156. I think fatigue had a little bit to do with it too was feeling real tired after lunch and kinda felt my eyes glazing over some of the questions in the middle. going to have to do some stamina adaptibar sessions before the real thing i think.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:18 pm

Yea I'm feeling terrible about this 109 raw score I got on this simulated mbe. W/e just gotta keep working on it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 pm

lakers180 wrote:did anybody find the afternoon much harder than the morning? I got 85 in the morning but went down to 71 for a total of 156. I think fatigue had a little bit to do with it too was feeling real tired after lunch and kinda felt my eyes glazing over some of the questions in the middle. going to have to do some stamina adaptibar sessions before the real thing i think.
How was your timing? Did you finish w/ time to spare? If so, consider taking one or two 3-5 minutes break during each section. A friend gave me that advice and it seemed to be very helpful today. Got a 149, but stamina felt good (had never done more than 20 or so questions in a row).

Granted, you still did really well so I wouldn't be too concerned.

WestWingWatcher

Bronze

Post by WestWingWatcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:10 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:
lakers180 wrote:did anybody find the afternoon much harder than the morning? I got 85 in the morning but went down to 71 for a total of 156. I think fatigue had a little bit to do with it too was feeling real tired after lunch and kinda felt my eyes glazing over some of the questions in the middle. going to have to do some stamina adaptibar sessions before the real thing i think.
How was your timing? Did you finish w/ time to spare? If so, consider taking one or two 3-5 minutes break during each section. A friend gave me that advice and it seemed to be very helpful today. Got a 149, but stamina felt good (had never done more than 20 or so questions in a row).

Granted, you still did really well so I wouldn't be too concerned.
Is there a way to tell how you scored in the morning session versus the afternoon session from just entering your sheet into the website? I have my score and the section breakdown, but don't see morning v. afternoon separated anywhere. I'm far too lazy to score the sheet by hand to figure it out.

Re: Burn out: YES. I tend to burn through multiple choices tests super fast b/c I know thinking is my enemy (Adaptibar has me at optimal question time of 44 seconds, which is about on par with life experience in general), but I had serious brain fog near the end of the second session. I was happy with my score, but if there is a way to see if there was a steep decline near the end the that I could curb with a 15 minute break mid session, that would be really helpful.

... Not to mention I am a chronically hydrated person, so I'll probably need a bathroom break anyway.

Young Marino wrote:Yea I'm feeling terrible about this 109 raw score I got on this simulated mbe. W/e just gotta keep working on it
Yeah, there's plenty of time! This is about average for right now, right? Don't let the selection bias of those posting scores get to you :) We still have almost all of July left!

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:15 pm

I went 69 in the morning and 73 in the afternoon. I felt like parts of the afternoon were harder. You have nothing to worry about though. 85/100 is insanely good

mimim8

New

Post by mimim8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:26 pm

Back when I took the MBE I remember getting a 112 in the simulated. I ended up with a 153. My issue was timing and the classes that I missed the most I went back to the Conviser, read it through. Also, I would read the explanations of ALL of my answers, right and wrong ones, and the justification for each choice. My scores steadily increased after that.

For those of you that didn't do very well, there's still so much time to practice! Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:04 am

We have the same exact score and I too felt sleepy after my meal. Hoping that on the real day the adrenaline keeps that from happening

bda

New

Post by bda » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:56 am

I got 128 but my percentiles for each individual subject seem so skewed from what the other indicators of studying are telling me -- I got in the 97th percentile for Torts while my StudySmart percentile for torts is in the 50th percentile. Similarly, I scored in the 34th percentile for Crim while StudySmart has me in the 97th percentile.

I'm unsure how to incorporate this into studying with regards to which subjects to focus on, the one's study smart says I'm bad at or the ones this tests says I'm bad at. Anyone have any insight?

vivala

Bronze

Post by vivala » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:19 am

Are these the final percentiles? My raw score has me way lower than I thought it would based on past averages...

