Adaptibar worth it just for final month? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
crumb cake

Bronze

Adaptibar worth it just for final month?

Post by crumb cake » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Barbri switches primarily to problem sets in July. Is it worth it to use Adaptibar just for that leg of prep?

cnk1220

Silver

Re: Adaptibar worth it just for final month?

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:35 pm

crumb cake wrote:Barbri switches primarily to problem sets in July. Is it worth it to use Adaptibar just for that leg of prep?

Probably not at this point. Had you purchased adaptibar earlier access was available in march- it would be difficult to get the most out of doing all 1745 Q that adaptibar provides AND going over the explanations and going over essays for the MEE within the next 4-5 weeks.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:05 pm

I think its worth it. For a couple reasons:

- Adaptibar provides you with a ton of data so once you answer a sufficient number of questions you can really focus your studying.

- Convenience - Can knock out 10, 20, 30 questions whenever you feel like it. I do questions in between writing essays, on the train, etc. ( just be sure to review your wrong - and correct - answers).

I also don't think you are wasting money just because you aren't able to complete all of the questions. Even 1000 extra questions will definitely pay dividends.

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:14 pm

I got Adaptibar with 4 weeks left and I found it to be extremely helpful. Ended up passing.

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:15 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:I think its worth it. For a couple reasons:

- Adaptibar provides you with a ton of data so once you answer a sufficient number of questions you can really focus your studying.

- Convenience - Can knock out 10, 20, 30 questions whenever you feel like it. I do questions in between writing essays, on the train, etc. ( just be sure to review your wrong - and correct - answers).

I also don't think you are wasting money just because you aren't able to complete all of the questions. Even 1000 extra questions will definitely pay dividends.
Especially this. I was working full time while studying but could pull up Adaptibar and do 4-5 questions in between meetings and whatnot. That was extremely helpful for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JDAdvisingLLC

New

Post by JDAdvisingLLC » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 pm

If it is just the released questions you are looking for, you could buy Strategies and Tactics 6th Edition for much cheaper than Adaptibar (it is something like $80 on Amazon). It has less questions (550) and is on paper -- which is kind of nice since the real MBE will be on paper. (However this does not have the convenient on-the-go advantage of Adaptibar if you like doing questions on your phone or whatever. That never appealed much to me so it wouldn't have made a difference to me but I know a lot of people, like the other people that commented, that like that aspect of Adaptibar a lot!)

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:14 am

JDAdvisingLLC wrote:If it is just the released questions you are looking for, you could buy Strategies and Tactics 6th Edition for much cheaper than Adaptibar (it is something like $80 on Amazon). It has less questions (550) and is on paper -- which is kind of nice since the real MBE will be on paper. (However this does not have the convenient on-the-go advantage of Adaptibar if you like doing questions on your phone or whatever. That never appealed much to me so it wouldn't have made a difference to me but I know a lot of people, like the other people that commented, that like that aspect of Adaptibar a lot!)
Do you have advice on how to use the Strategies and Tactics books if we're also doing some other commercial bar prep? I would love to do the 550 questions but I'm already kind of snowed under with other questions from my bar prep folks.

MelaPela

New

Post by MelaPela » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:48 pm

I just got it this week and started using it yesterday. Came across some questions / nuances in subjects I had already finished in Themis (K, Property and Torts) and am glad I am using Adaptibar. I've only done around 50 questions, but think it's helpful even for the last month.

My firm is paying for it though (since I didn't go with Barbri, had some leeway to negotiate), so if cost is a factor, you could try the Strategies & Tactics book.

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:47 pm

JDAdvisingLLC wrote:If it is just the released questions you are looking for, you could buy Strategies and Tactics 6th Edition for much cheaper than Adaptibar (it is something like $80 on Amazon). It has less questions (550) and is on paper -- which is kind of nice since the real MBE will be on paper. (However this does not have the convenient on-the-go advantage of Adaptibar if you like doing questions on your phone or whatever. That never appealed much to me so it wouldn't have made a difference to me but I know a lot of people, like the other people that commented, that like that aspect of Adaptibar a lot!)
I also found Strategies and Tactics to be extremely helpful. The MBE was the area where I struggled most and I definitely picked up more than a few tips just from the strategies portion of the book. The practice questions were good too and very like what I saw on exam day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:08 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
crumb cake wrote:Barbri switches primarily to problem sets in July. Is it worth it to use Adaptibar just for that leg of prep?

Probably not at this point. Had you purchased adaptibar earlier access was available in march- it would be difficult to get the most out of doing all 1745 Q that adaptibar provides AND going over the explanations and going over essays for the MEE within the next 4-5 weeks.
idk.... 50Q's a day gets you done before test day

smileyface

New

Post by smileyface » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Absolutely! Go for it!

ur_hero

Bronze

Post by ur_hero » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Yes. The reason it will still be useful is that you will get to see where you stand as a result of working with your other preparation materials.

You may or may not get through all 1700+ questions, but practice regardless will help you identify your weaknesses and strengths, as well as just keep the MBE patterns fresh. Adaptibar makes it SOOO easy to practice (even if their explanations are kinda mehhhhh sometimes)

Like others say, just make sure you review and understand why you got each one right or wrong (at the very least as you go - and, potentially every couple hundred problems or so as well).

Tiredbuthappyitsover

New

Post by Tiredbuthappyitsover » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Adaptibar is super worth it for the final month. If you're weak in the MBE like I was, it can make the difference between passing and failing. If you want an Adaptibar discount code, PM me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:06 pm

anecdotal but i started adaptibar yesterday and am already improving in my weak subjects

HungJuror

New

Post by HungJuror » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Same. I bought Adaptibar yesterday and notice they highlight some areas that Barbri did not cover as much (i.e., appeals on jury instructions). I suggest it.
PourMeTea wrote:anecdotal but i started adaptibar yesterday and am already improving in my weak subjects

kcjlo10

New

Post by kcjlo10 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 pm

I have a discount code if anyone needs it. Feel free to pm me.

Joeshan520

Bronze

Post by Joeshan520 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 pm

Yes, I've noticed my average go up as well with Adaptibar over the last two weeks. Their explanations are concise and the data breakdown they provide on your performance is fantastic. Also look into the video lectures with Jon Grossman if you have time.

ScooterGa

New

Post by ScooterGa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Does anybody know how many people actually use Adatpibar? I know that Barbri shows me everybody taking the Studysmart questions, but I don't see any indicator of how many people use Adaptibar nationally or in my state (Virginia)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”