ADHD barring admission? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Donnis

New

ADHD barring admission?

Post by Donnis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:27 pm

I have done a lot of research and have yet to find anything about a bar applicant being denied admission to the bar for ADHD diagnosis as an adult and while in law school. I will be disclosing the doctor on my bar application. I have seen denial of bar accommodations but not an applicant being denied admission solely because of ADHD diagnosis and medication as an adult while in law school.

fratstar1

Bronze

Re: ADHD barring admission?

Post by fratstar1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm

lol no. never happens. so many law students/lawyers are diagnosed with add/adhd.

Get-it-done

New

Re: ADHD barring admission?

Post by Get-it-done » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:05 am

Donnis wrote:I have done a lot of research and have yet to find anything about a bar applicant being denied admission to the bar for ADHD diagnosis as an adult and while in law school. I will be disclosing the doctor on my bar application. I have seen denial of bar accommodations but not an applicant being denied admission solely because of ADHD diagnosis and medication as an adult while in law school.
Wow, first time I have heard about this. I was diagnosed during my second year in law school. I was pretty sure I was not going to be granted accommodations. I was wrong. I don't see why I would be granted accommodations, yet not "satisfy" my moral application. Hope not. It's still in review. I'll provide an update once I hear something.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”