Carson18

New

Post by Carson18 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:47 am

I am seriously in utter shock. I got a 97/200 on the simulated. I guessed on about 8 overall. I'm at or above the 70th percentile with the Barbri practice exams, so I don't know what happened. I did get diagnosed with Strep and the day before and so didn't review. Could that be it? Don't want to make excuses, and feeling terribly defeated. Already have a job with 13 months to pass the bar--but who wants to do all this prep again???

Also, I spent a ton of time making my own flashcarda and still haven't finished. Does anyone have advice on whether I should invest in a Critical Path or other flash cards at this late stage in the game?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Carson18

New

Post by Carson18 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:49 am

vivala wrote:Are these the final percentiles? My raw score has me way lower than I thought it would based on past averages...
I think that it will continue to adjust over the coming few days as more and more people enter their scores.

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:01 am

vivala wrote:Are these the final percentiles? My raw score has me way lower than I thought it would based on past averages...
It's a bit confusing, to be honest. The simulated exam video indicated that the average score was 113 last year (while the response prompt online states that it was 118). The current percentiles would indicate an average score probably in the 120s.

TheWalrus

Silver

Post by TheWalrus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:41 am

Carson18 wrote:
I think that it will continue to adjust over the coming few days as more and more people enter their scores.
This. Most people I know haven't graded there's yet. I know quite a few that are also days behind. Trust the process.

Walpot

New

Post by Walpot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:02 am

sk1130 wrote:Got a 119 on the simulated MBE....feeling very defeated :cry:
What percentile rank does that put you at?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Brian_Wildcat

New

Post by Brian_Wildcat » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:27 am

I got 135 and it says I am in the 73rd percentile at this point.

TheWalrus

Silver

Post by TheWalrus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:50 am

Where are you supposed to enter your score?

Walpot

New

Post by Walpot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:06 am

Brian_Wildcat wrote:I got 135 and it says I am in the 73rd percentile at this point.

Thanks this is helpful! If anyone else could post their percentiles that would be great

lovesthelaw

New

Post by lovesthelaw » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:11 am

I got 153/200 and it is 93rd percentile!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FormerChild

New

Post by FormerChild » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:12 am

TheWalrus wrote:Where are you supposed to enter your score?
On your assignments, enter the assignment press continue or w/e and then it'll have a bubble sheet prompt thing and you just enter them there.

I got a 126 and am in the 58% percentile. Just did absolutely terrible on criminal law and civil procedure. I wouldn't be overly concerned for anyone who isn't happy with scores, let the little scare reignite the fire under your a** to finish strong. There's time left and after this test, coupled with percentiles from other practice questions, you've literally got a blueprint of where to focus your attention to improve significantly.

DCESQ

New

Post by DCESQ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:16 am

FormerChild wrote:
On your assignments, enter the assignment press continue or w/e and then it'll have a bubble sheet prompt thing and you just enter them there.

I got a 126 and am in the 58% percentile. Just did absolutely terrible on criminal law and civil procedure. I wouldn't be overly concerned for anyone who isn't happy with scores, let the little scare reignite the fire under your a** to finish strong. There's time left and after this test, coupled with percentiles from other practice questions, you've literally got a blueprint of where to focus your attention to improve significantly.
126 for me as well. The analysis page says that scales to a 143 for reference. Seems like a much bigger jump than I've been reading on here.

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:17 am

FormerChild wrote:

58th percentile indicates that the median score is currently at or about 125. That's notably higher than previous years (I have seen nothing that indicates that it has been higher than 118), so unless this exam was considerably easier than previous years, then I wouldn't worry about the percentiles for now.

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:17 am

DCESQ wrote:
FormerChild wrote:

126 for me as well. The analysis page says that scales to a 143 for reference. Seems like a much bigger jump than I've been reading on here.
Well. 126 on the actual MBE that is.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”